Page 2818 of 2843 FirstFirst ... 181823182718276828082814281528162817281828192820282128222828 ... LastLast
Results 42,256 to 42,270 of 42640
Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PecanPie View Post
    Unless she was out sticking her head in the Falls, I fail to see what the Western NY weather had to do with her supposedly losing her voice. Girlfriend probably got off the plane in Buffalo, hopped into a town car, and went straight to the hotel. If she is crediting Eddie, as the article notes, my money is on them having a screaming, wreck your vocal cords fight. Which is a much more logical explanation. But in her mind, probably better to semi-insult the place you're playing as the cause of your woes.
    Even if she had been out in the weather all day, and truly had affected vocal cords, it's still just part of her not giving a shit.

She has many times in the past done things the day of, or weekend of show, that have supposedly gotten her sick, or put her in a position to be unable to get to her show due to weather or weird travel plans, etc., and had to cancel. She's pretty nonchalant and unapologetic about ensuring the conditions are right to make sure she can give the show the fans and venue paid for. It's like, it doesn't at all occur to her to do what it takes to actually be prepared, in good health and show up. If something she prioritizes over the show ends up making her miss the show, oh well, that's just how it turns out...is basically her attitude.

Omg it snowed around here on Monday.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

In her mind, keeping Eddie available is the only thing that matters and the impression is that she is utterly bored with her career but needs it for the cash.
    Last edited by rollo; January 11th, 2015 at 06:41 AM.
    JWL likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Here's your answer emkat:

LeAnn Rimes Cibrian (@leannrimes) tweeted at 9:14am - 10 Jan 15:
    Bus, band, crew, gear all stuck Roads have been closed we're unable to get to WV Working on a date to reschedule Sorry everyone 👎#badweather

Must. Get. Home. To. Check. On. Husband wandering peen.
    Which roads are supposedly closed? Ones in WV or Buffalo (or wherever she is)?

If it's where she is, then how can she get home? I am sure we'll see her papped in the airport

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    Omg it snowed around here on Monday.
    Are you trying to say that L is not telling the truth????

Elite Member

Here's something odd, if I go to L's twitter page, I am blocked, however if I do a twitter search & just bring up her name I can read her posts. I really don't understand Twitter.

Anyway, here is a discussion regarding L's cancelling her show today. I have a few questions, don't they sometime fly equipment? How did they get the items to Europe, if not by plane? Honest questions, no snark.

She could have paid for her band to fly, hell rent some equipment in the city they were going to, play an acoustic show. They had a driver for the bus her band was in. Her fantards are there to listen to her yodel her hits from 15 years ago. Too much work and cost for her. She's lazy and wanted to get home to Ed.
    Kittylady likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Here's something odd, if I go to L's twitter page, I am blocked, however if I do a twitter search & just bring up her name I can read her posts. I really don't understand Twitter.

Anyway, here is a discussion regarding L's cancelling her show today. I have a few questions, don't they sometime fly equipment? How did they get the items to Europe, if not by plane? Honest questions, no snark.
    I look at a few celeb accounts just by the search. I think a lot of people do, but especially those who don't actually use Twitter.

I'm sure she'd get more the benefit of the doubt if it at all looked like she tried, and, well, of course...if this wasn't par for the course for her. I guess she heard last night a road was closed (there were alternate routes), pulled show from website last night and was at airport first thing this morning. No waiting to see if anything changed, and I guess no attempt to use today to get there. Seems like lots of things could have happened to make sure the paying customers got their show, it would have taken just a bit of an effort. Like all the stuff Annie mentions. Instead, she looks like she just bailed as soon as she saw the opportunity. I mean, she didn't even keep continuity and use the laryngitis excuse...

So exhausting! Eddie switched on the fire and bought in some sushi. Bikini pic!
    Kittylady, Jazzy, PecanPie and 1 others like this.

Oh please. It's her fucking track record that's causing all the shade to be thrown at her for this.

Even if she's 100 percent telling the truth this time and couldn't get there, why would anyone believe her since she pulls this shit all.the.time?

