Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Beyoncé is pregnant with twins.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Too bad. I love good Mexican food. I feel that much poorer because I'm on the East Coast and it's not as good here as it is in Mexico and California.
    gotcha.

yeah, i was never able to get great mexican food on the east coast. really good mexican food in LA and SF (particularly the mission). i've even had good mexican in denver.
    BITTER likes this.

There's this little Mexican restaurant in Homestead (South Dade) that we like, plus you can bring your own beer or wine and they'll provide the ice bucket so it's super cheap. Beeyotch if you see this, it's called El Toro Taco.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Too bad. I love good Mexican food. I feel that much poorer because I'm on the East Coast and it's not as good here as it is in Mexico and California.
    I'm sure it's better on the west cost, but my favorite is Taqueria La Veracruzana on Washington Ave. Prices are cheap, and the food is wonderful. Check their reviews on Yelp.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I remember when Beyonce announced she was pregnant with Blue Ivy, she performed at some awards show and was dancing around, towards the end she revealed her pregnancy .

This time round, she was sitting down or walking around. No heels.

Wisher2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    gotcha.

yeah, i was never able to get great mexican food on the east coast. really good mexican food in LA and SF (particularly the mission). i've even had good mexican in denver.
    They have "upscale" Mexican places in Philly, which defeats the purpose of Mexican food. The ingredients are simple, but the prep is very labor-intensive...maybe that is why they charge a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I'm sure it's better on the west cost, but my favorite is Taqueria La Veracruzana on Washington Ave. Prices are cheap, and the food is wonderful. Check their reviews on Yelp.
    I see that place whenever I walk home via 15th Street. Is it better than Rosario's on 15th & Wharton (that one is closer to me). Rosario's is good, but can get surprisingly pricey.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    gotcha.

See, I never found good mexican in SF. The most popular restaurant in the mission, Puerto Alegre, I thought was super mediocre to terrible, and mostly about getting drunk. And those huge-ass burritos are not what mexican food is to me. My litmus test for good Mexcian food is how well they can do a red or green cheese enchilada. Next, how good their salsa is, and then whether they use the right peppers.

I did find my niche in L.A. (El Cholo was a favorite nice sit-down place) and countless little mom-and-pop shops that were too far away from me though.

Perhaps predictably, I am having a hard time finding great mexican in Miami, so I'll definitely try El Toro Taco (thanks Shellee!). I've heard that Homestead is where Mexican food is at but I think it takes us 45 min to get there, so it's hard to justify the trip just for that. The best place I've found near us (Paquitos in North Miami) is still so-so.

In Florida, I was most impressed by a place in Gainesville, though (La Fiesta). They knew how to infuse flavor into everything, and without lard. I think they cooked with just the right amount of garlic, onions and salt. Their salsas and sauces were on point, and they fried everything just right, not too oily just enough to bring out flavor/texture.

**I totally forgot that this was a Beyonce thread. But I like it this way much better.
    Wisher2 likes this.

I want mexican for lunch now.
    Wisher2, gas_chick, BITTER and 1 others like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I'm having mad cravings for crusty bread dipped in salsa. I may have to make a side-trip on my way home tonight...
    Wisher2 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    See, I never found good mexican in SF. The most popular restaurant in the mission, Puerto Alegre, I thought was super mediocre to terrible, and mostly about getting drunk. And those huge-ass burritos are not what mexican food is to me. My litmus test for good Mexcian food is how well they can do a red or green cheese enchilada. Next, how good their salsa is, and then whether they use the right peppers.

I did find my niche in L.A. (El Cholo was a favorite nice sit-down place) and countless little mom-and-pop shops that were too far away from me though.

Perhaps predictably, I am having a hard time finding great mexican in Miami, so I'll definitely try El Toro Taco (thanks Shellee!). I've heard that Homestead is where Mexican food is at but I think it takes us 45 min to get there, so it's hard to justify the trip just for that. The best place I've found near us (Paquitos in North Miami) is still so-so.

In Florida, I was most impressed by a place in Gainesville, though (La Fiesta). They knew how to infuse flavor into everything, and without lard. I think they cooked with just the right amount of garlic, onions and salt. Their salsas and sauces were on point, and they fried everything just right, not too oily just enough to bring out flavor/texture.

**I totally forgot that this was a Beyonce thread. But I like it this way much better.
    mexican food is kinda spotty in SF. but i've definitely been to some tiny (like <10 tables) places in the mission that were great.

puerto alegre is the mexican food blondies (not sure if you remember that place from your time in SF). not on my hit list.

I remember blondie's had some drinks there, was unimpressed. Those places were not my speed. When I lived there in 2005-6 it seemed like they were trendy for a lot of Marina people who thought they were living dangerously by coming to the Mission. I'm guessing I never probed deep enough to find the good tiny mexican spots. I spent a lot of time in pubs. And thai restaurants. Also, I was prejudiced because if it seemed like a burrito place, I wasn't interested.

czb

^^^ yeah, i completely agree with you about the marina part.

it's still trendy there, still some marina people about but lots of others as well. down and outs, punks, dogpatch/silicon gulch types. and also oldies like me.

blondies was fun for a while <2000 but then i was listening on the radio and heard that gwyneth was spotted there one night. killed that place for me forever....
    Beeyotch and Wisher2 like this.

Gloopy [typo but I'm keeping it] will do that.
    czb and Wisher2 like this.

A little late, but the thread did turn to food. Good job.
    Beeyotch, czb, Kittylady and 7 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Actually, the thread title should be changed to add "And Bonus Mexican Food"
    Mrs P, Kittylady, Wisher2 and 6 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I had Mexican today and it was fantastic!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information