Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Her pictures are so posed & contrived. Look at me, y'all. I'm so cute and fun. Just not genuine at all.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Bronze Member

Oh, I do so hope that this sartorial gem lovingly made from Wilbur's discarded snot-rags will be featured on her brilliantly-curated web store:

RealisticPerson and Zooyork like this.
    Drive-by poster

Bronze Member

^ dirty feet

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

The Most Promising Christmas Albums of the Year (Yes, It's Okay to Start Listening Now) - Mic

The Most Promising Christmas Albums of the Year (Yes, It's Okay to Start Listening Now)

By Natalie Morin 17 hours ago

Good news: This week, something meteorologists are casually referring to as an "arctic blast" will make your mid-November feel like a balmy mid-January. Two-thirds of the country will suffer; Minneapolis should have 10 inches of snow by Tuesday. The polar vortex, whether we should call it that or not, is upon us once again.
    But something else is upon us too. Whether you're ready or not, radio stations are busting out 24-hour Christmas music, Starbucks has released the red cups and tons of artists are releasing their Christmas albums. For those curmudgeons who only believe that holiday music should wait until after Thanksgiving, think again. The most successful Christmas albums are released weeks and months before the holidays, meaning that people may gripe about the timing in public, but in private, Christmas season starts as early as October for most of us. It's time to admit this publicly.
    It's going to be a good year for Christmas music, though. Here are the big albums that — good and bad — signal the start of the 2014 Christmas season.
    1. 'Holiday Wishes' by Idina Menzel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=NAh_n7jMfCo

Idina Menzel has long been a Broadway darling, but it took Disney's smash hit Frozen to launch her to the stratosphere. "Let It Go" notched her an Oscar for Best Original Song and led the Frozen soundtrack to dominate the charts for the end of 2013 and a lot of 2014.
    She's capitalizing on that fame as only Elsa can: with a blockbuster Christmas album released months before Christmas. The early reviews are (relatively) positive. "As bright, shiny and brimming with simulated cheer as you’d expect — a perfect totem of the season," writes Vanity Fair.
    So if you're upset that it came out mid-October, let it go.

2. 'Sings Christmas Carols' by Mark Kozelek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=3mTUK61ZwBE

Released on Monday, Mark Kozelek's Sings Christmas Carols has finally proven that he is Charlie Brown in indie rock form.
    Of course, Charlie Brown probably wouldn't write a song telling the war on drugs to "suck my cock," but everybody celebrates Christmas differently. If you like celebrating Christmas with downtempo folk music, Kozelek is your man.

3. 'One Christmas: Chapter 1' by LeAnn Rimes

Grammy-winning country-pop singer LeAnn Rimes knows a good thing when she finds it. A decade ago, she found her thing with What a Wonderful World, a country-tinged Christmas record. That record's success is, arguably, why she'll be releasing the Christmas trilogy over the next three years that at least some people have probably been waiting a decade to hear.
    Rimes' holiday album has been out digitally since Oct. 28, but her slightly cocked eyebrow on the album cover is basically daring you to pretend you didn't want it.

4. 'That's Christmas to Me' by Pentatonix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gnAmQvkQ-gE

Pre-Thanksgiving holiday music may be debatable, but one trend isn't: a capella.
    Following the success of their 2012 Christmas album, PTXmas, the season 3 winners of The Sing-Off released their second holiday album on Oct. 17. Hopefully this one will meet their high bar: The PTXmas EP sold 168,000 copies and was the sixth highest-selling Christmas album of 2013. Those who prefer instruments can aca-scuse themselves.

5. 'Christmas at Downton Abbey'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vwd1qqDjCRg

The 45-track album, featuring carols and festive versions of Downton Abbey's theme song, droped Monday.
    According to composer John Lunn, the music transports the listener to a snowy, secret location (last year's Christmas special took place in London). For those wishing they were tending a fire in an estate filled with secrets and freshly hunted duck, this is the holiday soundtrack for you.

6. 'Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas' by Michael W. Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=G3OOMGePib8

Country music fans, rejoice: Country acts swapped their cowboy hats for knit caps (in September) for Michael W. Smith's Christmas album.
    According to Smith, the album is a little different than one would expect for the singer.
    "Sonically you're hearing me in a way that you've probably never heard me before," he said. "At one point it's like Smitty meets Bublé. There's my granddaughter's voice singing the song from Home Alone, plus the whole orchestral and symphonic feeling of Christmas, mixed together with all these amazing voices and guests."
    It just goes to show that the holidays bring out something a little special in everyone.

7. 'At Christmas' by Sara Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=KZq1mO-4tYw

The country star is releasing her first holiday album in her 20-year career on Nov. 17 (though she recorded "I'll Be Home For Christmas" a few years ago), and she promises that it will be brimming with sentimentality.
    "The first song I sang was 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,' and I kept getting choked up," she told Rolling Stone Country. "And I kept thinking, a Christmas album is very special because it's timeless. I want this album to be special."

8. 'Holiday' by Earth, Wind & Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vvlzBZJgUFg

The funk/soul group released their first holiday album in October, and it is... striking.
    Of course, the 13-track album includes classics such as "Joy to the World" and "Jingle Bell Rock," but the band stays true to the Earth, Wind & Fire style.
    They even "round out" the album with holiday-ified versions of two of the band's well-known songs: "Happy Seasons" (the 1975 album track "Happy Feelin'") and "December" (1978's "September").

9. 'Holiday for Swing!' by Seth McFarlane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=c0m2QE9WDkc

The Family Guy funnyman recorded this album during the holidays last year. It's yet another reminder that Seth McFarlane is as good at being a singer circa 1950 as he is scripting raunchy cartoons.

Notably, the album features Christmas mainstays such as Sara Bareilles and Norah Jones. It's going to be a good season.

The Most Promising Christmas Albums of the Year (Yes, It's Okay to Start Listening Now) - Mic

I kind of want that Earth, Wind and Fire Christmas album.

By going to visit Wilbur, is she hoping to get a Season 2 of LeAnn and Ediot? Because she only visits Wilbur if she wants something. Maybe she's hitting him up for a loan.
    WeWeLies and rollo like this.

Or asking him to manage her again.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I love Pentatonix!! I was going to post their version of Carol of the Bells.
    Annika likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Or asking him to manage her again.
    But probably only if he drops Rachel Holder or gives her first refusal on any songs slated for Rachel.
    WeWeLies and mostroop like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

This is painful to admit but that "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" song is actually done quite well, with the funk flavor and the difficult cadence she throws around. I hate to admit it but this might be her comeback.
    Last edited by Clubber Lang; November 11th, 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: can't spelll
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I love Pentatonix!! I was going to post their version of Carol of the Bells.
    I checked their version out on youtube and I understood them when they sang it. Leanna sooo should have taken singing lessons, not think she's too good for that. Had she practiced, I'm sure we'd at least understand her.
    llamamama and RealisticPerson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    This is painful to admit but that "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" song is actually done quite well, with the funk flavor and the difficult cadence she throws around. I hate to admit it but this might be her comeback.
    It can either help or hurt to release at Christmas. People may buy them as stocking stuffers (although sales are mostly via download these days and you can't wrap that) - OR - people may be busy spending all their money on presents and not see purchasing her album as that high on their list of things to buy. I gave it a listen and I thought it was too long. I forwarded through 3 times. I do not know how long the original is so it may just be the song

Elite Member

For Leanne, any type of a hit will be a good one. Xmas album's are always the hail Mary move for has-beens.
    RealisticPerson likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Has anyone ever made a comeback with a Christmas album? It's just a novelty - here today, gone tomorrow.
    faithanne likes this.

Thread Information