Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

So, there was so little to say about her Christmas album that she resorts to Hippopotamus facts and a spoken listing of some of her favorite songs that are on the album. Wow, thanks for the info Leann. Are we absolutely sure we know this is a CHRISTMAS album because I wasn't sure I caught that. I took a measly radio and tv class in high school and am pretty sure I could have written a better promo. I can't believe this passed and is aired
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I'm surprised she hasn't tweeted about what an honor it is to serve as an inspiration to this contestant...
    Lol - totally. Im guessing the timing of his rendition is probably the reason she hasn't said a word about it. For once I'm giving her a pass for being cunty. She can't exactly praise him so peeps run out and download his song when she's desperate to get buyers for her album. She's also competing with Taylor Swift who has sold I think 1 million albums this week. God how long has it been since she sold 1 million albums? I saw a tweet from Barrell that he's filled with goosebumps with all the creative projects he has in store with Wewe in 2015/2016. Why can't he find some creativity NOW and save her damn career?
    RealisticPerson likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Wonder how sales are going for the Christmas album?
    RealisticPerson and Sunnygirl like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

i don't get the comparisons to taylor swift. their targets are entirely different. doesn't taylor target young girls/women? i doubt that the tweens go for leann. 'borrowed' wasn't part of the score for the lego movie ....

The only similarities I see with Taylor Swift are they both started as young country artists, and then attempted to transform into pop princesses. I don't see them as contemporaries, more like Taylor's attempt is working out like LeAnn wanted hers to go 10+ years ago.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't get the comparisons to taylor swift. their targets are entirely different. doesn't taylor target young girls/women? i doubt that the tweens go for leann. 'borrowed' wasn't part of the score for the lego movie ....
    How can Leann not compare herself to Taylor. So many similarities, country singer, song writer, relationship issues, haters, Grammy award winning, website, etc. And Leann did a dance album trying to target the younger crowd. And why can Taylor laugh at her "haters" and then go sell million of albums, and when Leann does it, it backfires? It's just not FAIR!!!

I never liked Taylor before, but I gotta say, her goofy ballerina bit in her Shake it Off video and the break dancers were really funny, she has very good people working for her. Leann botches every seemingly good opportunity, like she did on X Factor blaming it on the young girl. She has a total lack of self-awareness.

czb

i still don't see it. it's like comparing leonard cohen to mick jagger because they're both old and started performing in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    How can Leann not compare herself to Taylor. So many similarities, country singer, song writer, relationship issues, haters, Grammy award winning, website, etc. And Leann did a dance album trying to target the younger crowd. And why can Taylor laugh at her "haters" and then go sell million of albums, and when Leann does it, it backfires? It's just not FAIR!!!

I never liked Taylor before, but I gotta say, her goofy ballerina bit in her Shake it Off video and the break dancers were really funny, she has very good people working for her. Leann botches every seemingly good opportunity, like she did on X Factor blaming it on the young girl. She has a total lack of self-awareness.
    Not to mention, Taylor does an album called 1989, after the year she was born, not to be outdone, LeAnn then "designs" a t-shirt emblazoned with 1982, the year she was born...
    spinmonkey and idunno like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

that's what doesn't make sense to me. i can understand why leann would want to be as popular as taylor, but her audience and style are so different that copying taylor just seems weird.
    sluce and llamamama like this.

Leann and logic have never met.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

that's what doesn't make sense to me. i can understand why leann would want to be as popular as taylor, but her audience and style are so different that copying taylor just seems weird.
    Leann doesn't even want her audience anymore, she wants Taylor's, so she thinks that she can be as popular as Taylor by copying Taylor.

Just like by copying Brandi, she can be Brandi.
    RealisticPerson and Kittylady like this.

I doubt there would ever have been a comparison had LeAnn (1982) not copied Taylor (1989) shirt, etc. Isn't that where the comparison started? True, their music is nothing alike, and they appeal to different audiences. But since LeAnn can never come up with an original idea, she copied Taylor. Wonder how that's working out.

Uh, isn't she like...old enough to be Taylor Swift's mother?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well do the math. 1989-1982 = 7
    BuffyKatniss, Trixie and Callalily like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Miranda Lambert, LeAnn Rimes to Participate in Dog-a-Thon

Miranda Lambert, LeAnn Rimes to Participate in Great American Dog-a-Thon
    By Hannahlee Allers October 29, 2014 6:00 PM

Larry Busacca, Getty Images Miranda Lambert and LeAnn Rimes will be joining Fox’s ‘The Great American Dog-a-Thon’ this Thanksgiving.
    The two-hour event, which will be hosted by actress Hilary Swank, will shine a spotlight on rescue dogs by sharing inspiring stories, videos and a salute to heroic canines. The event will also feature an awards ceremony with categories like Smartest Dog, Guiltiest Dog, Cutest Puppy and Best Licker.
    Lambert and Rimes will be joined by fellow animal-loving celebs Paula Abdul, Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel, Fergie, Carrie Ann Inaba, Scarlett Johansson, Kesha and Betty White.
    “I have long been an advocate for animal adoption and know first-hand the immense joy a shelter animal brings to our lives. Yet, every year, more than four million animals are euthanized because of overcrowding in shelters,” Swank, who is also serving as co-executive producer, says. ”We are so fortunate to have an animal advocate in the Fox network that not only sees the need for more awareness surrounding this issue, but is willing to set aside a two-hour block for this important cause. This partnership will change the path of a soul for thousands of animals looking for their forever home.”
    During the program, local shelters will be giving viewers information about animals that are available for adoption. The show is set to air on Fox on Nov. 27 from 8 PM to 10 PM ET.

Miranda Lambert, LeAnn Rimes to Participate in Dog-a-Thon

Thread Information