Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I had never seen Trisha's comments about Leann doing the same song, at the same time. Yearwood's On The Rise After Winning Song `War' With Leann Rimes - Chicago Tribune

"I would not have chosen to go up against LeAnn Rimes," she says.

The battle occurred when makers of the film "Con Air" approached Yearwood about recording "How Do I Live" after, for whatever reasons, rejecting Rimes' version. Having no idea Rimes' recording was being contemplated for release as a single but wondering how she could expect to please movie executives who had just turned down "one of the most amazing voices who's selling a billion records a minute," Yearwood proceeded to record the song and make a video of it, regarding the chance as a "great opportunity."

It was while she was in Europe on a tour, she says, that she heard Rimes had done a video of the song, which nonplussed her. She wondered, she says, why anybody would do a video of a recording that wasn't going to be released as a single. Yearwood was still assuming the Rimes version wasn't going to be a single, because, she explains, "the Nashville rule is, if somebody has a song on hold, you don't record it.

"There's this kind of gentlemen's agreement that if somebody has it, you don't mess with it," she says. "But in this case I didn't think she had any kind of permission (from the film's producer's, Touchstone Pictures) to do that, so I wasn't worried about it. Then I'm in Europe and I start to hear that (the Rimes version) has been released to radio. Then our version comes out, and it's like it becomes this big battle between record labels."

Yearwood says she's "competitive with myself; I want to sell more records than I did the time before," but adds she doesn't feel as if she's in competition with peers. She describes herself as "a good little Southern girl" who prefers to avoid controversy and who was "horrified" when radio stations and even Country Music Television were playing the two versions of the song head-to-head and calling for votes on which version fans preferred.

Fortunately, she says, the flap eventually worked out, in that Rimes had some success with her record on pop stations while country ones embraced the Yearwood version and thus gave her career an unexpected shot of juice.
    Everything I've read about that controversy is that Leann rushed to get hers out 'cause she was pissed and as usual, needed to "win." Trisha seems pretty classy about it all, considering. Google groups from that time period have a lot of discussion on that controversy. This is from a DJ ( I guess? ) talking about the weird situation and the rushing to get it out first:

It did seem to have been a rush job in terms of distribution. I played
    it at the A/C FM that I work part-time for, and noticed that it was recorded
    on a CD-R disk rather than pressed at a manufacturing plant. Also there
    were no liner notes, and the paper that shows on the back and spine of
    the jewel box was the original paper from the blank CD-R disk.

And just for fun, in that same music forum, this was being said about Leann....in 1998:

Unfortunately, I have also heard various stories concerning LeAnn Rimes
    which were not to her credit. This 15 year old is so talented and it's
    a real shame her instant popularity and demand has gone right to her
    head. She is being called a "spoiled brat" around Nashville and other
    places. Too bad for her. Like I said, she has major talent, but her
    attitude is what's going to bring her down fast. She hasn't even begun
    to 'pay her dues' yet. She needs to keep that attitude in check and be
    grateful for what she has today....
    Zooyork likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post
    Wow, that Walmart exclusive album description was written by Leann, right? She won SO many awards (2 Grammys and a Dove award!). Youngest Grammy winner! 42M albums sold...so far!! First GRAMMY WINNER to release a full remixed album!!
    But is it a good sign to be a Grammy winner with a full remixed album? Isn't there a reason, that no other Grammy winner has done this. Could the reason be that other Grammy winners still have creative drive and financial backing to release new material, with one or two old remixes as bonus to help sales along. I'm just wondering, of course.

She also conveniently skirts the fact that the majority of her awards are more than a decade old.
    rollo and RealisticPerson like this.

Yes, I was just going to say - talk about resting on your laurels and highlighting the fact that in spite of your TRUTH and HAPPEE and WORLDWIDE FAME, your creative juices have dried up!
    RealisticPerson likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    I really know nothing of Leann's career other than it is currently in the crapper, but were all 18 of those songs greatest hits for her? Has she really had that many hits?
    I do not remember much either, but anything after #3 song list on her "greatest hits", I'm a complete blank....that is until, you GR cool snarky peeps!! Cheers!

That best of is from 2003, and downloads are free on Amazon with Prime.

