Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Here are some articles:

Rimes, Ex-Manager Settle Lawsuit | Billboard

Rimes, Ex-Manager Settle Lawsuit
    March 29, 2001 12:00 AM EST

LeAnn Rimes has settled her lawsuit against her former co-manager, Lyle Walker, Billboard Bulletin reports. Terms and conditions of the settlement are sealed by a confidentiality agreement.

LeAnn Rimes has settled her lawsuit against her former co-manager, Lyle Walker, Billboard Bulletin reports. Terms and conditions of the settlement are sealed by a confidentiality agreement.

Rimes and her mother, Belinda Rimes, filed suit last May against Walker and Wilbur Rimes, the singer's father and former co-manager and producer, claiming they had cheated the singer out of at least $7 million over the past five years. Rimes' suit against her father is ongoing, as is his countersuit against her company, LeAnn Rimes Entertainment Inc.

Of the settlement, Rimes attorney J. Cary Gray says, "We're very happy with the way it was resolved." Walker attorney Keith Trent says his client is pleased that the settlement is "resolved and behind him."

As previously reported, Rimes is planning to appeal a Nashville judge's ruling that she not be let out of a contract she signed with Curb Records when she was 12.

Rimes Ends Dispute, Re-Signs With Curb | Billboard

Rimes Ends Dispute, Re-Signs With Curb
    November 30, 2001 12:00 AM EST

After a year of battling in court to be free of the contract she signed with Curb Records at age 12, LeAnn Rimes has made the surprising decision to re-sign with the label, Billboard Bulletin reports.

After a year of battling in court to be free of the contract she signed with Curb Records at age 12, LeAnn Rimes has made the surprising decision to re-sign with the label, Billboard Bulletin reports. "We're thrilled that we've come to a new agreement with LeAnn and anxious to start a brand-new chapter in our relationship," Curb chairman Mike Curb tells Bulletin. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"I am looking forward to continuing to evolve creatively and professionally as an artist, but more important, I am really excited to be able to share my new music with the fans," Rimes tells Bulletin. She has been working on a project with writer/producer Desmond Child that Curb hopes to release next year.

Last November, shortly after turning 18, Rimes filed a lawsuit seeking to terminate the recording contract she and her parents signed with Curb in 1995. In March, a Nashville judge refused to break the contract; she later appealed the decision.

On Monday, Rimes withdrew the last of her litigation against Curb in the Tennessee courts, clearing the way for the new deal. Rimes has not yet settled a lawsuit pending against her father, Wilbur Rimes, who is also her former producer and co-manager. Also pending is her father's countersuit against LeAnn Rimes Entertainment Inc. Earlier this year, the singer settled a lawsuit against her former co-manager, Lyle Walker.

Rimes, Father Resolve Differences | Billboard

Rimes, Father Resolve Differences
    February 22, 2002 12:00 AM EST

The father of singer LeAnn Rimes says he and his 19-year-old daughter have resolved their legal battle. "It is difficult to express just how happy I am that all of the legal troubles between my daught

The father of singer LeAnn Rimes says he and his 19-year-old daughter have resolved their legal battle. "It is difficult to express just how happy I am that all of the legal troubles between my daughter and I are over," Wilbur Rimes said in yesterday's editions of The Tennessean newspaper. He didn't say how the dispute had been settled. The singer's publicist had no comment on the father's statement.

Rimes -- who was among the performers that took part in the Feb. 8 opening ceremonies of the Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City -- sued her father in 2000 alleging that he and former co-manager, Lyle Walker, bilked her and her company out of more than $7 million over five years. Wilbur Rimes then filed a countersuit against LeAnn Rimes Entertainment Inc.

The elder Rimes said Curb Records chairman Mike Curb, who signed LeAnn to her first contract when she was 12, helped settle the disagreement. Curb said Wednesday he was "very, very, very happy that it's all resolved."

The Nashville-based Curb Records and the singer ended their own legal standoff in November, when Rimes re-signed with the label.

lol, so she signed the "worst contract in history," twice?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTremens View Post
    LeAnn, 36, left Eddie to fend for himself with her father while she went to sound check at The Grand Ole Opry venue in Nashville.
    After boasting that he ‘could make horses dance’ in Hollywood Eddie got the wind knocked out of him when he was thrown off his stallion.
    ‘I think I’ve had enough riding for one day,’ he grumbled as he also failed to lasso a fake cow with a rope in the front yard.
    Having grown up in the region LeAnn nailed the task first time.

Haha.
    SHELLEE and sunshinesmores like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Enough of her whining about the worst contract in the world. I'll bet she would kill for Curb, or any other label, to offer her a contract now. LOL

Now, on to more important numbers - how is she doing with ratings from last night since the first two weeks were the worst of any show in her time slot? Seems that "the worst" is a trend for her.
    SHELLEE and Butterfly like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post

