Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Blake Lively Is Pregnant, Expecting Her First Child With Husband Ryan Reynolds

I knew a Michael Ann and Kevin (Elizabeth) growing up. It was funny when they were applying for college dorm housing because both got assigned to male roommates.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I know names change gender but I wonder what motivates a parent to name their girl something like Kevin? It's currently a male name and will have that assignment throughout the child's life, probably. It will only garner strange looks and strange dorm room assignments. So why pick it?

Is it that they just really, really love that name? Or they looked down into their little baby girl's face and thought, "by god, she's a Kevin!" I doubt it.

I bet they are motivated by the same narcissistic attention whoring that produces the Kaeteelyn's and Breeahnna's of the world.
    A*O and Bluebonnet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I know names change gender but I wonder what motivates a parent to name their girl something like Kevin? It's currently a male name and will have that assignment throughout the child's life, probably. It will only garner strange looks and strange dorm room assignments. So why pick it?

Is it that they just really, really love that name? Or they looked down into their little baby girl's face and thought, "by god, she's a Kevin!" I doubt it.

I bet they are motivated by the same narcissistic attention whoring that produces the Kaeteelyn's and Breeahnna's of the world.
    I worked witha Kevin that was named after her mom's twin brother that had died when he was a teenager in a car accident. I asked her once if she had ever thought about going by her middle name and she said no because her middle name was worse then Kevin but she refused to tell us what it was lol

I'm an Aidan, which though it's insanely popular now, I never met another Aidan growing up. I like boys name for girls, since Aidan is usually a boy's name I guess I grew up liking that lol. I've met Tylers who were girls, and I began to really like the name Tyler for a girl. Maybe it's my inner pageant mom, but I like that kinda thing. Not Kevin or Clarence or something though, just certain boys' names.

I would have loved a boy's name !
    I love Nicola for a girl (in France it's a boy's name), and I think James is also great for a girl. I'm disappointed with my parents' choice of a name for me
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I knew a guy named kim- not asian- it was a nightmare for him, always having to clarify his gender.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Kim and Bo are boy's names in Denmark and Andrea is a boy's name in Italy. I guess Blake is a boy's name too. Anyway, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are the blandest and most boring celebrity couple, and giving their daughter an unusual name (for a girl) is not going to change that.

I'm one of those weird ones that goes by their middle name. Was a pain in the arse growing up having to correct all the school teachers. My mother justified it that Jessica Paige sounded better than Paige Jessica. I guess I see where she's coming from.

Elite Member

Of course we have those actresses Christopher Norris & Michael Learned. I always wondered what their mothers were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Of course we have those actresses Christopher Norris & Michael Learned. I always wondered what their mothers were thinking.
    I really wanted a boy, damn it!
    mostroop and witchcurlgirl like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I worked with a Welsh guy called Ceri (pronounced Kerry) and was forever having to correct callers as to his gender.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I knew a Michael Ann and Kevin (Elizabeth) growing up. It was funny when they were applying for college dorm housing because both got assigned to male roommates.
    I knew a (female) Michael Ann, too!

I like boys' names for girls, but I mean... something like Kevin wouldn't have occurred to me (although Evan works, so why not?). I guess I like unisex names for girls.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

My cousin had a girl classmate named Mikey. She was an only child and her dad's name was Michael so...it was actually cute.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I knew a guy named kim- not asian- it was a nightmare for him, always having to clarify his gender.
    was

I knew one too - he was of scandinavian heritage. Didn't seem to be an issue for him or anybody else but I only knew him as an adult.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

We had a local reporter named Michael Ann in Detroit too. She was really pretty.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information