Page 2763 of 2843 FirstFirst ... 1763226326632713275327592760276127622763276427652766276727732813 ... LastLast
Results 41,431 to 41,445 of 42640
Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

I saw her singing on the Today Show this morning but didn't bother to turn off the blow dryer so I could actually hear her. I figured the noise was the same. Plus it was more fun to see her twisted facial expressions without hearing her voice.
    Zooyork likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Well now everyone who has gotten a candle from Leann knows it was a regift. LOL

LeAnn Rimes shares favorite Christmas present, weighs in on modern country music and coming to Bethlehem

LeAnn Rimes says she is, for the most part, not a re-gifter. She is just very particular about the smell of candles.

"I have a ton of candles. I'm a big candle person. If I'm not crazy about the scent, I will re-gift that," Rimes admits during a recent phone interview.

The 32-year-old country-pop singer in October released "One Christmas: Chapter 1," the first of three planned holiday-themed EPs. The album finds Rimes covering standards ("Silent Night Holy Night," "Blue Christmas") and more obscure fare, such as "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" and "Hard Candy Christmas."

The six songs that round out "One Christmas" are likely to make their way into Rimes' set Sunday at the Sands Bethlehem Event Center in Bethlehem.

"I'll have to throw in 'O Little Town of Bethlehem' that night," Rimes says. "It's a full show of holiday music ... It's a beautiful show. I'm really proud of it."

Rimes says she wanted to put her own twist on those and other seasonal favorites but still be faithful to the spirit of the original recordings.

The three EP releases will culminate in 2016 with a full compilation album. Rimes says the music on the next installment will have a "dirty South kind of vibe" to it and will run the gamut of emotions, from playful and fun to sad.

"For selfish reasons, I wanted to split it up and make it Christmas all year long," Rimes says. "It's fun to do these project by project."

Sounds of the season

The Jackson, Mississippi, native's first foray into the holiday music genre happened a decade ago when Rimes recorded the album "What a Wonderful World." On the album, Rimes tackled Christmas jukebox staples "White Christmas," "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "All I Want for Christmas Is You," among others.

Rimes says she has grown up quite a bit in the 10 years since the album's release. "I was 22. I was super young. I thought 22 was super old back then," Rimes says, chuckling.

Recording and spreading out three Christmas recordings over three years may seem like a daunting task. For Rimes, the process has been positive. She makes sure to surround herself with the holiday spirit by decorating the recording studio.

"It's been a good thing for me," Rimes says. "I haven't really been going, 'Oh god, why did I decide to do this?' I love the holidays."

Personal touch

When it comes to buying gifts for family and friends, Rimes says she enjoys adding a personal touch and keeps notes on potential gifts throughout the year. Most of her shopping, Rimes says, is done online while on the tour bus. "I was very organized this year," Rimes says.

Rimes says the best gift she received was discovering a handwritten love letter from her husband, taped to the bathroom mirror. Rimes is married to actor Eddie Cibrian.

"It puts so much perspective into what a gift that (relationship) is and I get to have it every day," Rimes says. "I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true."

Rimes, who at age 13 first garnered attention with the release of her multiplatium-selling debut album "Blue," says it is easier now to become a celebrity. She says the Internet has given aspiring singers and musicians more platforms to have their voices heard -- though she admits there are frustrations that come with having to keep up with changing technology and ways to market music.

"It's a double-edged sword. It's positive for young artists to have an instant outlet to gain fans," Rimes says. "With streaming, it has become harder for us as artists to make money. You have to be multifaceted. (For me), music is my first priority."

Country shift

Rimes says country music has shifted its focus in terms of lyrical content and songwriting since her breakthrough in 1996. Rimes, who counts Merle Haggard and Patsy Cline among her inspirations, does not hold back when sharing her thoughts on modern country music.

"Nineties country started going pop, but it still had a soul to it. It still had a heartbeat," Rimes says. "Miranda Lambert is really the only one I can sink my teeth into ... To me, what country music was founded on was heart and soul and great stories and I feel it's missing."

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/musi...ann_rimes.html
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Her hand movements are more irritating than her scrunched up, pain-filled face. I watched up to the 1:41 mark, and did some deep breathing for her. Is she holding her breath while she sings?
    Zooyork likes this.

Gold Member

If she's doing her Christmas shopping on her tour bus (she has a tour bus??) that's some short list of people getting gifts, considering what a micro tour that is. Some people actually Chrustmas shop for more days than she'll be yodelling.

Silver Member

She has to be the most awkward, uncomfortable looking, over wrought singer when she performs. And if her sweet sweet dramatic hand gestures don't get ya, her nostrils and huge mouth should win you over.
    CommonTaleOfWoe and Zooyork like this.
    "Do you know the best thing about banging your head against the wall? It feels so good when you finally stop." --Dad

I get up early and almost always catch the Today show, so I saw her performance. To my untrained ears she sounded pretty good. Definitely not terrible. She could have enunciated a bit better, but I understood all the lyrics. She sang Blue Christmas.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I get up early and almost always catch the Today show, so I saw her performance. To my untrained ears she sounded pretty good. Definitely not terrible. She could have enunciated a bit better, but I understood all the lyrics. She sang Blue Christmas.
    I watched the Today show clip on YouTube- and laughed when Savannah Guthrie gave Wewe's intro about how she won grammies at such a young age and 20 years later she's still topping the charts! Lol- huh? She's topping the crazy chart but not billboard. Does she actually write this crap?
    RealisticPerson and Trixie like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

^Yeah, that made me lol.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Recording and spreading out three Christmas recordings over three years may seem like a daunting task. For Rimes, the process has been positive.
    Daunting? Six songs a year over 3 years is a side project or a fun hobby for other singers. She could record that many songs (all covers) in a week. She is such a lazy work-shy cow.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Daunting? Six songs a year over 3 years is a side project or a fun hobby for other singers. She could record that many songs (all covers) in a week. She is such a lazy work-shy cow.
    People are already saying that it's a rip off. On Amazon UK it will cost you £8.47 which is $13.26 (USA), $15.67 (Australia) or $15.10 (Canada). All for six songs that can be bought individually for a whopping 89p each.

