Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Beyonce, Jennifer Garner, Jane Lynch join 'Ban Bossy" campaign

I like the idea behind it, but yeah it's a bit daft. I'm a proud bossy person, I'm also a natural leader and an excellent motivator . I guess I'm up for anything that shows young girls that they can aspire to great things, so I'm not too up in arms about it.
    *DIVA!, witchcurlgirl and Novice like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I'm so sick of all this "self-esteem at all costs" bullshit they are peddling to all the precious little snowflake parents these days. Low self esteem is hardly a problem in kids these days; look around, the majority of kids think they're God's gift to the world since that's what Mommy and Daddy have been preaching since day one. You know what's a bigger problem? Mean, rude, entitled little brats who grow up to be equally detestable adults. Time spent worrying about whether your delicate child is offended by the word bossy could be much better spent teaching them to be kind, caring, intelligent, empathetic young adults. If they develop kick-ass leadership skills on top of all that, that's icing on the cake. If they take to heart your previous teachings, they won't give a shit if people call them bossy, and will probably laugh their asses off about it.

Sorry....kids these days....Get off my lawn!!!
    Not majority of kids feel entitled! If this was so or true there wouldn't be a need for "it gets better!!!"if a bullied kid finds his/her voice then they're perceived as the negative one.. Not the mean entitled little shits!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Anti-Bully programs have nothing to do ending the word Bossy. I agree with Flygirl. I cringe when I see many of the programs being used in schools, and rec sports today. Not everyone is a winner at everything. IMO Our time would be much better spent focusing these programs on how to deal with disappointment and to finds your strengths that may be in another area. I would prefer that there be a conversation about why some people prefer to use words like Bossy as a negative and how it is their probelm, not ours. Perhaps then we would get through to the people using the word so they can see how they are limiting themselves by marginalizing others. Even the anti-bullying programs needs to shift to reality. We focus too much on zero tolerance and go overboard on calling everything bullying. All the kids are learning is to complain and say they are bullied whenever their feelings are hurt. The true victims of bullying are getting lost.
    Last edited by sluce; March 11th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Laurent, coolade, Alysheba and 4 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

trying to ban any word is stupid, but i'm totally cool with anything that teaches girls/women that's it's cool to be assertive.
    sputnik, sluce, Karistiona and 8 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If I didn't have bossy women in my life, I would be out delivering free gazettes or trying to become a professional videogamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I'm so sick of all this "self-esteem at all costs" bullshit they are peddling to all the precious little snowflake parents these days. Low self esteem is hardly a problem in kids these days; look around, the majority of kids think they're God's gift to the world since that's what Mommy and Daddy have been preaching since day one. You know what's a bigger problem? Mean, rude, entitled little brats who grow up to be equally detestable adults. Time spent worrying about whether your delicate child is offended by the word bossy could be much better spent teaching them to be kind, caring, intelligent, empathetic young adults. If they develop kick-ass leadership skills on top of all that, that's icing on the cake. If they take to heart your previous teachings, they won't give a shit if people call them bossy, and will probably laugh their asses off about it.

Sorry....kids these days....Get off my lawn!!!

This 100%

I can't stand these overly p.c. assholes.
    JWL, joebob, firebrat1229 and 1 others like this.

Stupid political correctness. This is so silly.

The problem isn't so much in the word as it is in how some people use it to diminish and put down women and girls who are assertive. Ban the word and some other slight will take its place. It's the attitude that needs to change.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Beyonce needs to shut the fuck up.. 'im the boss' bitch your whole career has been run either by your dad or now your husband.. she is just another puppet, I do not believe a single thing she does is her idea, she is just another puppet
    Beeyotch and SillyME54 like this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

We teach girls to shrink themselves -
    To make themselves smaller -
    We say to girls "You can have ambition -
    But not too much -
    You should aim to be successful -
    But not too successful -
    Otherwise you will threaten the man"

- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 11th, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

You have a woman in management doing her job and she gets called a bossy bitch, when a man is the same position gets called the boss. I have seen this shit happen time and time again.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Not majority of kids feel entitled! If this was so or true there wouldn't be a need for "it gets better!!!"if a bullied kid finds his/her voice then they're perceived as the negative one.. Not the mean entitled little shits!
    Im sorry i wasnt clear; my post was a little harsher than i intended it to be. The mean rude brats I was referring to are those bullies, definitely not the bullied ones. I have a "different" child, and these threads are sprinkled with my thoughts on bullies, both child and adult. (trust me, you don't want to hear them again) Rather than spending the majority of our time together pumping up his ego, I have taught him to be kind to others, and most of all, to be resilient. The world is full of shitty, mean people and unfortunately, hes going to have to deal with them even starting in preschool. Self-esteem is a great thing, but I think learning empathy and consideration for others is equally if not moreso important. The world is not going to remember or even care how you treated or what you thought about yourself. To me, self confidence arises naturally when you know you are living your life and treating others the way you should, no matter the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I like the idea behind it, but yeah it's a bit daft. I'm a proud bossy person, I'm also a natural leader and an excellent motivator . I guess I'm up for anything that shows young girls that they can aspire to great things, so I'm not too up in arms about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Anti-Bully programs have nothing to do ending the word Bossy. I agree with Flygirl. I cringe when I see many of the programs being used in schools, and rec sports today. Not everyone is a winner at everything. IMO Our time would be much better spent focusing these programs on how to deal with disappointment and to finds your strengths that may be in another area. I would prefer that there be a conversation about why some people prefer to use words like Bossy as a negative and how it is their probelm, not ours. Perhaps then we would get through to the people using the word so they can see how they are limiting themselves by marginalizing others. Even the anti-bullying programs needs to shift to reality. We focus too much on zero tolerance and go overboard on calling everything bullying. All the kids are learning is to complain and say they are bullied whenever their feelings are hurt. The true victims of bullying are getting lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    trying to ban any word is stupid, but i'm totally cool with anything that teaches girls/women that's it's cool to be assertive.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The problem isn't so much in the word as it is in how some people use it to diminish and put down women and girls who are assertive. Ban the word and some other slight will take its place. It's the attitude that needs to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    We teach girls to shrink themselves - To make themselves smaller - We say to girls "You can have ambition - But not too much - You should aim to be successful - But not too successful - Otherwise you will threaten the man" - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
    See, there y'all go again. I rant and rave like a manic lunatic trying to get my point across in a post, and you all come in and sum it up so eloquently. What they said^^^^^^
    NickiDrea likes this.

my post was a little harsher than i intended it to be.
    I rant and rave like a manic lunatic trying to get my point across in a post
    This is my favorite type of posting!

Where is George Carlin when we need him? I say we add Bossy to the Seven Dirty Words.
    sluce likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information