Like Tree61617Likes

Thread: Big fat liars LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian go public

I think Eddie hates Brandi for thriving without him.

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    I have to say, I thought they would get a lot more buzz on Twitter for the premiere. I know there were all those various FB mainstream media posts that got 1000s of comments saying they wouldn't watch the show, but Trainwreck tv and all that, you know? People do really seem to like Nicole Richie's new show.
    I didn't actually verify is this statement was true but someone on twitter said Vh1's main twitter account was tweeting a lot leading up to airtime for Nicole's show but only tweeted like twice leading up to shitshow.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Bronze Member

I haven't a clue how to post articles or links...YET! Still learning.

The Washington Post article was interesting to me ...
    LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian image PR backfires with terrible new reality show LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian image PR backfires with terrible new reality show - The Washington Post via @washingtonpost

ETA ... My wine can't spell and has bad grammar. Should I c/p entire article or just link? Any help/advice/critiquing appreciated! Cheers everyone!
    RealisticPerson likes this.

I was wondering if EW would be covering this. Recaps should be interesting.

You think you don't want to watch 'LeAnn & Eddie,' but you do

by Sundi Rose-Holt, Community Contributor @sroseholtJul 16, 2014 | 11:00AM

I know there are a million reasons why you think you won’t enjoy this show, but I can convince you otherwise. Here are the very best reasons to watch Vh1’s LeAnn & Eddie.

It’s awkward, vapid, nonsense—but in the best way possible.

Isn’t the point of reality TV to provide the viewers with the chance to laugh at its stars? This show delivers on this promise, and then some. They are giving us express permission to point and laugh at them, and an all-access pass to mock their lives. It’s not really a guilty pleasure if it doesn’t makes us feel a little self-conscious about watching it, now is it?

Eddie and LeAnn are giving the best acting performances we’ve ever seen (or probably ever will see).

Although this show is billed as a reality show, we are a cynical enough audience to know that it’s really not. That said, Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes are pretty good at acting like they are a normal couple—except when they are constantly discussing their paparazzi problem or comparing a record contract to a lifelong jail sentence. It’s worth the 30 minutes to see them pretend how normal their regular life is. They’re practically breaking a sweat at the effort. It’s easier to watch them pretend to be themselves than to suffer through their movie, Northern Lights.

Eddie Cibrian was in a boy band, and knowing this has changed the way I see the world.

This is ’90s gold, folks, and I probably would have blocked it out completely if the couple hadn’t reminded me here. His band, 3Deep, was about as cheesy as it can get—complete with rayon shirts unbuttoned to their navels and sideburns to their jaws. ThinkSaved by the Bell meets Color Me Bad meets David Silver. It was wonderful.

A Twitter war will inevitably start between LeAnn and Brandi Glanville.
    The couple landed this gig in large part due to the very public feud between them and Eddie’s ex, Brandi Glanville, star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Both camps haven’t been shy about blasting their business for everyone to read, plastering it all over Twitter for anybody who cares to see. Can you imagine how juicy it will get once these episodes start airing and Brandi has had a glass of wine (or two)? That could be its own reality show.

The B-list actor quotient is going to be pretty high.

Just in the first episode, we see the couple being interviewed by Mario Lopez (speaking of Saved by the Bell) in all his dimpled glory. Also, Eddie still has a moderately successful acting career and was recently in Best Man Holiday. It’s totally worth the time spent to catch LeAnn and Eddie doing a little shameless social climbing—that is, if you don’t embarrass easily.

You can grab a sneak peek of LeAnn and Eddie here before it airs on Thursday. Check it out, and tweet me why you love/hate it. Then, once it airs, we’ll talk all about it—here, on Twitter and everywhere.

http://community.ew.com/2014/07/16/you-think-you-dont-want-to-watch-leann-and-eddie-but-you-do/

edit: Worth watching just to see Eddie say Leann never engages on twitter and has always taken the high road.

His body language on the Wendy Williams show looked like he was completely not in to her. His leg crossed the opposite way. She kept touching his leg and his arm first and only once did I see him reciprocate.

I thought it was funny at the end how Wendy said they are starting to look like each other and mentioned their squinty eyes! Lol!
    spinmonkey likes this.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

Quote Originally Posted by CelaLajeune View Post

LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian image PR backfires with terrible new reality show LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian image PR backfires with terrible new reality show - The Washington Post via @washingtonpost

ETA ... My wine can't spell and has bad grammar. Should I c/p entire article or just link? Any help/advice/critiquing appreciated! Cheers everyone!
    the Board rules are you're supposed to post the entire article, but if you're having trouble someone might take pity on you and post it for you. I can't because I'm on my temperamental iPad and also because I'm lazy

ETA that's a great review in that it calls them out on their fuckery.
    CelaLajeune likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    the Board rules are you're supposed to post the entire article, but if you're having trouble someone might take pity on you and post it for you. I can't because I'm on my temperamental iPad and also because I'm lazy

ETA that's a great review in that it calls them out on their fuckery.
    thanks! I only have an OLD ipad! Sorry folks! Faithe, thanks for being kind with advice! Greatly appreciated! I need the help! I DO NOT want to break board rules!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonTaleOfWoe View Post
    Looks like a certain stalker just got hit right in the face with big ol' dose of reality.
    Also, who is that woman walking behind leann that also has a disgusted/dismayed look on her face at seeing a loving interaction between a mother and her children? Is it Belinda? It's such a gross look on her face, like she does she not know that Brandi has a right to have a beautiful, private moment with her own children, that Brandi trumps leann in the boys lives? That's why I think it might be Belinda. Whoever it is should feel ashamed of herself if she sees this picture.
    One more thing, Brandi looks really beautiful in this shot.

