Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie poor parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    No word from SVZ on it at this point; if he asks us to do it, we will, but it would be a pretty major change to make without having the admin's approval.

Also, the mechanics of it make it not as straight-forward as one would hope. When threads are merged, all the posts line up in chronological order. The new thread wouldn't "know" which post belonged to which thread, so, depending on what date/time people made their responses, you would have comments that should go together get spread out all over the place with other unrelated comments in between. You'd have somebody's little carrots - ^^ - suggesting that they're replying to the comment above theirs, but if someone's comment from another Brangelina thread was made in between those, that's where it would end up. And the thread as a whole wouldn't end up making a lot of sense. We may be able to turn this chronology feature off, mind you, but I know it's the default.

To be honest I don't think this is a good idea, myself. Most of the threads are about separate topics, and where they're not, they get merged. Some of us only have an interest in some of the things Brangelina or Britney does, and want to read those threads but not all. Having everything that ever happens to Brangelina all in one thread sort of goes against the design of the forum, imo. A giant Brangelina thread or sub-forum would be more like what you'd see on a fansite, whereas we're reporting on particular gossip items, and treating them like gossip items, which is to say, fleeting and varied.

Also, if all hell breaks out in a particular thread now, we can lock it down and it's only a small loss - inevitably, fighting will at some point break out in a giant super-thread, so do we want to create one just to have to lock it? Not to mention that the policing of said thread would be ridiculously time-consuming. As it is now, I do my best (as do the other mods) to keep up with the Britney and Brangelina threads to see if there's any nastiness going on, and it takes forever, but at least I can finish up with one thread and know that it's clear to move on the next. I can't imagine sitting down at my desk each day and having to read through 30 pages daily just in one thread. It could end up becoming a free-for-all before any mod could reasonably get to it.

That said, if SVZ wants this implemented, of course I'd help do it. Just my thoughts on it. It seems far simpler just to not read threads that don't interest you.
    I don't see why mods and posters shouldn't have MAJOR inconveniences like this if it saves even ONE poster from having to read a title thread and decide whether to click on it or not j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    If things get out of hand, we could always have another moratorium....
    Nooooooooo! I am totally against moratoriums (is that the plural?)

I won't bore everyone shitless with my personal feelings on the subject.

And, of course, if it's democratically decided a moratorium is the way to go, I'll have to suck it up....!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

without them, who/where would we direct our hate?? when I come in these threads, it's like when the Care Bears would do that Care Bear Stare or whatever the hell it was and the little symbols on their chests would light up and shoot out rainbows....
    Xtina A. That is who. Maybe we can spread the hate and cause her to break down and leave her hubby-who everyone else thinks is fug(but me) and then I can stalk him, abduct him and that could be the beginning of my new life of stalking down and then killing celebrity husbands that people think are fug, but who I like???

BRING ON THE hate
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

without them, who/where would we direct our hate?? when I come in these threads, it's like when the Care Bears would do that Care Bear Stare or whatever the hell it was and the little symbols on their chests would light up and shoot out rainbows....

Care Bears? Now I could direct the hate to them. I can't stand those litter effers.

^^Of course, if virtually every thread at GR is on these topics, or devolves into these topics, that person should just fuck off and leave GR, right? I want to make sure I understand this correctly. They certainly shouldn't expect, encourage, or even attempt diversity of opinion at GR.

And anybody who doesn't go along with the prevailing opinion on these myriad threads and has the nerve to mention it has had a "serious break, a mental break."

What I find amusing is that people are actually admitting that there are several threads a day on EXACTLY the same story, never mind person, yet anyone who points that out should "fuck off and leave."

Heaven forbid anyone should have a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE in getting to their 28 AJ/BRIT/Paris/Lindsay/Pam...fill-in-the-blank fixes a day.

Is that about right?

FYI, I'm sorry I am unpopular here for stating this opinion, but I have no intention of going anywhere just because some people disagree. I'm certainly not demanding/suggesting that others leave or have mental problems because they see things differently. However, I realize that no one is interested in hearing what I have to say, and so I will stop saying it. *waits for inevitable round of shitkicking to follow*

And now back to the regular programming.

Actually, it's the fucking Smurfs that piss me off. I never got them.
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^Of course, if virtually every thread at GR is on these topics, or devolves into these topics, that person should just fuck off and leave GR, right? I want to make sure I understand this correctly. They certainly shouldn't expect, encourage, or even attempt diversity of opinion at GR.

