Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

I know absolutely nothing about singing technique, but it always seems to me Leann sings from the bottom of her throat or something. Like the words are stuck and she's trying to hack them out with her deep voice. When she just sings she does have a really good voice, but when does vocal gymnastics to show how great she is she sounds like she has a really bad, stuffed nose cold.

I'm with you in that I don't understand the technique. Neighbor said it sounds like she was never properly trained to breath while singing and to use the diaphragm to her advantage???? Do we have any singers who understand this?
    RealisticPerson likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ha, I thought maybe it had something to do with her new choppers. Like she can't get the words to come out right with that mouth full of fake teeth.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Oooh YES. I want to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    my brother and i are going to do a voiceover on an episode, like mystery science theater/rifftrax type. if it's funny we'll put it up on youtube and i'll link it.

we'll usually do three takes as we get more and more blitzed. then we edit it.
    Oooh YES I want to see the results. (I messed up m 1st reply.)

I watched the last episode, and I feel sorry they live a really really boring life, but I didn't feel all the sniping JSJ was harping on about.

Bronze Member

I am not a singer....far, FAR from it, but my daughter has spent the last 10 years training as an opera singer (totally not my side of the gene pool). From what I understand, singing from the throat instead of the diaphragm will wreak havoc on even the most beautiful voice. It is said that Steven Tyler has suffered the same fate. He can't do a song as vocally complex as Dream On anymore and sticks to simpler vocals. I just think she's a lazy hobag who never felt she needed to improve her god given talent....there can't be a comeback because the raw material has been thrown away. She still has more talent than me, but so does a feral cat.
    I'm meant to be charming not sincere

At first I thought my earphones were bad, but I listened to something else and there was no problem. I thought maybe LeAnn was holding the mike too close to her mouth? Other than that, I can't figure what she's doing wrong, but I can't understand the words she's singing. Is she trying too hard to be artistic?

ETA: Thought y'all would like to know that LeAnn is in the middle of nowhere and is going to enjoy the peace and quiet:

Middle of nowhere! Gonna enjoy peace & quiet w/ my baby & friends

5:31 PM - 30 Aug 2014

Last edited by RealisticPerson; September 1st, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Elite Member

I think it's lack of training plus overcompensation to try to act like she's super emotional singing the song. She was long criticized for not connecting to songs.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealisticPerson View Post
    ETA: Thought y'all would like to know that LeAnn is in the middle of nowhere and is going to enjoy the peace and quiet:

Middle of nowhere! Gonna enjoy peace & quiet w/ my baby & friends
    Lol, Leann just tweeted this. I guess it's a response to all the questions why/how she could tweet from the middle of nowhere. She so pathetic in her constant need to explain herself and convince the world of her amazing life. Btw her "one moment of service" lasted about 24 hours. *smh*

LeAnn Rimes Cibrian @leannrimes 3 t

The middle of nowhere is blissful! My one moment of service. Happy Labor Day!

I can't understand her lyrics and she does that spazzy face and hand thing, it's distracting. I ran across my older avatar on my computer where she had her hair up. It was flat on top and I shopped in an airplane landing on her "do". Since her "greasy Farrah" never changes now days, I got to wondering about that one off hair do and what made her wear it that way one time. Weird.
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by CelaLajeune View Post
    Hate to admit watching the L & E episode with her father, but I was curious to see their interactions....which there was no scene of them alone together... In scene after she finished singing at the Opry, the camera pans to Eddie and DB just as DB is wiping tears from his eyes. I rolled my eyes! I supposed the effect was to show how her singing moved him to tears...YUCK!
    That caterwauling would move me to tears, but not in a good way.
    Piss off!

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

LeAnn Rimes CibrianVerified account ‏@leannrimes

Thank you @sweetnsaucyshop loooovvveedd my unicorn pic.twitter.com/azYXOre9sI
    9:22 PM - 29 Aug 2014

Bday magic @HertelSara pic.twitter.com/8iF9AVw6ax
    9:23 PM - 29 Aug 2014

I'm truly blessed #leannandeddie pic.twitter.com/ryNnl1z26W
    9:40 PM - 29 Aug 2014

Peace out! #32rocks pic.twitter.com/o1sC9hLb7z
    11:39 PM - 29 Aug 2014

She's pregnant.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

I'd say let the cheating begin but I'm sure it's never stopped.

Thread Information