^You got all that from a split second moment? She could be about to sneeze.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Just love the "after all we have been through" comments in their interviews. Like WTF. You bought that shit on yourself... And what about what you put Brandi and the kids through. Slag.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

From all the interviews we're seeing, this is their PR message as far as I can tell:

Eddie never loved Brandi. Eddie never had any respect for Brandi ever.
    Eddie loves Leann and doesn't think she's ugly. haha.
    Leann has never engaged Brandi in a feud or ever shit-stirred. Leann stays silent. Brandi is the only one who ever fights on Twitter.
    The tabloids' coverage about them is all coming from Brandi.
    Leann is a real housewife.
    Eddie is constantly offered jobs and is an in-demand actor. Eddie turns down jobs to be at home with his kids he has 1/2 the time.
    Leann has often extended the olive branch to Brandi. Leann doesn't care about Brandi's feelings.
    They do not have $50 million.
    They give each other crap all the time, they laugh about everything to cope. blah. blah.
    They don't pay attention to the tabloids.
    This is a satire/comedy/family-friendly/non-Brandi bashing/reality show that is sometimes dramatized and sometimes scripted and unscripted all at the same time.

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by CelaLajeune View Post

You caught me on a good day. Here's the article

By Emily Yahr July 18 at 1:35 AM

Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes, the picture of marital bliss. (VH1)
    There are a lot of people gunning for the “Worst Person on Reality TV” title — but we might have a couple of new frontrunners after Thursday night’s premiere of “LeAnn & Eddie,” the awful, smug new reality show starring LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian.
    The show is marketed as “the real truth” about the controversial couple — and as those who skim supermarket tabloids are well aware, both are desperately in need of some image rehab. Rimes (country music star) and Cibrian (TV actor) have been inextricably linked ever since 2009 when they had an affair while filming a Lifetime original movie. Both were married to other people at the time.
    In an unusual twist, Cibrian and Rimes didn’t deny it. Instead, they left their respective spouses and got married. What followed has been years of an astonishingly messy, personal family issue played out in a very nasty, public way — pretty ugly stuff, even for a celebrity scandal. Now, apparently not quite ready to let go of the spotlight, Rimes and Cibrian have decided to dredge it all up again with a reality series on VH1.
    Rimes and Cibrian’s explanation for doing the show is this: Tabloids and paparazzi have profited off their personal drama for years, so they want to take control of the story. They feel this is necessary because Cibrian’s ex-wife, Brandi Glanville, (the mother of his two sons) parlayed Cibrian’s betrayal into a gig on Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and two memoirs; in all projects, she goes into explicit detail about her former marriage. Glanville and Rimes have famously been in massive Twitter fights, while she and Cibrian feud across the tabloids about everything from child support to more cheating accusations.

LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian (Piotr Sikora/VH1)
    Anyway, it’s pretty stomach-turning to see a family fall apart in the public eye, and not a surprise that Rimes and Cibrian want to repair some of the damage they’ve done to their reputations. Unfortunately, the show completely backfires, as they make a few crucial missteps along the way in the premiere.
    First, they try to spin their marital issues as a light-hearted joke — because if you can’t laugh at your problems, then how else can you deal?! Sure, fine, except the “jokes” are actually cruel barbs aimed at their enemies, mostly Glanville. It makes them both come across as incredibly self-satisfied and generally terrible.

“Our relationship didn’t quite start off like we had planned,” Rimes says cheerfully at the beginning of the premiere, as previous tabloid covers fly across the screen with headlines like “LEANN CAUGHT IN AN AFFAIR” and “BRANDI CHEATED FIRST.” (Aww, keepsakes!)
    “We were both married to other people when we fell in love,” Cibrian confesses sheepishly; the two are cuddled on a couch together. “And I know most of you think my wife is a homewrecker and a stalker.”
    “You’re forgetting alcoholic, pill popper and children stealer!” Rimes pipes up, echoing rumors about the past and adding some tabloid theories about Cibrian: “And you’re also a moocher, you have no job, and you married me for my money.”
    “Look, everyone thinks they really know how it is with us,” Cibrian says defiantly. “But there’s two sides to every story — and this is ours.”
    That leads into the next problem — even though they claim to laugh off every tabloid rumor, they are obsessed with everything written about them. To that point, if there weren’t any tabloids, there definitely wouldn’t be a show. The entire episode centers about the fact that Star magazine published a story claiming they’re getting a “$50 million divorce.”