And anybody who doesn't go along with the prevailing opinion on these myriad threads and has the nerve to mention it has had a "serious break, a mental break."

What I find amusing is that people are actually admitting that there are several threads a day on EXACTLY the same story, never mind person, yet anyone who points that out should "fuck off and leave."

Heaven forbid anyone should have a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE in getting to their 28 AJ/BRIT/Paris/Lindsay/Pam...fill-in-the-blank fixes a day.

Is that about right?

FYI, I'm sorry I am unpopular here for stating this opinion, but I have no intention of going anywhere just because some people disagree. I'm certainly not demanding/suggesting that others leave or have mental problems because they see things differently.

Well most of us are NOT saying that to you PB. (((hugs))) But in a way it is like the threads dealing with make-up and hair and stuff. I could really care less about that stuff...but I do not go into the threads constantly to say "I do not care about any of this stuff". If you post a differing opinion that is one thing..but posting about disliking the thread topic in general is a different thing. It just seems to be engendering ill will toward you and I do not like that. LEAVE PACIFIC BREEZE ALONE!! SHE IS A HUMAN!!! *stops briefly to apply eyeliner*

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
    Thanks for that. Is California one of the states that will not allow adoption unless the couple is married? Do the California records show the filing for guardianships were filed at the same time as the name changes?
    California allows partnership or second parent adoptions thru their AB 25 law. I have no idea if he adopted the three other than what he said in Esquire sometime last year that he did adopt Maddox and Zahara. Since U.S. adoption records are sealed, except for a couple states, who knows.

^^Thanks, Soj, but I'm done. *scuttles back to threads where I can agree with everyone's opinion*

Is that about right?

FYI, I'm sorry I am unpopular here for stating this opinion, but I have no intention of going anywhere just because some people disagree. I'm certainly not demanding/suggesting that others leave or have mental problems because they see things differently.

No, not anyone that points that out but anyone that can't stand this forum.

Just quit bitching about the way everything is done, if you don't like it, move to another thread, clearly no one is going to change just because you don't like the way things are done. I am not trying to be mean but seriously, you don't even come here to gossip anymore, all your posts are about how bad other posters are, if you don't like it and it's that bad then why be a part of it?

I actually haven't said that other posters are bad, where do you get that? I haven't personally attacked anyone, I disagreed with their opinions, which is different.

And Sweetie, I have decided to leave these threads. Anyway, going...going...gone.

Don't you bitch about the posts other posters are making?

^^That's not the same as attaching THEM, at least not to me. I am challenging their ideas/opinions. I don't even know them. Anyway, I've already said I'm stopping. I will now agree with everything, unless of course, that is wrong, too. It's kind of confusing around here these days now that diversity is frowned upon.

There!! I have stunk up this thread so badly that everyone just needs to take a break or be asphyxiated!!

I don't remember saying you attacked them, I just said you bitch about everything posters are posting. If you don't agree with what they are saying you have to call it out. I like you, PB, I really do. I am just saying, you seem to be a nice person and I can see where you are coming from....I understand you aren't the type of person that likes to bash people, where some of us are. The thing is you have to keep in mind this is a gossipboard and we are all here to waste time and to pick and bash dumb celebrities that need to be bashed. I can almost bet my life that none of us really wish harm on the people that we say we do, it's just our way of expressing how much we dislike them.
    Again, i like you, I do. I am not trying to offend you.

^^Of course, if virtually every thread at GR is on these topics, or devolves into these topics, that person should just fuck off and leave GR, right?
    No, but they don't have to constantly derail threads making their point over and over.

They certainly shouldn't expect, encourage, or even attempt diversity of opinion at GR.
    "Encourage" diversity by posting diverse threads. If no-one wants to read them - tough titty! If people are happily discussing a celeb on a relevant thread, don't derail it - tough titty!

Getting bent out of shape over an internet gossip board doesn't seem very sane, no........

Again, it comes back to derailing threads to make your point. Can't you email the mods directly? If they have no problem, well then it's tough titty time again.....

I feel it's a shame for the mods who do a good job for nothing to provide us with this forum. They should have HOURS more work to accommodate your gripe??

, I'm sorry I am unpopular here for stating this opinion, but I have no intention of going anywhere just because some people disagree. I'm certainly not demanding/suggesting that others leave or have mental problems because they see things differently
    If you're unpopular for any reason, it's not for having an opinion. It's for derailing threads with your own agenda over and over. If you choose to stay on a forum that isn't providing with you with the arena you want, I won't be losing any sleep over it......

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information