Page 145 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3629
Like Tree4483Likes

Thread: Brandi Glanville leaving Dan Tana's nearly falling several times as she exits taxi

See I read it and his name was not even memorable to stick with me for 2 minutes.
    CL** likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ yeah, brandi is unfunny but i think it is harder for women to get away with rape jokes than men. i may be blasted for that, but it is my opinion. the only woman comic i have ever seen get away with it (sometimes) is joan rivers.
    and sarah silverman. i think the only time i've ever laughed at her jokes, it was a rape joke.
    i don't know if it's that men make funnier rape jokes or if it's just that more male comics are willing to go there because even though they get criticised, female comics get criticised even more for it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Interestingly enough, some of the people coming to her defense yesterday on Twitter were men and a couple were comedians. (not famous ones we'd recognize)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    It's funny when comedians joke about it. I've heard more than one joke by a comic who grew up catholic being 'the only boy the priest never touched'. I've laughed at plenty of smart, edgy comics who know how to properly construct and deliver a joke on a controversial topic (i.e. Louis CK) So I don't exactly agree with "never funny".

It's just not funny when a dumb ex-model tries to be a comedian. Well...not in a good way at least. But I think people are blowing this way out of proportion.
    I have to agree. Louis CK, Daniel Tosh, Sarah Silverman, Howard Stern - they can pull it off because it really is all in the delivery. Some rape jokes told with an obvious awareness of how very wrong the joke is can work, imo. It's the very absurdity of trivializing something like that, the extreme juxtaposition of the casual with the very grave.

Brandi Glanville simply doesn't bring the same history or context; people don't know where she's trying to come from with such a joke, so it sounds like she's just doing it to be edgy or to fit in with a group of comedians to whom she doesn't really belong.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Elite Member

There's so many comics that joke about it. And all the other taboo topics. Aziz Anzari's popular special, Buried Alive, has a whole big bit on the exact topic of being a cute kid but being passed over by child molesters. It's not a new joke. The issue, I guess, is who the joke is on. (and of course all the other things like delivery)

I think if she had said additional stuff like, yeah, I felt that way when I was a teen. What an idiot I was, total airhead that I thought that way, not realizing the severity and tragedy of the issue, etc., etc., the response to her comment would have been different. Showing that the joke was on her.

Heck, even adding that into her apology would have been better...that she was attempting to make fun of herself for being so stupid as a teen, she apologizes for the lame attempt at comedy and is sorry for minimizing the horrors....

eta: her other guest, Bobbie Jean whatever is telling people it was edited and the show's editing crew admitted this to her. If that's the truth, and the non-edited version changes the joke to a different meaning, then Podcast One should probably speak up.
    Last edited by CL**; January 17th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.

To be fair, Brandi probably doesn't try so hard in her comedic efforts because she cannot quit laughing during practice. Of course, she practices in front of a mirror....

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

One thing that makes Brandi's comment so distasteful IMO is that she said that her sister was actually molested by a school official, it was not some abstraction. And ugh at her once again disclosing someone else's personal information.

Regarding the custody I just don't see LeAnn as influencing / nagging Eddie to get additional custody. She does not have to, it seems to me like Eddie, on his own, has either been trying to get his kids or at least he's been tracking and reporting to his attorney or the courts Brandi's missteps. Given her propensity for distortion and lying, I take the things that Brandi says with a grain of salt, but she has brought up on the show and in interviews that Eddie has been critical of her mothering and he questions the kids about what goes when they are with her.

Brandi and another Housewife have mentioned that there was something going on with Brandi when the show was filming, and the first thought that popped in my head both times was that it was related to Eddie and custody. It should also be noted that the drunken, tampon string incident has not even happened yet. My guess is that Brandi was (and still is) in some kind of negative spiral, and while some of what was going on was filmed for Real Housewives or caught by the paps, there were probably other incidents that never became public.

She committed the high crime of trying to be funny and came off distasteful. She should def lose her kids.
    manningmsj, rollo, CL** and 3 others like this.

^ To LeMann.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    One thing that makes Brandi's comment so distasteful IMO is that she said that her sister was actually molested by a school official, it was not some abstraction. And ugh at her once again disclosing someone else's personal information.

Regarding the custody I just don't see LeAnn as influencing / nagging Eddie to get additional custody. She does not have to, it seems to me like Eddie, on his own, has either been trying to get his kids or at least he's been tracking and reporting to his attorney or the courts Brandi's missteps. Given her propensity for distortion and lying, I take the things that Brandi says with a grain of salt, but she has brought up on the show and in interviews that Eddie has been critical of her mothering and he questions the kids about what goes when they are with her.