Haha.
    I didn't catch that since I rarely read the articles, just skim them at best.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Although I usually find this woman vile, I am really, really shocked that a contract signed by parents, guardians, whoever - when she was 12!?was upheld by the courts. Does anyone know why the opinion went against her? All I can think without doing some research I'm far too lazy to do right now is that it was more of a dueling divorcing dad and mom? I did give a quick shout-out to anyone around the house, but no coherent response beyond "You're still reading this nonsense?!? (Lots of lawyers in the family - wish I could switch some out for a doctor - better yet a dentist, plumber, or electrician.)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    LeAnn signed a new contract with Curb but I don't think she was ever free agent (until recently), my interpretation was that a new contract was negotiated in exchange for her dropping the lawsuit.
    What a nice way to say that no one wants her.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    lol, so she signed the "worst contract in history," twice?
    LOL.
    Butterfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Although I usually find this woman vile, I am really, really shocked that a contract signed by parents, guardians, whoever - when she was 12!?was upheld by the courts. Does anyone know why the opinion went against her? All I can think without doing some research I'm far too lazy to do right now is that it was more of a dueling divorcing dad and mom? I did give a quick shout-out to anyone around the house, but no coherent response beyond "You're still reading this nonsense?!? (Lots of lawyers in the family - wish I could switch some out for a doctor - better yet a dentist, plumber, or electrician.)
    The info I got was from an old article I found from 2001 when LeAnn was 18 and going through the lawsuits, I posted a link several pages back. (You're forgiven if you didn't read it. )

Here's what it said about her contract:

When Nashville music executives heard LeAnn's voice on her first demo album, and when they saw her uncommonly poised performance in January 1995, they were falling all over themselves to sign her. Among those who came calling was Mike Curb, the head of Curb Records, a charming former musician and former California politician who, depending on whom you talked to, was either a shrewd or malicious dealmaker. Nashville insiders have jokingly referred to a Curb artist contract as "life plus fifty years." But Curb did know how to relate to a kid like LeAnn (he had two daughters close to her age), and he did have a proven record with such young talent as Donny and Marie Osmond and Debby Boone. He also knew exactly how to woo Wilbur. Curb allowed Wilbur to manage LeAnn's career (another record company reportedly had wanted Narvel Blackstock, the husband and manager of Reba McEntire, for the job). He also guaranteed in writing that Wilbur could remain as the producer on LeAnn's albums.

For the Rimes family, it was too good to be true. Little LeAnn would sing, and her daddy would quit his job selling oil-field pipe and become a full-time music producer. They were so excited that they told Curb they wanted to record lots and lots of albums—not just mainstream country music albums, but inspirational-gospel albums as well. No problem, said Curb. Because LeAnn was legally a minor, the Curb lawyers had her go to courts in Dallas and Tennessee to get an order affirming the contract. The Tennessee court was asked to remove LeAnn's "disability of minority," which is a legal provision that allows a minor, upon turning eighteen, to disavow a contract he or she entered into as a child.

It was a savvy—and perfectly legal—move on the part of the Curb attorneys. With the disability of minority provision eliminated, LeAnn would belong to Curb for many, many years. Her deal would force her to make at least 14 albums and, according to one lawyer who later reviewed the contract, perhaps as many as 28 albums. (The typical contract for a new artist consists of 1 initial album and the record label's right to exercise options for 6 more.)

LeAnn tells me today that she was so thrilled to get a national recording deal that she had no idea what she was signing. (Curb's attorneys insist that the then-twelve-year-old girl had her own attorney and knew exactly what she was doing.)

Daddy's Little Girl | Texas Monthly
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Curb's attorneys insist that the then-twelve-year-old girl had her own attorney and knew exactly what she was doing.

Yes, of course she did. Which is why we allow all 12 year old kids the right to sign legal contracts. Gmafb. We don't even allow them to see movies with tits unless accompanied by an adult.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Enough of her whining about the worst contract in the world. I'll bet she would kill for Curb, or any other label, to offer her a contract now. LOL

Now, on to more important numbers - how is she doing with ratings from last night since the first two weeks were the worst of any show in her time slot? Seems that "the worst" is a trend for her.
    Viewers went up by around 100,000.
    Dating Naked suddenly jumped by around 500,000 viewers from last week so both Nicole and L/E benefitted, I would presume. Was there something special going on with Dating Naked last night? That's a huge jump. They went over the million mark.

Default Thanks Trixie

Thanks, Trixie, but damn... something stinks....bad...... and I am not talking about the dad because from what I have seen and heard, every minor working in any area of the entertainment industry should without question have a parent with them every damn second.... that's of course taking as a given that this parent would fiercely protect the child and his/her interests and um, you know, parent....oh, God.... LeAnn is a freakin' demented mess for a reason, isn't she?

Oh $=;£&$# !!!!!!! Nooooooo! I don't want to feel compassion! Pretty soon this thread won't be any fun at all.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; August 2nd, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Curb's attorneys insist that the then-twelve-year-old girl had her own attorney and knew exactly what she was doing.

Yes, of course she did. Which is why we allow all 12 year old kids the right to sign legal contracts. Gmafb. We don't even allow them to see movies with tits unless accompanied by an adult.
    Yes! This exactly. I mean, seriously, wtf?

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Dating Naked suddenly jumped by around 500,000 viewers from last week so both Nicole and L/E benefitted, I would presume. Was there something special going on with Dating Naked last night? That's a huge jump. They went over the million mark.
    An episode of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta aired at 8:00.

She must have had a fucking terrible lawyer to advise her to sign that minority waiver. Contracts can be set aside if it's shown they were induced to sign it (and it's not hard to prove a 12 year old was induced - especially if her father was her manager). So for them to actually include a clause specifically withdrawing that right means she was given really shit advice.

Or else she was one of those bratty child prodigies that knew better than everyone else - I've seen those types too, against all advice they'll do some shitty deal because they want to be famous or they think by the time they have to make their tenth album they'll be gazillionaires so it won't matter that they only get a 12% royalty. The most deluded are the Idol etc reality rejects.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Do you have a link for this info? Thanks.

Thread Information