Even if I saw the bitch puking her guts out on live TV, I'd be rolling my eyes and saying 'hmm hmmm, yeah right.'

The boy can only cry wolf so many times before people stop believing.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post

Alas, it was a bit too good to be true. Just six songs into her set, barely 30 minutes into the show, Rimes complained of laryngitis, a condition she blamed equally on the Western New York weather and her husband Eddie. [Tha fuck?]

Don't you see? She got laryngitis because she and Eddie are soooooo much in love and, like, totally uber sexy with each other that they spend every free second tonguing each others tonsils and THAT's how she got sick.

By the way LeAnn needs to start checking out illnesses a little more carefully before claiming to have them or exaggerating things into something bigger. Laryngitis can last for up to a week or sometimes even longer so there is no way she can have it so bad that she can't perform properly one night and be fine to perform at another gig so soon afterwards. I guess it was just lucky for her throat that the weather could be blamed for the next show being cancelled....
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    By the way LeAnn needs to start checking out illnesses a little more carefully before claiming to have them or exaggerating things into something bigger. Laryngitis can last for up to a week or sometimes even longer so there is no way she can have it so bad that she can't perform properly one night and be fine to perform at another gig so soon afterwards. I guess it was just lucky for her throat that the weather could be blamed for the next show being cancelled....
    I live in SoCal and we've had some serious crazy changing weather temps lately. One days its 53 and the next it was 92 (this happened a week ago) and like clockwork with the temp change my voice disappears but for like a few hours/half a day at most. I wonder if Wewe has the similar problem and just like a Wewe hangnail which in here eyes =MRSA she is always over exaggerating her illnesses to get out of undesirable work commitments. It just sounds more dramatic to tell everyone she's SO SICK. She is just fucking lazy and insecure about leaving Ed alone for the weekend. It was also Golden Globes last night and we know neither Wewe or Ed get invited to big hollywood parties so she needed to have an excuse when her twitter fans ask if she was attending.
    rollo likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I live in Buffalo so I can say that the weather here has been really crappy. Dropping snow like buckets. Still, I did manage to make it somewhere I needed to be. Buffalo in winter is hell.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

If she truly has laryngitis she probably got it from screaming at Eddie.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I live in SoCal and we've had some serious crazy changing weather temps lately. One days its 53 and the next it was 92 (this happened a week ago) .
    Yeah, this happens in Iowa all the time. Voice is fine.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Did Barrell write this drivel??

LeAnn Rimes and Why We Love to Hate On Her

Jan 12, 2015

Courtesy of broadwayworld.com

LeAnn Rimes
    quickly became a household name and country music success story when, at the age of 13 her first album Blue, became a huge hit. The “little girl,” with the huge three-octave voice, is arguably one of country music’s biggest success stories. Her list of musical accomplishments rivals that of any country music legend. Rimes paved the way for younger country music stars to step into the spotlight. With 11 studio albums, and multiple hit songs under her belt, Rimes has been working hard during her career that spans almost two decades. With no sign of slowing down, Rimes is still one of country music’s most sought-after acts.

Albums, movies, books, television, and philanthropy the 32 year old has done more in her career than most other artists who started out at such a young age. Growing up can be tough. Teenage years are when we do the most growth. Try growing up as a teenager in the entertainment industry. Remember all the mistakes you made as a 15 year old? Try making those same mistakes as a 15 year old with platinum selling albums. With great success, comes a ton of negative backlash. With the recent release of her Christmas album, One Christmas: Chapter 1 I have noticed a trend with Rimes. As I read reviews of her recent album, comment after comment, people were making the most horrible remarks about her, and her music. Since day one, Rimes has constantly been the subject of negative musical and tabloid conversation. So why do we choose to hate on Rimes?

It has been highly publicized that Bill Mack originally penned Rimes’ first hit, “Blue” for the legendary Patsy Cline. Rimes has stated since day one that Cline is a huge influence in her vocal styling and musical passion. With Rimes recording “Blue,” as well as handfuls of Cline’s biggest hits, fans of Cline’s constantly harp on Rimes for trying to be “the next Patsy.” Rimes has done nothing short of pay respect to the legend and her music. Musically Rimes manages to grow, and yet still preserve her roots of country music. This must make Rimes a simple talentless copycat who can’t come up with her own material and has to steal songs from our beloved country legends.

