Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    "The biggest global misconception would be that we're not two people who are really in love with each other, that there are ulterior motives to our relationship," says Cibrian, 41. "But people just don't get it. Hopefully people will get a chance to see how we just click."
    Leann and Eddie are going about this reality business all wrong.
    Two observations.

1) It's entirely possible that Leann and Eddie are genuinely in love with no ulterior motives.
    The problem is, they're trying to change to public's perception of them, but they're not offering any proof or even an alternative explanation/storyline as to why they're sooo in love. And so they come off as disingenuous.

In stead of just saying: 'The public got it all wrong/we have so much money/Ed can afford to turn down work/Ed didn't marry Leann for the money'. If they want to make their perfect love the main storyline, how about Eddie reveal why he loves Leann so much. Is she funny, does she make him feel good about himself, is he in awe of her singing talent, is she a great conversationalist (hahaha, I know).

2) I think, in order to succeed in reality tv, you have to be willing to humiliate yourself, and reveal some nasty truths (actual truth, not "Leann truth").

Jessica Simpson revealed herself as dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks, Kim Kardashian did a sex tape/fake marriage, the Osbournes revealed that they're disgusting pigs who let their dogs poop in the house, even Brandi has no problem coming off as a drunk (and possibly racist).
    Now, being dumb/fake/disgusting/drunk is probably part of their personalities, but you have to be willing to let that show and possibly exaggerate it for the sake of the storyline and ratings. Fly your freak flag without shame.
    I think, people like to watch a good freak show, and they like to see celebrities with flaws just like themselves.

Leann and Eddie just want to appear perfect, and that's not a very good reality tv storyline.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian in VH1 Reality Show 'LeAnn & Eddie' : People.com

People Exclusive
    LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian on Their Very Public Romance: 'We Just Click'

"The biggest global misconception would be that we're not two people who are really in love with each other, that there are ulterior motives to our relationship," says Cibrian, 41. "But people just don't get it. Hopefully people will get a chance to see how we just click."

LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian in VH1 Reality Show 'LeAnn & Eddie' : People.com
    Bitch please.
    Aside from those of us from overseas who subscribe to this hilarious thread , no one knows who the hell LeAnne is these days, let alone Eddie Squint Cibrian.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Bronze Member

And here is what the DM thinks of the latest episode.
    LeAnn Rimes pulls out all the stops to impress her father | Mail Online
    I feel like a little girl again': LeAnn Rimes attempts to bond with her father as she takes Eddie Cibrian to her childhood home

By Helen Zhao
    Published: 07:18, 1 August 2014 | Updated: 11:33, 1 August 2014

View comments

After a bitter court battle and years of acrimony LeAnn Rimes is pulling out all the stops to repair her relationship with her father.
    On the latest episode of her reality show, LeAnn And Eddie, the country singer and her husband Eddie Cibrian travelled to visit her father in 'cowboy country.'
    The couple took off on a trip to see Wilbur Rimes in Lebanon, Tennessee – a far cry from their sanitised Los Angeles lifestyle.
    Scroll down for video

+11

A different world: On the latest episode of her reality show, LeAnn And Eddie, LeAnn Rimes and husband Eddie Cibrian travelled to visit her father in 'cowboy country'

LeAnn was concerned that her actor husband might be like a ‘fish out of water’ and a ‘deer in the headlights’ out in the sticks.
    ‘But I co-starred in a movie with Chuck Norris,’ joked The Cave actor, 41, as he failed to hit targets better than LeAnn's 11-year-old nephew Cameron during shooting practice.
    ‘Chuck Norris can sharpen knives with his beard, he can unscramble an egg,’ he joked as Cameron repeatedly proved himself superior with a gun.

+11

Outdoor antics: The couple partook in shooting practice with dad Wilbur Rimes and LeAnn's 11-year-old nephew Cameron

+11

Humbling: Eddie failed to hit targets better than Cameron, who showed him how it's done

'That's how it's done,' said the child as he accurately fired at the targets.
    In 2000 LeAnn launched a lawsuit against her father and former manager - claiming they had owed her millions of dollars from mismanagement of her career. The suit was eventually settled but the Grammy-winner has remained anxious about the rift.

‘Some people never get over that kind of falling out,’ said the Blue star, whose marriage has also been fraught with difficulty because both she and Eddie were married to other people when they met.
    LeAnn Rimes tears up after watching clip of dad singing

+11

Embarrassing: After boasting that he 'could make horses dance' in Hollywood, Eddie got the wind knocked out of him when he was thrown off his stallion

+11

Giddy-up! Wilbur looked pretty comfortable on a horse

The CSI Miami actor, who used to be wed to Brandi Glanville, was a little shocked by his wife’s rural southern upbringing.
    ‘My father-in-law gave LeAnn a rifle to shoot raccoons when she was four-years-old,’ he explained.
    ‘That’s the kind of man he is…that’s my father-in-law’.
    Eddie said he was hoping to gain ‘cowboy respect’ from silver-haired Wilbur.
    ‘In the south there are two types of respect you can get from your father-in-law, respect based on how well you treat his daughter and the cowboy respect. I’m looking for the cowboy respect,’ he said.

+11

Showing him how it's done: Eddie also failed at lassoing a fake cow, while LeAnn succeeded on the first try

+11

Can you do me a favour? The father-of-two was emasculated further by being asked to hold his wife's handbag

+11

Daddy's girl: LeAnn gave her dad a big bear hug

LeAnn, 36, left Eddie to fend for himself with her father while she went to sound check at The Grand Ole Opry venue in Nashville.
    After boasting that he ‘could make horses dance’ in Hollywood Eddie got the wind knocked out of him when he was thrown off his stallion.
    ‘I think I’ve had enough riding for one day,’ he grumbled as he also failed to lasso a fake cow with a rope in the front yard.
    Having grown up in the region LeAnn nailed the task first time.