Amazon.com: Greatest Hits: LeAnn Rimes: MP3 Downloads

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Everything I've read about that controversy is that Leann rushed to get hers out 'cause she was pissed and as usual, needed to "win." Trisha seems pretty classy about it all, considering. Google groups from that time period have a lot of discussion on that controversy. This is from a DJ ( I guess? ) talking about the weird situation and the rushing to get it out first:

It did seem to have been a rush job in terms of distribution. I played
    it at the A/C FM that I work part-time for, and noticed that it was recorded
    on a CD-R disk rather than pressed at a manufacturing plant. Also there
    were no liner notes, and the paper that shows on the back and spine of
    the jewel box was the original paper from the blank CD-R disk.
    Ha ha CL** this is so funny. I just told my hubby about the CD-R passed off as newly pressed CD. He worked many years as a club DJ and he said this is just sad. he listened to the new remixes and he would never play them in a club. Kaskade is amazing DJ that he played a lot but even his song he remixed on her album is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soverymegr View Post
    I am saddened that y'all do not believe the boys stated this: you know those random honest moments that kids just reveal something ......no?! WAIT, Well, odd that would mean she distorted truth OR wants to poke someone. So unlike her!

mason & jake just told me spitfire is a catchy song lol #random (https://twitter.com/leannrimes/statu...55475451699200)
    I saw that tweet Soverymegr. She is vile not to mention a LIAR to boot. And spitfire was a song written to trash the boys mother FFS. Why in hell would they be listening to that song? It's not catchy, never was a hit nor was it ever trending . She is just jealous because the video she posted on twitter of her singing that smash hit "All about that bass" gave Meghan Trainor more publicity than her. That song is catchy and I bet that is what the boys were talking about. Carly Rose all over again.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Elite Member

^
    That's funny about the CD! Yeah, the google groups country western forum is a goldmine of what went down with her in the 90s and how her reputation dropped so bad. Any time people say she just started acting like an asshole after meeting Eddie I think...man, you should read what they were saying about her in the 90s. This behavior is not new!

About that tweet... I definitely think she's trying to stir controversy as usual by making that tweet and think it's really sad that those kids are going to feel totally weird when they grow up to really understand what the songs were about, and that their dad/stepmom happily encouraged them to learn words to songs that trashed their mom. But thirdly...for some reason, I didn't think that singers played their own albums around everyone for entertainment. Yeah, when it first comes out, you'd be sharing it with people. But over a year later, and you're picking albums to play, you play your own? A lot? That seems narcissistic to me. I wonder how often they all have to listen to her album.

Something else I noticed about her "new" dance remix of greatest hits album notes, it mentions new remixes along with unreleased and old remixes. So it sounds like shit that has been kicking around for years and that she did after her last few albums failed to sell anything. Seems that she paid a couple DJs recently to remix some stuff, so she could brag about "working with" some names that are big in the dance scene right now. Working with is not the same as paying to remix so you can slap something new-ish onto a desperate to generate new sales on old crap that doesn't sell in it's original form anymore. She should really consider getting an education since she had nothing but time on her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    But is it a good sign to be a Grammy winner with a full remixed album? Isn't there a reason, that no other Grammy winner has done this.
    Not a big music fan I'm guessing. Because remix albums have been done by Madonna, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Marian Carey, Shakira, Jay Z........and I thought of those without even thinking hard.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Falcor's the one claiming she's the only Grammy winner with a fully remixed album (or Walmart is claiming on her behalf), not the poster you quoted.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

In that case it's less about not knowing about music than it is about being complete bullshit. She's not the first, second or even tenth.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Falcor's the one claiming she's the only Grammy winner with a fully remixed album (or Walmart is claiming on her behalf), not the poster you quoted.
    But "not a big music fan" could apply to Leann, I guess.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I love the elf-on-a-beach phrase. It totally sums up where her career is right now.
    I prefer whore-on-the-shore.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Same difference I guess.
    Serendipity likes this.

Jesus fucking christ. This bitch is too much.

Of COURSE she was friends with Robin Williams.

@leannrimes: @butterfly7707 I had the please of knowing him. He was so kind and funny. I'll never forget him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leannrime...90227998797825
    WeWeLies likes this.

Thread Information