Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Elite Member

And every single one of them, including MC Hammer, have sold millions more albums than Leann.
    Bet there's not a ton of reviews out there for them, either, talking about how they spent too much time during the show complaining about being sick, their husband's ex-wife, whatever random-ass tabloid story was printed that day. But you surely see that in Leann's reviews. She's not humble. She's not grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    again, i don't see the indignity with playing at professional conventions or worksite parties. seems easy - don't have the hard life of touring and you get paid well. at least she's working.

can't believe i'm defending this sloth.
    The only thing I have an issue with is her whining about how hard it is to "tour", when she would rather be at home having Kiki cook for her and her unemployed, gigolo husband.

She seems beyond lazy. A tour is hustling to sell tickets and performing for people who spent their hard earned money and took time out of their life to go see you, for you to entertain them. For more than 3 shows/days in a row. For someone who still bemoans her "lost childhood" those 2 years she was famous in the 90s (when she made the money she is still living off of now) she sure seems to forget what a hectic (or even active) schedule actually is.

czb

mary j blige has sold more than leann?

i would agree with you that leann's attitude sucks, no doubt about it. but i think someone like MC is humbled because he blew all his money and had to declare bankruptcy. the mega-million $$$ crib he built in hayward was foreclosed. he had to rebuild everything.
    RealisticPerson likes this.

Elite Member

mary j blige has sold more than leann?

i would agree with you that leann's attitude sucks, no doubt about it. but i think someone like MC is humbled because he blew all his money and had to declare bankruptcy. the mega-million $$$ crib he built in hayward was foreclosed. he had to rebuild everything.
    Yes. She has.

Leann seems more focused on convincing people to like her as a person. Her actions have this one goal in common - to get people to see & hear her so they can understand her. Because if they understand her, they'll LIKE her. So she thinks.

Even her music is used for this purpose. I've spent far too much idle time watching this chick and have never known her to talk much (or at all) about wanting to make people feel good with her music, to touch them, help them, make them happy, whatever. No, she talks about how people will really understand her after they hear her music.

Great musicians use their music to connect with people. Some musicians aren't even really in it for the music, but they love to perform. I don't think Leann is particularly into either, at least anymore. Music and performing are the tools she uses to demand attention & admiration, & to claim validity.
    CL**, faithanne, annabel and 11 others like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Good Lord. She's just has no class and is soooo fucking thirsty.

Not only did she have to make this about her and point out to these actresses that she has covered this song...

But then she faves tweets saying her cover version was better.

Russell G. Looney@Llynnfan68G 14h14 hours ago
    @opry Love the @leannrimes song sung on @Nashville_ABC tonight ! Great job but not as Good As LeAnn !!

• FAVORITE1

8:18 PM - 15 Oct 2014 ∑ Details
    Please, idiot tweeter. It's not a LeAnn Rimes song, it's Buddy and Julie Miller's song. And I liked their version better:

Thought this was kinda funny...she made the song "semi-famous" (or as famous as 13,000 copies can make a song):

Rayna and Sadie: Gasoline and Matches?
    Avery and Juliette Tripping Wires, Too
    October 16, 2014; Written by Alison Bonaguro

The Cast of ABC's Nashville

Rayna and the new girl Sadie spent a lot of time on Wednesday night's (Oct. 15) Nashville singing that they were "Gasoline and Matches." Meaning, they set each other on fire.

So I get that. Rayna is kind of tripping the wire with her latest addition to the Highway 65 label. Obviously, they sound great together. Plus, they had a littleThelma & Louise-style fun after Rayna's wedding dress fitting. I like them together.

And, thank God, Rayna talked some sense into Sadie when she was tempted to sign with Jeff's label. She'd told Rayna, "I don't want to be just another one of Rayna James' artists. I want to be Rayna James." But then Rayna gave her the sales pitch of a lifetime, basically selling her on the idea that she could bring back the girl power to country radio.

"Back then," Rayna said of her heyday, "you could listen to the radio all day long and hear so many female artists." She dropped a lot of names, like Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Jo Dee Messina and Pam Tillis. And she told Sadie that right now, there are only two women ruling the radio.

Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert? She didn't say, but what I thought was interesting was that she didn't include LeAnn Rimes' name on that list since she's the one who made Buddy and Julie Miller's "Gasoline and Matches" song semi-famous when she released it on her 2013 Spitfire album.

CMT : News : Rayna and Sadie: Gasoline and Matches?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

but leann seems to be working more so there's that ....
    Added to that, she actually shows up well dressed and groomed, and not looking like she just rolled out of bed. Maybe she is serious about working for a comeback, or maybe she's running out of money.

^^I think a good number of people watching a hit show on network TV would comment about a mention of Leanne Rhimes would be "Oh, that homely little yodeler girl who sang the Patsy Cline song? Whatever happened to her?"

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Yes. She has.
    Mary J. Blige has more Grammies (Grammys?) too.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top
    RealisticPerson and needmeds like this.
    I am infuriated: Flip Flops

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    Threadjack
    Jack away, I love Mary J.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post
    So...I guess Leeann is not doing any shows these days, just paid up front gigs. Makes sense, she had proven as a performer she doesn't sell tickets. But to have the gall to call performing a few songs people have actually heard of (the ones she sang 15 years ago) at a charity event and performing for members and staff at the Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association annual convention a "tour"...so much delusion.

I miss cooking at home #tourproblems
    3:18 PM - 15 Oct 2014
    Annie don't forget she has her Carnival Cruise concert at the end of this month!

Re her corporate gigs.... I actually got a work email today that made me bust up and think of Wewe and her NuForeSkin corporate gig. It was an email with the subject line DIONNE WARWICK AVAILABLE FOR CORPORATE GIGS! The company I work for holds annual conferences so it was a mass marketing email going out to multiple companies. The email was cheesy and had awful graphics and made me wonder is this the kinda schlock Wewe's people send out thru the internets looking for paid gigs?
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Mary J. Blige is worth twenty LeAnns.
    czb, needmeds, CL** and 1 others like this.

Silver Member

LOL. Leann is feeling a little insecure today Feverishly favoriting tweets by nutty fans about HER song on Nashville. Such a professional, not aggressive or possessive at all. Bolded my favorite 'favorites'.

Russell G. Looney @Llynnfan68G ∑ 19h 19 hours ago
    @opry Love the @leannrimes song sung on @Nashville_ABC tonight ! Great job but not as Good As LeAnn !!

Alison Bonaguro @alisonbonaguro ∑ 19h 19 hours ago
    That's a @leannrimes song, btw. #GasolineAndMatches

Treasa Coulliette @Bighairbarbie ∑ 19h 19 hours ago
    @abcmusiclounge @Nashville_ABC @conniebritton @LauraBenanti @MillerBudMusic Great Job! Almost as good as @leannrimes & @ThisIsRobThomas

Nicole Wyatt @anicolewyatt ∑ 19h 19 hours ago
    @leannrimes #gasolineandmatches is on @Nashville_ABC

Laine @NashvilleCat12 ∑ 19h 19 hours ago
    Hey @leannrimes they're singing ur song on @Nashville_ABC ! #Gasolineandmatches #Nashvillle #lovethissong

tracy mcclimans @tmcclima ∑ 19h 19 hours ago
    @NashvilleWrites @Nashville_S3 @DebraFordham We need @leannrimes on Nashville!!!!

Jennifer Marie ‏@IamJenMarieD 5h5 hours ago
    @leannrimes Did you hear that your song "Gasoline and Matches" was on #Nashville last night.

Wise Cat ‏@Notime4thatx 5h5 hours ago
    @IamJenMarieD kits Buddy and Judy Millers song. LR along with others have covered it.

Jennifer Marie
    ‏@IamJenMarieD
    @Notime4thatx In my mind it's only @leannrimes 's song.
    FAVORITE
    LeAnn Rimes Cibrian
    1:35 PM - 16 Oct 2014

I expect Spitfire sales will skyrocket from the national exposure.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information