Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree788Likes

Thread: Bobbi Kristina Brown Found Unconscious in Bathtub

*hugs* to you Lofty Bike.
    Lofty Bike and firebrat1229 like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thank you, Bluebonnet.
    I really needed one after posting.
    rollo, effie2, Bluebonnet and 9 others like this.

A*O

This highlights how important it is to discuss this kind of thing with your loved ones. It's not morbid or "icky", it clarifies your wishes and instructions if loved ones have to make this kind of difficult and upsetting decision on your behalf. My father made it crystal clear that he did not want to be resuscitated nor his life artificially prolonged if there was no realistic chance of a meaningful existence afterwards. When that day came telling the medical people we wished to comply with his instructions actually made the whole process much less difficult for everyone involved, including him.

TALK to each other, write it down if necessary. Let them know what you want so they don't have to guess.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^ This^^^

It's good to have a "living will" that dictates if you want to be kept alive by artificial measures or not.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I give no credit to Bobby Brown, but seriously the press and public needs to give him space. Yesterday was his birthday, the anniversary of Whitney's death is in a matter of days, there's an ongoing police investigation into the cause of this. This is not a decision that needs to be rushed. If he wants to wait a week and actually try and deal with this and gather his head before pulling the plug, for fuck's sake he should get it.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Both my parents have living wills in case either of them should befall a tragedy where they couldn't speak for themselves.

I should probably have one too, I don't wanna linger in limbo.
    Bombshell likes this.

Dionne Warwick

Shower Accident

Lands Singer in Hospital

2/6/2015 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    It's incredible ... Dionne Warwick -- the cousin of Whitney Houston, who died in a bathtub 3 years ago and the cousin of Bobbi Kristina, who is clinging to life after almost drowning in a bathtub -- slipped and fell in her shower and ended up hospitalized for almost 2 weeks ... TMZ has learned.
    We're told the slip and fall occurred January 24th. Dionne was at her home in South Orange, New Jersey January 24 when she fell.
    She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where she underwent ankle surgery and was released Thursday.
    The timing is remarkable. The 911 call for Dionne came in at 10:19 AM on Saturday, January 24th. The 911 call for Bobbi Kristina came in exactly a week later, at 10:25 AM on Saturday, January 31st.

Read more: Dionne Warwick -- Shower Accident Lands Singer in Hospital | TMZ.com

I'm sorry....I'm not being disrespectful, but this family needs to stay out of bathtubs. Srsly.
    sputnik and I'mNotBitter like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I'm sorry....I'm not being disrespectful, but this family needs to stay out of bathtubs. Srsly.
    Or, even better: stay out of drugs.
    rollo, Beeyotch, Trixie and 1 others like this.

Too late.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Hey, it could be worse. They could be like Elvis and die on the toilet.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

I think dying *in* the toilet would actually be worse.
    Linne likes this.

Lofty, Many hugs to you. That's a decision I hope I am never faced with. I just don't know what I'd choose. I like to think I know what I'd do, but we just never know.

Sorry for the loss of your father.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Thank you, Bombshell.

My father did not write down his wishes before he had a major stroke 8 years before his death. He was left unable to speak, gesture, write or even understand language. With the added bonus that he only had one word he used "No". And his right side was completely paralysed and he became an epileptic. Fun in the hospital, all the time: "Did my father get something to eat?" "No, he didn't say anything!". "Did you give him something to drink?" "No, he is not thirsty, he said "No" when I asked him!". ARRRGHHHHHH!
    But I must add that it was not all bad. Our family stood together through all of it and he had good times and somehow never lost his humour up till the very end.
    I have made my wish to just be left alone after a stroke or anything similar quite clear and have a written statement about it. I have thought about a tattoo with a statement, too .

Browns doing what Browns do.....
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bobbi-kris...173710186.html

Tension between Bobbi Kristina Brown’s family was so high on Friday that a fight erupted in an Atlanta hotel near the hospital where the 21-year-old daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown is currently hanging on through life support.

“Fight call was involving the family members of pop star Bobby Brown. One victim Shayne Brown was struck in the head with a bottle by suspect Tina Brown,” Atlanta Police Department officer Kim Jones told TheWrap of the brawl at the W Hotel.

Shayne, who received lacerations to his head, is Bobby’s cousin, while Tina is the “My Prerogative” singer’s sister.

“Mr. Shayne Brown chose to drive himself to the hospital,” the officer’s statement continued. “Mrs. Tina Brown left the scene before police arrived. The motive of the fight is unclear at this time. Mr. Shayne Brown received lacerations to his head.”

Details are scant, as the full report is not ready yet, according to the officer.

Paramedics were called to Bobbi Kristina’s house last Saturday when live-in partner, Nick Gordon, and a friend found her unconscious and face down in a bathtub. After initial treatment at North Fulton Hospital in Roswell, she was transferred to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta Monday, and is currently in a medically induced coma.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    this is not a decision that needs to be rushed. If he wants to wait a week and actually try and deal with this and gather his head before pulling the plug, for fuck's sake he should get it.
    It's his prerogative.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information