This was flagged up as one of the most helpful reviews on there.

I am a huge fan of Leann and was thrilled to see she had released another Christmas album. I was disappointed to find when it arrived that it contained only 6 songs. For the price that was being charged I expected a full album. I didn't even listen to it and instead returned it for a refund. I don't know how Leann can justify ripping her fans off like this.
    sluce, llamamama, rollo and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Her mouth reminds me of a Muppet. You know, where the whole head is involved. And she sounds like the Swedish chef. You do have to hand it to her, though. None of her projects amount to anything thing, but they do give her a reason to be interviewed and to have her name and face constantly shown. She's been a has been for years, but she's always out there spouting her bs and being seen.

A new CD is $6.39 with used ones being sold for $3.99-$4.49 and the reviews are still bad.

20 of 23 people found the following review helpful
    3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed...., October 28, 2014
    By
    Jonell Niles - See all my reviews
    This review is from: One Christmas:Chapter One (Audio CD)
    It's OK. I wasn't blown away by this CD even though I typically enjoy Leann Rimes' music. Her version of Silent Night is so full of runs I just didn't appreciate it all that much....just a little disappointed
    Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
    3.0 out of 5 stars LeAnn Rimes - One Christmas: Chapter 1 EP review, November 6, 2014
    By
    Ricky Flores "Enrique Manuel Flores III" (Fairborn, Ohio) - See all my reviews
    I been meaning to review this but I somehow forgot about it so here is the review finally.
    It isn't a bad EP I just wasn't impressed with it. I loved Rimes' rendition of "Silent Night" and "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" is okay but Rimes' rendition of "Blue Christmas" was just awful, I was not impressed with her version of this classic song. The remaining three tracks were okay, just didn't really have an impression on me. But that's just me.

I give this EP three out of five stars.

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

19 of 25 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Depressed Christmas, October 28, 2014
    By
    Written By (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
    As a lover of Christmas music of all kinds, even I would prefer a silent night rather than listen to this morose collection of downer Christmas tunes.

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Talent, November 19, 2014
    By
    PoodleMommy - See all my reviews
    I love Christmas songs but I'm sorry to say this is one of my least favorite Christmas albums. A few years ago Leann put out a wonderful collection of holiday songs so I was expecting this would be a great sequel to that album. Unfortunately this album one is a big disappointment. First of all there is only 6 songs so I don't even know if it counts as an album and since she already sang the real classics we're left with the less memorable tunes. Also I can't understand why Leann tries to hit so many high notes. She's not Mariah Carey and I wish she'd just go back to singing like she did 20 years ago.

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, November 19, 2014
    By
    tribble angel - See all my reviews
    One star because I liked one song (Carol of the Bells). She selected some depressing songs and then sang them in a depressing manner, especially Blue Christmas (Elvis is much better) and Hard Candy Christmas (Dolly Parton is much better). I don't know what she did to Silent Night, but it is not good. Really don't like the raunchy sound on the Hippo song. Pretty voice wasted on this one.

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Leann is better than this album!, November 30, 2014
    By
    Annie V. (Georgia) - See all my reviews

Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    This is the worst album I have ever had to listen to. In my opinion, Leann ruins every song, especially Silent Night. What was she thinking when she recorded this one??

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
    2.0 out of 5 stars Strange, November 21, 2014
    By
    MRod "Hoosier Music Man" (Indiana via Virginia) - See all my reviews
    I am not 100% sure this is really Leann Rimes. Doesn't sound like her to me. Arrangements and selections are interesting to say the least. An after thought maybe. Definitely never heard a Christmas song about a Hippo though. That's new. Just a strange release.

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

10 of 17 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 30, 2014
    By
    krista - See all my reviews

Just plain and simply awful what a disappointment

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

11 of 21 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars Waste, October 29, 2014
    By
    Amy Tuori - See all my reviews

What a mess! She ruined classic Christmas songs with her yodeling & mush mouth. What a waste of money

Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment (1)

Zooyork likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    For those who missed it. Critique away.

*ding doggie door ding doggie door*

She has a lovely voice, but between the manic gesticulation and the hideous Miss-Piggy-having-an-orgasm expressions, it's unwatchable. And although I am admittedly completely unfamiliar with the 'Hippopotamus' song, so it might not just be her interpretation... that thing is just fucking horrible. Like, useable-for-driving-out-holed-up-criminals-and-deposed-dictators horrible...

I watched the first 5 seconds and all I saw was nostrils.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    People are already saying that it's a rip off. On Amazon UK it will cost you £8.47 which is $13.26 (USA), $15.67 (Australia) or $15.10 (Canada). All for six songs that can be bought individually for a whopping 89p each.

This was flagged up as one of the most helpful reviews on there.

I am a huge fan of Leann and was thrilled to see she had released another Christmas album. I was disappointed to find when it arrived that it contained only 6 songs. For the price that was being charged I expected a full album. I didn't even listen to it and instead returned it for a refund. I don't know how Leann can justify ripping her fans off like this.
    Why am I shocked that there are 6 songs? I know how lazy she is and yet this still shocks me!!

Thread Information