Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

There are lots of awesome remixes of songs sung/played by talented people. There's nothing wrong with re-mixes per se; if a hot producer remixes your track it's considered an honour.

listen to the Flume remix of Lorde's "Tennis Court" - fucking amazing (huge Flume fangirl here)
    sluce and WeWeLies like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

About the "worst recording contract in the WORLD" (what is with her and Eddies exclamations of global/worldwide when describing things? Over exaggeration much?)
    It's quite common these days for minors to be offered development contracts which are usually written for a long time period.
    From what I understand, its so the record company can get the returns from the money invested in the formative years to be able to be in control of the proceeds that the artist can generate when they turn 18 and they can expand out into more adult orientated/ commercially viable projects.
    Otherwise why would a record company invest so heavily in child/minor age performers and do all the hard yakka in promoting / grooming / mentoring them into adult performers only to have them fly the coup at 18 when they finally start to turn a profit?
    So I don't get what she was so upset about. It's common practice these days and I think it was in the past too with children performers.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Leann's wasn't a development deal. I've seen plenty of those (not just for minors) and they don't normally tie the artist up for so many years/albums. They set them up with the best producers and songwriters, and the artist normally has a great relationship with their A&R and they're all keen to work together. Development deals for minors are often more of "work with us, release a few tracks here and the until you finish high school, then when it's time to do a 5 album deal we have the first right, and if you sign with someone else we get a royalty from everything you do". I know a deal for a now very successful singer/songwriter who was a minor at the time and the record company encouraged the artist to take a long time out to travel the world and get some life experience before settling in to writing an album. And it paid off.

If it doesn't work and the artist for instance changes direction as they get older (an R&B label isn't going to work with a 14 year old singer/songwriter if he's going to be into death metal by the time he's 18) they're normally not that difficult to end if there's no mutual benefit to either party. Despite Falcor's experience (or what she claims) it's not usually in a record company's best interest to piss off their successful talent. Even the greedy pop moguls who pay their artists negligible royalties still lavish them with the full star treatment if they're making a lot of money.

Leann's deal was nothing like a development deal. She was a "child prodigy" (performing monkey) one trick pony, little girl with big voice. They needed to cash in while she was still a novelty. I dunno, maybe they tried to develop her and help her grow as an artist but IMO she was a cash cow to be milked for as long as possible.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Heading for a comeback? LeAnn Rimes dons skyscraper stilettos as she heads to music meeting after her dance album hits top spot on iTunes | Mail Online

Heading for a comeback? LeAnn Rimes dons skyscraper stilettos as her album hits top spot on the iTunes dance chart
    By Heather Waugh
    Published: 21:27 EST, 5 August 2014 | Updated: 22:00 EST, 5 August 2014

LeAnn Rimes might be finally ready to make her musical comeback.

The 31-year-old country star was seen heading out to a meeting with Warner Bros. on Tuesday, the same day her compilation of remixes was released and made it to the top spot on the iTunes dance chart.

Hinting at new projects in the works, the Can't Fight The Moonlight singer tweeted excitedly: 'Big meeting, talking music, round 2'

Making a comeback? LeAnn Rimes headed out in Los Angeles on Tuesday to attend a meeting with Warner Bros.

And Leann looked like she meant business as she was pictured strutting into the office building in a pair of towering nude heels.

She paired ripped pale-wash boyfriend jeans with a slouchy beige T-shirt and accessorised with gold jewelry.

Her blonde locks were left loose in beachy waves and she covered he eyes with a pair of stylish sunglasses with gold trim.

Big meeting: LeAnn, 31, paired a beige T-shirt with boyfriend jeans but added a sexy edge with towering stilettos

Anticipation: The star had a meeting about her music after her dance compilation made it to No.1 in the iTunes dance chart on Tuesday

The star also carried her favourite Chanel fringed handbag, which she is rarely seen without these days.

Leann and husband Eddie Cibrian, 41, have let cameras into their lives to film their daily ups and downs for their VH1 reality show LeAnn and Eddie which premiered in July.

Speaking to Fox, the country singer reflected on the series: 'Itís been good! Eddie and I are the last people that Iíd ever think would dive into a show in the unscripted world, but we wanted to work together, honestly,

'We wanted to be able make fun of everything that has been the soap opera that people have written about our lives. Producers Scott and Deirdre Gurney and VH1 realized what kind of show we wanted make, which was based in comedyĖĎcause itís how Eddie and I are, anyway.