Rimes’ original recording contract is often referred to as the “worst contract in country music.” At the age of 13, her parents signed with Curb records on her behalf. Ill-advised by managers and her father, she was bound into a lengthy contract that demanded countless albums from her. In November 2000, five years into her original contract with some professional and personal growth, Rimes wanted to revise her contract. She set out a legal battle to ensure a fair and favorable outcome. In 2001, the battle ended with a new contract between Rimes and Asylum-Curb Records. This must make Rimes an ungrateful and demanding diva who always has to get what she wants.

After an accounting investigation initiated by Rimes’ mother, it was discovered that her former manager Lyle Walker and her father Wilbur Rimes had taken advantage of Rimes’ fortune to the tune of over seven million dollars. In May 2000, Rimes started a legal battle with her father to properly acquire the funds that were rightfully hers. It did not take long before the headlines and tabloids were getting out of control with negativity. The legal battles settled in 2002 with an undisclosed amount, and an eventual reconciliation with her father. However this must make Rimes a greedy brat who does not respect her parents and has no sense of family or loyalty.

An avid athlete and runner, Rimes has graced the cover of Shape magazine and other fitness magazines over the span of her career. Rimes always has expressed her enjoyment for eatinghealthy and working out. Often taunted by media about her “baby fat” in her younger years, Rimes has turned to fitness and continues to maintain an excellent and healthy figure. Rimes’ attributes her physical fitness to her overall physical and mental well-being. Frequently “flaunting” her well-earned body on social media, magazines, and fitness events must mean Rimes has multiple eating disorders and is a narcissistic, self-absorbed artist. She is probably skinny from all the drugs and alcohol she consumes, too.

Rimes married dancer, Dean Sheremet at the young age of 20. After a seven year marriage it came to an end when Rimes had met actor Eddie Cibrian during the filming of Northern Lights, a made-for-TV movie that Rimes and Cibrian worked on together. Cibrian and Rimes quickly ended their existing marriages in the Summer of 2009. Despite huge amounts of negative publicity, ugly headlines, and tabloid scandals the two continued to date and were eventually married in April 2011 at a private ceremony. Rimes has since stated, “I take responsibility for everything I’ve done. I hate that people got hurt, but I don’t regret the outcome.” A humble reply by any standards, but Rimes is the first person in the entertainment industry to get a divorce and remarry the person she left her husband for. For this we must not let her have any success ever again.

The youngest artist to win a Grammy, multiple platinum selling albums, philanthropic acts of kindness, supporting LGBT rights and human rights, and countless generous acts, Rimes has never said “No” to a good cause. No matter what Rimes does, we cannot stop ourselves from throwing proverbial stones at her. Again, I ask the question of “why?” Since day one, Rimes has had such a humble and personable demeanor. Rimes has managed to stay professional her whole career. Shying away from an industry constantly fueled by drugs and alcohol, Rimes has stayed clean, and been a great role model for young artists. One of Country Music’s most remarkable musical talents, Rimes has consistently put out great music, album after album, year after year.
    Are we that jealous of her long term success that we secretly want to destroy it by constantly running lies about her in the headlines? Do we really need to be burning her CDs and boycotting album releases because she got a divorce? Should we make her feel guilty because she works hard to have what we consider a “great” body by our unattainable standards in media? The answer is no. Rimes is no different from countless others in the world. She has an amazing vocal gift and that should be the end of it. Should Rimes release and album of 30-second songs that sound like farm animals, I would probably give that album a negative review, but that does not mean we should obsess about her personal choices and set her career out to sea. At 32, Rimes has a long and lengthy career ahead of her still. I look forward to many more albums, tours, and musical ventures from Rimes for years to come.
    Unless her tour stops in Podunk WV - she won't show!

Dutch Bickell
    Canadian music journalist Dutch Bickell dives deep into country music as often as he can.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Thread Information