Ignore it? No, that’s far too logical. In a car on the way to Cibrian’s movie premiere, Rimes reminds him that everyone on the red carpet is going to be asking about the article. Cibrian says he won’t dignify those questions with an answer, but Rimes doesn’t like that.

“I don’t want to give anyone the pleasure of it playing out in the media, ” Cibrian responds — while on camera on his reality show.
    Rimes is not pleased. “Well, it’s unfortunate that we have a third party in this situation that’s just a mouthpiece,” she snaps. “It doesn’t matter if we say anything because she’ll keep blabbing about it.”
    Ah yes, the “third party” — Glanville hangs over the episode like a ghost, though apparently the show’s producers just assume viewers know the whole sordid backstory. Otherwise, it seems like this poor lady is just getting thrown under the bus by her ex-husband for no good reason.
    “The likelihood of Brandi and I getting back together, I would say, would be slightly above the existence of Bigfoot and just below an actual zombie apocalypse,” Cibrian says at one point, very pleased with that dig.
    That’s one of several jabs at Glanville — calling into serious question Cibrian’s claims that, according to a USA Today article, “he won’t dig into any divorce issues, and says that he and Glanville manage to co-parent amicably these days.”
    Speaking of co-parenting, the worst scene of all is when Rimes goes to get a celebratory tattoo over getting out of a 20-year record contract (oh right, her singing career — no time for that here) and her friends spot the Star magazine that just so happens to be in the tattoo shop.

“You don’t want that in a market while the kids walk by,” their friend advises wisely.

Rimes explains that Cibrian’s sons know all about tabloids lies. Once, one of the kids told her, “The magazine said that mom [Glanville] and dad were getting back together — and I for sure know that’s not true.”
    “That’s a smart kid,” Cibrian jokes. Laughs all around about traumatic family experiences!
    The rest of the episode plods along as Rimes continues to be upset that Cibrian refuses to deny the divorce rumor in Star magazine. Finally, it resolves where every problem should: At a picnic table with “Extra” host Mario Lopez. Before a charity skydiving event, Lopez grills them on the rumor, until Cibrian finally decides to take the advice “happy wife, happy life” and comment on the story.
    He calls it “ludicrous.” Rimes is thrilled.
    “For Eddie to comment on this, when I know he did not want to do it at all, really means a lot to me,” she gushes.
    So — happily ever after? Future episodes promise more clashes with the media. We all know that as much as certain celebrities — particularly in the reality TV world — claim to loathe the paparazzi, it’s a vicious circle, as the tabloid press fuels their careers. Some try to hide that fact, but it’s beyond obvious in “LeAnn & Eddie”; and frankly serves to make this whole spectacle even more embarrassing.
    Cinnamon*Girl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think Dean is the only one (of the four people involved in this bullshit) to have moved on.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think Dean is the only one who is truly happy out of this mess. Looking at the cray that LeAnn is, he is probably grateful to Ediot for taking her off his hands.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

It's such a gross look on her face, like she does she not know that Brandi has a right to have a beautiful, private moment with her own children, that Brandi trumps leann in the boys lives?
    interesting. i'm not getting 'beautifu'l moment, i see a kid trying to talk to his mom, but mom is too involved in texting to pay attention. see how that works?
    Flygirl, dilligaf and chartreuse like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

I think it's funny he's trashing their marriage and telling all the interviewers she was a huge mistake and he married young. First, they dated for 5 years first, so if ya hated her kinda weird to then propose. It's not like it was rushed into. #2 Is 28 now considered marrying young? LOL. I think that phrase is reserved for people marrying when they're like 19 or 22....not almost 30.
    Leann should take notice. This is how Eddie will talk about her, if/when they split up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    FFS those minions were counting down the damn minutes for shitshow to start... 43 minutes left until the start #leannandeddie! Next tweet- 42 minutes and counting #weweandediot -can't wait!....41 minutes till #falcorandnoballs start! Omg only 40 minutes to go until we get to see #nostrilsandHPV.....my life will not be complete until the start of TV magic- only 39 more minutes for #SWFandunemployedshitstain!
    Love it.
    RealisticPerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohJulia View Post
    and the one thing Eddie cannot hide is his utter hatred for Brandi, which is interesting. if he's so happy with Leann, and finally has found real love, why does he still hate her so much? shouldn't he just wish her well and not really care?
    “It is a curious subject of observation and inquiry, whether hatred and love be not the same thing at bottom. Each, in its utmost development, supposes a high degree of intimacy and heart-knowledge; each renders one individual dependent for the food of his affections and spiritual life upon another; each leaves the passionate lover, or the no less passionate hater, forlorn and desolate by the withdrawal of his object.”
    ― Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

I always liked that quote. Reminds me of a lot of people, actually. Some people depend more upon their hate relationships for fulfillment than they do their loving ones.
    Kittylady, Trixie, sluce and 4 others like this.

Thread Information