Brandi and another Housewife have mentioned that there was something going on with Brandi when the show was filming, and the first thought that popped in my head both times was that it was related to Eddie and custody. It should also be noted that the drunken, tampon string incident has not even happened yet. My guess is that Brandi was (and still is) in some kind of negative spiral, and while some of what was going on was filmed for Real Housewives or caught by the paps, there were probably other incidents that never became public.
    Do you really think Eddie wants to raise his kids full time? Or Leann for that matter? I can just see it now. Leann becomes the stay at home mom, Eddie is out on the prowl....Eddie likes to party and vacation. I don't see him wanting that full-time. Could be wrong though. It seems like they would have had a stronger case when the drunken pics event happened and they didn't do anything then. A lot stronger case than claiming her an unfit mother because of words on a podcast. I just don't think Eddie would really believe the accusations that Brandi okays molestation of children and wouldn't protect her kids.

they're all unfit. each one is screwed up in their own way. together, they form the axis of parenting evil. poor kids. hope someone is saving for all the therapy they're going to need.
    manningmsj, Flygirl, sluce and 2 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

No one is going to lose custody because of being an idiot, were that the case, the state would have taken them away a long time ago. Actually, most people would lose custody of their children.
    Drinking to the point of being drunk - all 3 are guilty of this, Brandi is just stupid enough to keep doing it in public.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    hope someone is saving for all the therapy they're going to need.
    Nope. They're buying new cheeks, lips and poo tangs.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Do you really think Eddie wants to raise his kids full time? Or Leann for that matter? I can just see it now. Leann becomes the stay at home mom, Eddie is out on the prowl....Eddie likes to party and vacation. I don't see him wanting that full-time. Could be wrong though. It seems like they would have had a stronger case when the drunken pics event happened and they didn't do anything then. A lot stronger case than claiming her an unfit mother because of words on a podcast. I just don't think Eddie would really believe the accusations that Brandi okays molestation of children and wouldn't protect her kids.
    Just to clarify in my previous post I was addressing in a single post both of the topics that have been discussed recently, specifically Brandi's controversial podcast comment (my first paragraph) and the other was the article about LeAnn pushing Eddie to get full custody (the rest of the post). I was not opining that what Brandi said on the podcast should be grounds for her losing custody. Now it may be grounds for her to lose her job in a straw that broke the camel's kinda way but that remains to be seen.

Regarding the custody, I think that article is hooey, but it was a prompt for me to share my thoughts with my overall thought being that Eddie has been monitoring Brandi's misdeeds for quite some time, and not as a result of the latest Brandi blunder or because LeAnn is pushing him. It was mentioned on Brandi's first season on the show that Eddie was critical of Brandi's parenting, note Brandi did not say it directly, another HW was relaying what Brandi said. Also in her interview with Howard Stern Brandi said that the reason she wanted to go to counseling with Eddie and LeAnn was because Eddie was questioning Mason about what went on when they were with their mother, that would have been back in 2010. By the way I don't know why LeAnn was included in counseling, at most she could have participated in a later session.

Admittedly it's mostly of a vibe but I think that between Eddie and his parents, that if he could sway the court to give him even more than the 50% that he already has that he / they would go for it. I don't necessarily think that they are trying to get Brandi's parental rights severed, just increase his percentage.

I don't see Eddie as a party animal and even if he was that's what nannies and grandparents are for.

Do the Cibrians really vacation all that much? It looks to me like a summer vacation, a winter vacation, a hunting trip, a camping trip, and a few long weekends. Yeah that's a lot compared to the average Joe but that is not a lot for affluent / rich people. Also the junior squints were with them on at least half of those trips.

I suspect that LeAnn is OK with the current situation but will be supportive of Eddie, and if Eddie's custody percentage increases and the junior squints are underfoot, that's where the nannies and grandparents come in.
    Last edited by dougie; January 17th, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Silver Member

I just got called obsessive for saying Kate Gosselin and Brandi are a lot alike with actions and statements that could affect their kids. Said it in the Kate thread. Putting it here too because I'm obsessive lol. Irony is the funniest thing on GR. Got to love it.

that said, BG is getting reamed by the public on Daily Mail, celebitchy, dlisted, etc. good luck with those book sales.
    Mel1973 likes this.

Thread Information