Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Brad Pitt donates $100K for gay marriage effort

Because of one little thing I said? i've been here for years. Whatever, I am done being attacked when I've been nothing but nice to you. Have fun.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

czb

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    How would you know I've been priveldged since birth, you don't know me! I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm sick of this asshat and his girlfriend running to the press when they make a donation. Off to my "ivory tower" I'll run!
    privileged? none of us know that. but we do know that you had the FREEDOM to marry the person you wanted - didn't you recently announce your marriage? brad is putting money into a cause that will allow others this freedom as well. and NO, this is not an attack.
    Last edited by czb; November 3rd, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Waterslide likes this.

You've been here for years, so you're well-aware of how we treat homophobia.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I get a kick out of you being tired of them announcing their donations. That is the purpose of the foundation. They donate and raise awareness. The press releases are part of the awareness. I work with an organization that is focus on finding forever homes for kids who need them. I promise you we announce every large donation possible because the press leads to more attention and more donations. Non-profits are funny that way.
    Brookie, Waterslide and Tati like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Really? You all are being so completely mean to me over this? Did I ever say anything homophobic and yet you jump all over me? I have never said anything mean to any of you
    It is so fucking easy to attack people on the internet.
    No on attacked you so you can just stop that crap right now!! You cannot play the victim after you planted the seed! You knew what you were saying!! I don't
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

How would you know I've been priveldged since birth, you don't know me!
    If you have all your rights from birth, you are indeed privileged. Privilege is not about just how much money you have.

I'm entitled to my opinion
    ... yes, you are. You're also entitled to have your opinion dissected when voiced publicly.

and I'm sick of this asshat and his girlfriend running to the press when they make a donation. Off to my "ivory tower" I'll run!
    *shrug* that part, I don't really care about.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I get the impression from Mercer that she resents them getting attention for this since it wasn't "hard earned money". I personally don't give a shit if they worked hard for it or not. I know some trust fund babies who have never worked a day in their lives but are very generous. Should I call them and tell them to stop it and only donate from money they work to earn?
    How would you know I've been priveldged since birth, you don't know me! I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm sick of this asshat and his girlfriend running to the press when they make a donation. Off to my "ivory tower" I'll run!
    I'm pretty sure she Sluce didn't mention your name nor refer to you in any such way matter of fact we were past your post and now talking about Mercer's post but hey whatevers
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Bye!
    stop being mean damnit
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Good riddance.
    evil cunt you are lol
    Really? You all are being so completely mean to me over this? Did I ever say anything homophobic and yet you jump all over me? I have never said anything mean to any of you
    nor us to you
    Because of one little thing I said? i've been here for years. Whatever, I am done being attacked when I've been nothing but nice to you. Have fun.
    I don't see where anyone attacked you I think you are blowing this way out of proportion for reals take your chill pills
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Don't run off. I didn't think your comment was homophobic. But don't be so sensitive. The gay marriage issue is a BIG deal to many people, especially the lgbt community and you don't know who's behind the keyboard.
    Now I hope I don't get shit, but FashionVictim was just saying there are other charities that are more important, children with disease, life and death charities. Come on.

Again, YOUR definition of more important, not everyone's.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's not really a "charity", per se, it's a growing, breathing political cause just like civil rights in the 1960s or the suffrage movement of the 19th century. The organizations that pushed for those social changes did not thrive on personal tenacity alone, and I don't know about anyone else, but I consider both of those things incredibly important. Brad Pitt is not stealing the food out of orphans' mouths or yanking a blanket from the shoulders of a Hurricane Sandy victim by giving money to this cause.

$100,000 is a lot of money to me. I assume it's a lot of money to the Human Rights Campaign. Presumably it's not a lot of money for Brad Pitt. I'm not suggesting that he should have given more to the cause, but I am suggesting that he gives money to other charities. What exactly is the problem?
    Last edited by Waterslide; November 5th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
    czb and sluce like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    If I'm donating MY money to a cause that you don't agree with, then you can fuck right off and match my donation to the charity that you want with your money.
    This apparently needs to be re-posted on every page in this thread.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Well you'd think, but if it doesn't SAVE LIVES RIGHT THIS SECOND, it's not worthy of a donation regardless of your right to give money to whoever you want.
    Laurent likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Well last I heard a lot of cancer research isn't saving lives RIGHT now either so let's not give those sorry bastards any money either. Seriously people again it's not your fucking money he's donating so get right the fuck off your high horses. He can donate to what he wants not what you think is best. I fucking hate you all for making me defend Brad Pitt by the way but fuck it he's now my next Tori.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Well if that's the case, why do people EVER donate to any cures anyway? The medical profession hasn't cured a damn thing since polio, and that wasn't even a cure, just a prevention. So WTF?
    shedevilang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well if that's the case, why do people EVER donate to any cures anyway? The medical profession hasn't cured a damn thing since polio, and that wasn't even a cure, just a prevention. So WTF?

They haven't even cured Polio! (According to noted epidemiologist and ecdysiast Jenny McCarthy.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information