Busy busy: The star has had a hectic schedule, having just jetted back from St. Louis to promote her reality show and now working on new music

Supportive: An excited fan shared news of LeAnn's dance album success on Twitter on Monday night

Heading for a comeback? LeAnn Rimes dons skyscraper stilettos as she heads to music meeting after her dance album hits top spot on iTunes | Mail Online

Speaking to Fox, the country singer reflected on the series: 'It’s been good! Eddie and I are the last people that I’d ever think would dive into a show in the unscripted world, but we wanted to work together, honestly,

So now it's unscripted? Make up your minds already!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post
    For someone who ENDLESSLY brags about how talented she feels she is, as a songwriter and a singer and a performer (ha!) it offends me deeply that she calls in DJs to remix her self-proclaimied AMAZING! songs. Adele, who is praised as an amazing singer, as far as I know doesn't have every song she sings remixed to sell it 2 or more times. Celine Dion and Mariah Carey do not hire people to remix and use one or 2 snippets of lyrics to resell their recorded songs. For someone who thinks so highly of her own "blessed" singing talent, bitch need to sit down. She is verging on Paris Hilton "singing and recording" territory these days.

Sunnygirl...did you listen to his remix of What I Cannot Change on iTunes? Gah, it is so boring. The song worked as a syrupy, sung by a melodramatic psychopath, ballad but as a "dance song" is made of boring suck.
    I did Annie. Blah. Lyrical dance/club songs when done right can be amazing. Kaskade's lyrical dance song "An angel on my shoulder" is a great example. You cant just take any song, speed it up and add dance beats to it that's not how it works. All her fans are gushing on twitter how this is the greatest dance album ever.... Ugh. It's such crap it makes me wanna buy a copy and then step on it.
    RealisticPerson likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post

Busy busy: The star has had a hectic schedule, having just jetted back from St. Louis to promote her reality show and now working on new music

Supportive: An excited fan shared news of LeAnn's dance album success on Twitter on Monday night

Geez how much b.s. can one person cram into one article? Busy hectic schedule? Nope- talk to Jay and Beyonce about hectic schedules. Darrell's tweet- Where he cropped out the word "dance" from "top album" to make it seem she had THE TOP album. Nope that went to the soundtrack for the new Chris Pratt sci-fi movie. Dance album success? I wanna see numbers and the #1 was gone by 8 a.m. I gotta check this morning to see where it's at. Does anyone know how to find out how many units are sold for iTunes albums?

ETA: iTunes has it at #3. A new release bummed it. The rest of the top ten are older releases and some over a year old. Heck even 2 on the top 20 are albums over 10 years old (Daft Punk)
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

What is the point of carrying a bag if you're not going to put your fucking shit in it??

This post has not been proofread

Elite Member

LOL. Whatever, Leann. That "big meeting" tweet has been getting recycled for about 9 months now.
    RealisticPerson and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Geez how much b.s. can one person cram into one article? Busy hectic schedule? Nope- talk to Jay and Beyonce about hectic schedules. Darrell's tweet- Where he cropped out the word "dance" from "top album" to make it seem she had THE TOP album. Nope that went to the soundtrack for the new Chris Pratt sci-fi movie. Dance album success? I wanna see numbers and the #1 was gone by 8 a.m. I gotta check this morning to see where it's at. Does anyone know how to find out how many units are sold for iTunes albums?

ETA: iTunes has it at #3. A new release bummed it. The rest of the top ten are older releases and some over a year old. Heck even 2 on the top 20 are albums over 10 years old (Daft Punk)
    If I am seeing it correctly, #3 on the dance chart but I couldn't find it in the top 100 albums for all genres. But the #1 dance album is #35 in the top 100 so it's obviously outselling LeAnn by quite a lot. I think it's safe to say that her #1 was fleeting and won't be repeated.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Why is she holding her mouth like that in the "meeting" photos? It looks like she's trying to hold her dentures in place. Anyhow, last night Asshat wrote this:

@leannrimes: Saw a T-Shirt I need "Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad at. Just Be Patient" #evenwheniloseimwinning ��
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

czb

YUCK. just when i thought that a quilted chanel purse was the nadir of fashion, they manage to make it worse by putting fringe on it. *vomit*
    dexknows and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    If I am seeing it correctly, #3 on the dance chart but I couldn't find it in the top 100 albums for all genres. But the #1 dance album is #35 in the top 100 so it's obviously outselling LeAnn by quite a lot. I think it's safe to say that her #1 was fleeting and won't be repeated.
    I checked yesterday, and it wasn't even in the top 200 on iTunes, just #1 on the dance tunes.
    Trixie likes this.

The bag is for "fashion", obviously. I mean look how fantastic she looks all around for her big meeting.
    rollo likes this.

^Ha, I didn't go any further than the top 100. I figure if it can't even get that far in the first few days of release, it's not going anywhere. No surprise though.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information