Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Bindi Irwin on losing her dad Steve Irwin: 'That kind of sadness never goes away'

My Dad died a couple weeks before Steve had his accident. I can't be it has been 7 years already, either. I was a lot older than she was, and it still hurts. I can't imagine losing a parent at such a young age. It isn't fair...but life never is.
    tulip and bootspaige like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Where did she say that? Her comments were thoughtful and mature for a girl her age.
    I just can't whip up a lot of sympathy for this family. Her dad died because he fucked with animals. The rest of her family is now riding on those coat tails. Seems like they didn't learn a whole lot to me. I don't find her comment thoughtful or mature - I find them self-serving, and exploitave. Nobody has to agree with me, but it's how I feel.
    Jazzy, effie2 and Kittylady like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My daughter was talking about this last night. August 5th will be 7 years since her father died and the pain still gets her at times. He has missed her graduation from high school, now graduation from college is coming. I am sure when she is ready to marry we will talk about it again. Sadly she has several friends who have also lost a parent and they are a great source of support for each other.
    <3
    bootspaige likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    My father died nine days before my sixth birthday. She's right on this: you never forget this kind of sadness. I'm 54 years old and I will never forget the day he died and the feeling of loss, as I still feel it today. No, it doesn't "hurt" like it did; time does heal some of those wounds. But you don't forget the times missed, the years we never had, and the hole in your life fabric. Never.
    My mother-in-law is 83 and her mom died when she was 8. She still talks about it as if it were yesterday, not just her mother's death, but what her mother was like, and how her life changed after she was gone. She isn't wallowing in emotions, but it was clearly one of the defining moments of her life. I'm sure there's a whole landscape insider her that I can only see glimpses of.

I sorta get what Mel is saying, because Steve Irwin was courting death. But his daughter still lost her dad. It hurts regardless.

Of course it hurts, losing a parent HURTS. Without a doubt. I just don't see why she needs to be on the cover of people rehashing it. It's NOT news to me. It feels more like a "hey look at me! remember when my daddy died? I'm STILL SAD! boohoohoo... oh yeah, I have a new show and I'm an ambassador for Sea World!"... you know?

ETA: and I LOATHE SeaWorld! Watch Black Fish!
    effie2, Jazzy, spinmonkey and 1 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah, I must say that I was SHOCKED that she was an ambassador for Sea World. That place needs to be shut down.
    Mel1973, Jazzy, spinmonkey and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My daughter was talking about this last night. August 5th will be 7 years since her father died and the pain still gets her at times. He has missed her graduation from high school, now graduation from college is coming. I am sure when she is ready to marry we will talk about it again. Sadly she has several friends who have also lost a parent and they are a great source of support for each other.

My Dad died July 19th, 2007. That was a bad summer all around. Sorry for you and your daughter's loss as well, Sluce.
    sluce likes this.

It seems clear that this kind of loss resonates with a lot of people, which is one reason they probably made the story pretty prominent. And she lost the guy in such a public way. At this age, she can better articulate what that loss means to her. And FOR FUCK'S SAKE, if we can have a bunch of miserable Kardashians and Giudices on the cover of People, and who having tortured humans for the past 5 years, we can fit an Irwin in there, too.

AND she brings hope to all the other little fugmuppets of the world. They too now realize they can grow into their looks.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I am sorry for all loosing a parent in their early years,i did too.But my main concern was looking after my ill mother and 2 younger brothers,working 2 jobs and being strong the only option.There are countless stories like mine,maybe worse ones.So,there my sympathies lay.Of course she lost a parent and of course it is hard.Just spare the world all that self promoting stuff.I agree with Mel totally.And none of us have a thing in common with her,she lives in a world we dont..simple.
    Jazzy and Mel1973 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Of course it hurts, losing a parent HURTS. Without a doubt. I just don't see why she needs to be on the cover of people rehashing it. It's NOT news to me. It feels more like a "hey look at me! remember when my daddy died? I'm STILL SAD! boohoohoo... oh yeah, I have a new show and I'm an ambassador for Sea World!"... you know?
    Haha, to sell the magazine, why else? It may very well be that someone involved in publishing this actually does care about her story (I work in publishing, most pub people are nice). There are more important stories out there. But those aren't People magazine's stories, and they just don't happen to = $$$, either.

The public is going to want a piece of this kid, and it's up to someone in her life to say no if they're able. :\ Maybe the family's justification has to do with stuff like carrying on Steve's legacy and/or helping young people who've lost a parent feel less alone. And maybe there's something to that. Can't say, I'm not them. I still feel bad for her since it sucks to lose a parent so young.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    It feels more like a "hey look at me! remember when my daddy died? I'm STILL SAD! boohoohoo...

This thread was making me tear up until this, thank you Mel I really needed it.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

AND she brings hope to all the other little fugmuppets of the world. They too now realize they can grow into their looks.
    Even Noah Cyrus?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Even Noah Cyrus?
    No, not a snowballs chance in hell.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It seems clear that this kind of loss resonates with a lot of people, which is one reason they probably made the story pretty prominent. And she lost the guy in such a public way. At this age, she can better articulate what that loss means to her. And FOR FUCK'S SAKE, if we can have a bunch of miserable Kardashians and Giudices on the cover of People, and who having tortured humans for the past 5 years, we can fit an Irwin in there, too.
    Crikey!!!! Mo threw an f bomb!
    Kittylady and SHELLEE like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information