Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Bo Derek: Aging is not for sissies

Shrug. Her body may have been a ten, but I never thought her face was anything special to look at. It's OK to have different tastes.
    Callalily and dilligaf like this.

Elite Member

Mostly agree. Bangin' body, and she is a good looking woman but not a particularly gorgeous face, imo.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

She was very pretty, but I always thought her mouth was a bit weird. Also she has great posture and proportions. That's why most people thought she was an Amazone when in fact she's only 5'2" or 5'3" or something like that.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ Wow, I always assumed she was at least 5'8.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Laughing at all you babies in your 30's complaining about aging. Just wait til you hit the big 5-0, and beyond menopause, and you will really have something to complain about.

As for Bo, I think she looks pretty good now, and she was a real beauty in her younger years.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Yeah, I'm 51 now and I'm still trying to find out what hit me when menopause set in. I used to think that you age gradually, but it seems to come in waves. Like the hot flashes that steal my last nerve for now SIX years.
    Bo looks very good imho.

Elite Member

I was thinking how ridiculous we all sound bitching about aging and we're only in our early 30s... I think the shock of coming out of your 20s is something nobody's prepared for and I'm sure it doesn't get better from here. If I could go to an old person home several decades early when I hit 40 I'd be one happy camper, I've been dreaming of kicking it with Blanche, Dorothy, Rose and Sofia in a tropical location since I was 10 or so.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I'm 51, too, and I don't know how it is for you other ladies around this age, but to me it's like each decade seems to go by faster than the one before. I remember my first 10 years seemed to drag on forever. Always being told you're too young for this and for that and "this is for grown-ups" etc. My teens went by faster, but still seemed to take up quite a while. My twenties sped by, but comperatively slow to my thirties and my forties - to me - lasted about a blink of an eye. It's insane. And in your mind you stay young, at least a lot younger than your biological age. It's your body that reminds you you're slowly falling apart

***** celeb

I haven't been reading too much of this thread, but if you feel old in your thirties, it's a pretty bad sign. And it's not too late to get things turned around by especially doing something active (both aerobics and weight training). You need to try to gain and preserve as much bone density and muscle mass as you can, while you can.
    rollo, Clubber Lang and dilligaf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I haven't been reading too much of this thread, but if you feel old in your thirties, it's a pretty bad sign. And it's not too late to get things turned around by especially doing something active (both aerobics and weight training). You need to try to gain and preserve as much bone density and muscle mass as you can, while you can.
    Yeah, but do it in moderation: I was pretty much addicted to fitness and working out with weights and ended up with joint problems.
    Brookie and Palermo like this.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Yeah, but do it in moderation: I was pretty much addicted to fitness and working out with weights and ended up with joint problems.
    That's a good point. From what I'm reading moderate exercise can actually help with joint problems and even improve cartilage (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/515908). But nobody is recommending strenuous exercise - particularly when there is a history of injury. I think the problem also is that a lot of sedentary people stop exercising altoghether as soon as they have some kind of joint pain.

HWBL - what kind of exercises were you doing?

Yeah, I was a high-impact aerobics instructor for years (4-6 classes weekly), played softball twice weekly, ran 25 miles and biked 25 miles - all weekly. I knew because both parents had developed arthritis that I likely would as well, so I lived it up while I could. I hated my face and thought I was one of the homeliest people I'd ever seen so I thought I better take care of what I could - my body, and I had a bangin' one.

I'm now 62, have arthritis in my left hip (lucky that's the only place), and it's pretty constant but not debilitating. I'm glad I did what I did when I was able to do it. I still look pretty damn good for my age, and nobody EVER guesses my age.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'm an oldie too, I'm 60. I tried that robot site where they guess your age and mine said 42, so I can't complain. Italian skin doesn't crack either LOL
    JazzyGirl likes this.

^God, what I'd give to be a part of the olive skinned Italian side of my family. I got all the Irish genes instead---there's no hope for me, with aging. I've been guessed to be about 3-5 (sometimes close to 10!) years older than I am since I was 13, my Irish genes decided my downfall since puberty.

Well, I run. Almost every day for one hour, now and then at a competition, I'm still quite good, especially for my age. Everyone in my family has heart deseases and required hip replacements early on. I've had hip problems since my early 20s but it is fine when I run, so I do it. Weightlifting - I did it 15 years, but I can't bring myself to do it anymore. It is so boring.

Time goes by faster and faster for me, too, you try not to think about it, there is nothing to do against the fact that once you reach a certain age, you are no longer able to life in the moment, make new experiences all the time which makes time go by slower.

50 seems to be some breaking point, I got quite ill with severe depression (my father died a slow agonizing dead, my job was hell, my SO got Multiple Sclerosis and the whole "I'm 50, life is over" shit really got to me) and met alot of other depressed people during my 2 months stint at the hospital, almost all females around 50, it makes you think. With alot of professional help and some real fighting, I'm fine now, but that was something I could have done without.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information