Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brad Pitt gets a hands-on welcome at American Idol

All i can say is big deal, i can't believe people still aren't over him. He was hot several years ago but it has definitely faded.

Hit By Ban Bus!

People need to get over their feelings about Brad Pitt, even if Ryan Seacreast is joanzing in his pants for him - American Idol gives back is not about Brad Pitt. I saw it last year and it stayed with me all year. It broke my heart. There are children living in places my dogs wouldn't go near. The show was well done with out being patronizing. There are children in Kentucky that can't even speak the English language... who knew? American Idol started the charity to help others and they used their vast audience to get the word out that all is not well with the world.. or at least not well for some people.

For a change a charity event that can actually account for all the monies... take that George Clooney and Dione Warwick. This year they want to make sure more of the monies stays here and less goes around the world. Maybe people will give more if they think they are helping their own.

Isn't it sad that America needs help caring for their poor in the year 2008? It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    People need to get over their feelings about Brad Pitt, even if Ryan Seacreast is joanzing in his pants for him - American Idol gives back is not about Brad Pitt. I saw it last year and it stayed with me all year. It broke my heart. There are children living in places my dogs wouldn't go near. The show was well done with out being patronizing. There are children in Kentucky that can't even speak the English language... who knew? American Idol started the charity to help others and they used their vast audience to get the word out that all is not well with the world.. or at least not well for some people.

For a change a charity event that can actually account for all the monies... take that George Clooney and Dione Warwick. This year they want to make sure more of the monies stays here and less goes around the world. Maybe people will give more if they think they are helping their own.

Isn't it sad that America needs help caring for their poor in the year 2008? It's embarrassing.
    I agree that the center of attention at this event should be those they are raising money for but once again the media is who put Brad Pitt in the front. He is not the only person to take some part in this program so the media imo shouldn't be making it the Brad Pitt show once again. jmo.

I hope they raise alot of money for the cause.

and as for this country needed to help it's poor. this is not something new for 2008 yes it is embarrassing as it has been for decades and decades. this is unfortunately not something new.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

The government has the money to help the poor; they just don't want to.

For being such a shitty show, they are doing something beautiful. Very cool.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    The government has the money to help the poor; they just don't want to.
    we are trillions in debt.

a bomb costs in the millions, planes cost in the millions. This war is expensive. I was for the war 100 percent, now it's time to let them fix their own govenment and rebuild their country.

It's time we fixed our own country. JMO

Brad Pitt is one issue, the poor is another. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees. If we could see the trees we'd turn our heads anyway.

I don't like most charities, the Red Cross or United Givers Fund - the Red Cross sends most of their money out of the country and the United givers Fund is always corrupt. The fact they can account for where all the money give me hope ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information