Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, at the risk of sounding like I'm defending him (I'm not!) I would think taking a job on location is a lot more complicated for him than it used to be. When he was married to Brandi, he not only was more motivated as the sole breadwinner, but he also had the luxury of a stay-at-home wife to be with the kids full-time when he was gone. Divorcing her and pushing her back into the working world means a lot more arranging to do with the kids because she has work commitments too. Add in a crazy ass new wife who doesn't want him out of her sight, and also wants him to attend all HER work commitments, plus bouncing the kids back and forth every couple days, might get a little hectic. Again, not saying he didn't make his own bed, and that he couldn't work if he wanted to, but it's easier not to, especially now when he can afford not to.
    Leann and Eddie managed to hire a nanny for the boys, when they went on vacation without them, when it was Ed's time with them. One would think they could do the same for a paying job.
    DeliriumTremens likes this.

Bronze Member

The concert was cancelled due to the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPatrickBateman View Post
    The concert was cancelled due to the weather.
    In Williamsburg, VA? What??? I have friends/family who live there. I just texted them, and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about? It's raining. Like they never got rain before? I'm guessing LeAnn cancelled so she could rush home to Eddie, and Busch Gardens had to come up with an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Leann and Eddie managed to hire a nanny for the boys, when they went on vacation without them, when it was Ed's time with them. One would think they could do the same for a paying job.
    Oh, I agree...my point was that he's basically on the path of least resistance now, there's no real motivation to work anymore, he's married to someone richer now who picks and chooses what work commitments to keep and he's just along for the ride at this point--because that's what she wants and he's not particularly ambitious either. Of course, saying it's because he's a devoted family man is a big fucking joke and an even bigger lie.
    RealisticPerson and idunno like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

IIRC Brandi has right of first refusal when it comes to custody of the Squints if Eddie is out of town for an extended period of time and vice versa, which is what happened when Brandi filmed Celebrity Apprentice, so the kids will stay with her unless Brandi relinquishes custody, and if that happens I am guessing that the kids will stay with Eddie's parents which may be OK with Eddie. The inference that I think Eddie wants made is that he turned down the job because he does not want the boys in Brandi's care for an extended period of time.

Regarding Eddie turning down work coming back to bite him on the butt, yeah from a PR standpoint, but the Squints are in his care for the same amount of time as Brandi, Eddie pays Brandi child support and allegedly overpaid spousal support by over $100K. Materially the kids are in a safe and comfortable environment, so other than Eddie getting a "I know what you did there" side-eye, I can't see a family court judge being all that worked up over Eddie's actions. When it comes down to it, LeAnn and Eddie are, if not rich, then affluent, Brandi makes good money, and Eddie possibly engaging in machinations to get out of paying child support to his New York Times Best Selling author / reality TV star ex, who has them the same amount of time as him, or trying to avoid paying her more child support, is a champagne problem.
    Last edited by dougie; July 26th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealisticPerson View Post
    In Williamsburg, VA? What??? I have friends/family who live there. I just texted them, and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about? It's raining. Like they never got rain before? I'm guessing LeAnn cancelled so she could rush home to Eddie, and Busch Gardens had to come up with an excuse.
    Yeah, we've been having storms bit nothing severe, my friend was at the park and I was going to meet her there for the concert. She said it stormed but nothing horrible and it cleared up in plenty of time.
    I did notice on her Twitter that she said she was going to be performing tonight but never said where until Busch Gardens tweeted they had to cancel her show and tagged her in it, then she retweeted that. I think she was embarrassed of her venue.
    RealisticPerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    IIRC Brandi has right of first refusal when it comes to custody of the Squints

but the Squints are in his care for the same amount of time as Brandi
    Why are you referring to the kids as the Squints?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^ Yeah, the kids are NOT squints because they have Brandi's genes too. The Squints are LeakAnn and Eddie (thanks Kitty!)

I wish someone would call out ole Leaky and ask WHY her step-kids cannot be alone with her. That is not normal!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Why are you referring to the kids as the Squints?
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Yeah, the kids are NOT squints because they have Brandi's genes too. The Squints are LeakAnn and Eddie (thanks Kitty!)

I wish someone would call out ole Leaky and ask WHY her step-kids cannot be alone with her. That is not normal!
    I've called them the Squints going back to 2013, I've recently taken to calling them Li'l Asshole and By Proxy in my head so maybe I'll change it up.

The kids have been alone with LeAnn, she's been papped taking them to games / practices. They were alone with her when Eddie was filming in Canada - Brandi tweeted Eddie that the kids had not called her and LeAnn did an interview about the experience where she commiserated with single mothers.

I'm not sure about the timeline. It seems ages ago when Eddie went to Canada. Of course she used to be able to be alone with the step-kids until she went screaming up the driveway or something.

And don't make fun of the kids even if their mother did and has never heard the end of it. They have enough to cope with, being in the glare of constant papping and tweeting by all around them. If they are acting up, it's not surprising.

^ You're right about it being ages ago, it was well over a year since Eddie was filming in Canada, I don't think that Eddie has been on location since so it makes sense that the photos are of the kids with both Eddie and LeAnn. The source of LeAnn screaming up the driveway was JustSayJenn and IIRC the story was posted late last year, believe JSJ if you want but Jenn has been called out for being a fraud in more ways than one even before she started covering LeAnn, and then got busted again for making up stories earlier this year.

Excuse me while I don't give any consideration to the "don't make fun of the kids" directive, I have not seen that directive when other posters have made comments about celebrity children, so to me it comes off more as a means of scoring points in a debate than genuine concern.
    Last edited by dougie; July 27th, 2014 at 08:57 AM.

Bronze Member

Its strange - the Daily Mail doesn't have a LeAnn story today. I was fully expecting a 'LeAnn celebrates not having to perform by wearing a bikini to go shopping' type of story.
    RealisticPerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    I've called them the Squints going back to 2013, I've recently taken to calling them Li'l Asshole and By Proxy in my head so maybe I'll change it up.
    No one is genuinely concerned about celebrities (at least I hope not) but THESE kids have suffered more than most celebrity kids. Maybe you can't see that.

ETA: And what's with the constant editing?

in my family i'm lovingly referred to as 'foam failure' ... my second brother was 'planned but made mom fat' and my third brother is 'bandaid baby'.

changed schools like every year, sometimes twice in a year as a kid. i'm totally fucked up. i mean why else would i have a serial killer's trophies as an avatar?
    dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    No one is genuinely concerned about celebrities (at least I hope not) but THESE kids have suffered more than most celebrity kids. Maybe you can't see that.

ETA: And what's with the constant editing?
    No I don't see that, I don't presume that the Cibrian boys have suffered more than other celebrity children based on a profusion of Daily Mail stories and because their mom and bonus mom are prolific tweeters. I don't think that Cibrian boys' lives are idyllic, but it is not hard for me to fathom that there are other screwed up celebrity households with the real difference being that the dysfunction is kept out of the public eye because the principles involved are not addicted to the attention they get from Twitter and tabloids.

The edits didn't change the substance of the comment, just corrections / edits of the anal retentive variety.

Thread Information