+11

Shining star: Eddie and LeAnn's family went to watch her singing gig at the Opry that evening

+11

Hitting the high notes: She sang passionately in a sparkling gown

‘That doesn’t make me look any better in front of your dad,’ he moaned.
    He was emasculated further by being asked to hold her handbag.
    ‘It doesn’t look good,’ he grumbled, rolling his eyes.
    Eddie and LeAnn’s family went to watch her gig at the Opry that evening.
    ‘I never get tired of hearing LeAnn sing,’ beamed her proud husband.

+11

Family bonding: Later they convened on the porch to sing the first song Wilbur ever taught LeAnn - Jesus Loves Me

Rest and relaxation: LeAnn looked cosy curled up on the couch
    LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian star in new reality TV show

LeAnn got emotional on stage, crying after one of the slow songs.
    ‘It’s the first time that my dad has seen me perform in a long time, that got me nervous, I just hope he enjoyed it,’ she sniffed.
    ‘I feel like a little girl again, just trying to make my dad happy,’ she said.
    Later they convened on the porch to sing the first song Wilbur ever taught LeAnn - Jesus Loves Me.

‘I really enjoyed that bonding time with my dad,’ she said. ‘It’s been years since we’ve been able to do that

It's too bad Leann is so busy doing PR (tweeting) and touring (2 shows a month) and vacationing, or she could go visit her "childhood home" (she's never lived there) and "nephew" (child of the only child's non-existent sibling) and have some bonding time with her dad. Not on camera. Since Eddie is over 40 perhaps he could even stay at home and watch over the nanny taking care of his kids during his part time custody.

Never happen. Such a farce.

^ Exactly what I was thinking, oh and also wondering how much she had to pay Wilbur to be on her show.

They've been estranged for how many years now, and she only has time to mend fences if it's in front of the camera? Sad and pathetic.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And how is that her nephew?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Must be another one of those "bonus" situations. Her being an only miracle child and all.
    RealisticPerson and sluce like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Exactly what I was thinking, oh and also wondering how much she had to pay Wilbur to be on her show.

They've been estranged for how many years now, and she only has time to mend fences if it's in front of the camera? Sad and pathetic.
    Yeah I read the Daily Fail article earlier and there were already a lot of comments asking why she hadn't bothered to truly reconcile with her father until she needed Happy Family footage for her shitshow. LeAnn is forgetting one of the most important rules of the internet in her quest to re-write history to match her "truth" - once something is online its there FOREVER and anyone can access it.
    CL** and RealisticPerson like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Global misconception? Yeah the whole world cares about them
    RealisticPerson and Yoko Ono like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    And how is that her nephew?
    No idea. Is it that thirsty blond's kid, her mom's BFF's daughter who she calls her sis? In the pictures from the show they have him trailing with Wilbur like he's a grand kid. Maybe his wife (who Leann has met like twice and looks SO uncomfortable in all the posed and "candid" pics Leann and her lackeys took of her) has a grandkid? She looks far too young but maybe she just had good genetics. Or, and this is my guess, they hired an actor.

LeAnn to Dad: 'I Hate You'

By Stephen M. Silverman updated 04/21/2004 at 01:00 AM EDT originally published 04/28/1998 12:00AM

A Nashville judge on Friday refused to release 18-year-old LeAnn Rimes from a 1995 recording contract approved by her parents when she was 12. But the young country star had the last word in court, reports the Associated Press -- telling her dad, Wilbur Rimes, after the ruling, "I hate you." The suit had been sparked by the younger Rimes's desire to sign a new contract with the Nashville-based Curb Records. Nor is it over between the "Blue" singer and her father. She is suing him and her former co-manager in the Rimes's home state of Texas over LeAnn's claim that the two men are responsible for spending more than $7 million of her earnings. After the "I hate you" remark in the courtroom, Wilbur Rimes told the AP that he was "very hurt, but confused" by his daughter's words, "because I had nothing to do with the proceeding."

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,619292,00.html

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post
    The suit had been sparked by the younger Rimes's desire to sign a new contract with the Nashville-based Curb Records.
    So, it was Leann herself, who wanted a deal with Curb. The very same deal she was sooo happy to get out of, when she signed something on the tv show. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    So, it was Leann herself, who wanted a deal with Curb. The very same deal she was sooo happy to get out of, when she signed something on the tv show. Very interesting.
    Not exactly...from what I understand, she signed a deal with Curb when she was around 12 which tied her up for something like 20 years. When she turned 18, she sued them to get out of it, but lost in court. She may have wanted to stay with Curb, but she wanted to re-negotiate her deal, but ended up stuck with the original one until recently.
    BuffyKatniss and idunno like this.

czb

^^^ if that's the case, i can understand her being unhappy with the contract.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

LeAnn signed a new contract with Curb but I don't think she was ever free agent (until recently), my interpretation was that a new contract was negotiated in exchange for her dropping the lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ if that's the case, i can understand her being unhappy with the contract.
    I agree! I don't think anyone should be bound to a contract they signed when they were 12 years old. But apparently it was all approved by the court at the time, including a clause that specifically denied her the right to challenge the contract once she turned 18. Which is why she lost her case.

eta: disclaimer: I don't know all the details, just what I've read after LeAnn calling it "the worst contract in history"

Thread Information