Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bindi Irwin: Hopefully I'll be President or Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Her mother could at least lower those pigtails - Come on!
    Maybe thats whats wrong with the kid. Her pigtails are too tight.
    Jack I swear.

Zee

I thought that Bindi and Terri were voted in the top ten for the most trusted Australians. Maybe they borrowed Tom Cruise's computers to vote for themselves.

Little kids need to play with little kids to make a well rounded adult.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    She was born in Australia (with a birdseye view of Terri's hoohah thanks to Steve's camcorder) so she can't be president of the USA. I bet you are all heartbroken.
    I think that Terri is American though and if one parent is then the kid is automatically a citizen no matter where they are born. I may be wrong about it. Maybe someone else knows. I wish they'd quit pimping this girl out and let her be a kid for awhile. Terri must have read the Lynn Spears book of "Mothering". Weird that you never see the boy at all - wonder why he's not in on the action?
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Well, she wouldn't be any worse than the President we have now.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    I think that Terri is American though and if one parent is then the kid is automatically a citizen no matter where they are born. I may be wrong about it. Maybe someone else knows. I wish they'd quit pimping this girl out and let her be a kid for awhile. Terri must have read the Lynn Spears book of "Mothering". Weird that you never see the boy at all - wonder why he's not in on the action?
    I have some mixed friends and this is what I heard from them (but this is Canada so I don't know if it's the same in the US). You have til like 18 or 19 or that by 18-19 you have to choose your primary country of residence/citizenship. Regardless though of citizenship, don't you have to be born in the US to be eligible for Presidency?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    I think that Terri is American though and if one parent is then the kid is automatically a citizen no matter where they are born. I may be wrong about it. Maybe someone else knows.
    I think that Bindi is in fact an American citizen, but she isn't automatically one just by virtue of the fact that Teri is one.

The general law that would probably apply here since Bindi had one parent that was a U.S. citizen is that Teri had to be a U.S. citizen at the time of Bindi's birth, and she had to have lived at least 5 years in the United States before Bindi's birth, and at least 2 of these 5 years in the United States were after the Teri's 14th birthday.

As far as Bindi being President, it would depend on if they consider her a citizen by birth or by law. Even though she is born of a U.S. citizen, she was born on foreign soil. You could make the argument that she is a citizen by law, and therefore not a natural-born U.S. citizen. Interestingly, U.S. state department policy says that children born on U.S. military installations abroad are not part of the United States and are citizens by law, not by birth.

To fully go off the rails, there's a lot of debate as to whether or not John McCain is a natural-born citizen of the U.S. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone. They are giving him a pass, because the Panama Canal Zone was a U.S. territory at that time, but still, it feels a little hinky.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thanks Lauren and Moomies for setting it straight. I just remembered hearing something about being born to a US citizen from civics class but that was in back in the day when there was a head shop on every corner so I don't remember details very good and prior to the other brain damager - parenting teenagers. Interesting point about McCain that you raised Laurent. I never heard that before.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

A*O

I think Arnold Schwartzenegger is a naturalised US citizen (?) and he can't be President because he wasn't born there. If Bindi is a US citizen then she (and Terri for that matter) can just STFU with all the fair dinkum ocker Aussie croikey crap they spew for the cameras.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

... dead yet?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think Arnold Schwartzenegger is a naturalised US citizen (?) and he can't be President because he wasn't born there.
    Right, he was born in Austria and is a naturalized U.S. citizen, and therefore cannot be U.S. President, much to his Republican dismay.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

A*O

I'd be interested to know what passport Bindi has. I know Americans can't have dual nationality/passports and I know there are rules about whether Aussies can or not.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A friends grandson was born in Canada & she told me he is not, can't be a US citizen which kinda bummed her. His father is a US citizen living in Canada with his Canadian wife. She said had he been born in the US he could be a citizen of both. The father has been living in Canada maybe 3 years now if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... dead yet?
    Lol, Grimm!! That's evil, she's only a kid.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    A friends grandson was born in Canada & she told me he is not, can't be a US citizen which kinda bummed her. His father is a US citizen living in Canada with his Canadian wife. She said had he been born in the US he could be a citizen of both. The father has been living in Canada maybe 3 years now if that.

Canada allows dual citizenship, my friend has both Canadian and American citizenships. But I'm not sure which country she was born in... But she's back and forth living in either country.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I think Arnold Schwartzenegger is a naturalised US citizen (?) and he can't be President because he wasn't born there. If Bindi is a US citizen then she (and Terri for that matter) can just STFU with all the fair dinkum ocker Aussie croikey crap they spew for the cameras.
    I always wondered why saying crikey and fair dinkum would get everyone so hot. Does nothing for me personally, so why they insist on sounding like half witted, red necked, beer swilling, ute driving yobbos is beyond me. God they shit me those two. Eager eager eager, bouncing and leaping and spouting off about being goddam president. Its just so false and pretentious.
    Jack I swear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information