Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Brad Pitt donates $100K for gay marriage effort

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    That's nice and he can spend his money however he wants, but there are surely other charities that could use that money more than this.
    ? really like this isn't a worthwhile charity. Besides he donates money all the time to different charity's
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

czb

^^^ actually, i think brad should donate less money and instead pay a stylist to help him not dress like a poser.
    shedevilang and Bellatheball like this.

Your mouth, god's ear honey I think he needs more than a stylist though lol

czb

^^^ ok, maybe a bath and a scrub brush, too.
    shedevilang likes this.

a barrel of lysol might be a start
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    That's nice and he can spend his money however he wants, but there are surely other charities that could use that money more than this.
    Says someone who's had all their rights, benefits and advantages from birth. The millions of american LGBT citizens would like to offer you the middle finger in response. They'll have it delivered to your ivory tower shortly.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

100k, how dare this straight man donate that much money for a good cause. What does he want a cookie? /tumblr sarcasm/

No but that's really big of him to do. He seems to be very serious about equality for everyone (Who says this isn't worthy enough cause to donate too, cmon people?) and he surely has my respect.
    shedevilang likes this.

Yeah, let's not get into a pissing contest - the guy donated $100,000. He can donate wherever he pleases, as can you.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I think it's somewhat difficult to compare which charity deserves money more than another, charity is so subjective. Good on him, I think it's great when they do a donations-match type thing, then it might encourage folk to donate a bit more. This issue seems particularly close to his heart, it's pretty damn sad that it's such a fight. I haven't properly kept up with it, but a few months ago the Scottish Government put forward legislation to legalise gay marriage (in church and everything) with the same rights for gay couples that hetero couples have. I can't quite wrap my head around politicians openly campaigning against it, the only really vocal people against it here are certain religions and the Conservatives (but I think they're just contrary fucks rather than homophobes).
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Occasionally, people who annoy me greatly do good things I can't snark on, and this would be one of those times. I don't doubt Brad supports gay marriage and I don't really understand how this is an undeserving charity. If I were to snark on this, I would probably question why the announcement of the donation? Attention? An act of contrition stemming from his mother's rightwingy letter to the newspaper? Or he just honestly wanted to support the cause? Either way, who cares? In the end, it doesn't matter because the money will be put to good use.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Let's not forget that charities are still out about $14 Million of their kids' first photo shoots.
    And then I have to kinda agree with FashionVivtim, right now, help for the Sandy victims will benefit blacks, whites, gays, hobos and vampires equally. Making a big splash of matching donations up to a meager $100k is ridiculous in itself and totally out of place right now.

I hate sticking up for this prick, but I have a feeling the donation was set in motion prior to the hurricane, it just happened to be announced yesterday.
    shedevilang and chartreuse like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Why the news announcement? Seriously? It's a MATCHING donation. The whole point of that is to encourage others to donate.
    shedevilang likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Why the news announcement? Seriously? It's a MATCHING donation. The whole point of that is to encourage others to donate.
    I know and understand. I meant if I HAD to snark or be skeptical of something, that's all I had and it didn't amount to much. I don't get how he did anything wrong here.

I do.
    Again: they made a big announcement of how the twins' first pics were only raking in $14 Mio domestically because it was all for charity. It went to the Jolie-Pitt foundation back in 2008. Ever since then the 'Jolie-Pitts' have not been very generous with their donations. 300k here, 100k there.
    Now, in the face of Sandy's devastation he comes out with a 'match up to 100k' for some other worthy cause. Ridiculous. Sure, it was all planned long before, etc. But the timing remains sketchy. He couldn't have realized that his 'generous' apprx. 100k right now might be misplaced?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information