Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Beyoncé is pregnant with twins.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    it was closed several years ago because it SUCKED. it was called maria maria. it was preceded by the Cantina which is not great, but not as horrid as maria maria. and carlos' dad (or uncle) used to stroll around the cantina and play. when maria maria went out of business, they brought back the Cantina. not sure if carlos is still part of it.
    I did not know anything about this...restaurants are tough businesses to run; I think I read somewhere that the success rate is something like 5% for the first five years. And people who have no business running one always want to open one. Fashion Café, anyone?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Ha, I totally forgot about Fashion Cafe!

^^^I met a guy who went there shortly after the NYC branch opened. He said the food was "unfortunate". Greasy fries, nasty burgers he said.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

“I think that Adele won because she can sing, sing,” Santana told the Australian Associated Press.
    “With all respect to our sister Beyoncé, Beyoncé is very beautiful to look at and it's more like modeling kind of music — music to model a dress — she's not a singer, singer, with all respect to her.”
    Yes, beauuuuutiful.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

czb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I did not know anything about this...restaurants are tough businesses to run; I think I read somewhere that the success rate is something like 5% for the first five years. And people who have no business running one always want to open one. Fashion Café, anyone?
    yeah, the success rate is low. but carlos' business partners were established restauranteurs, so don't think anything was to blame except for the SUCKY food.

places here with bad food, regardless of price point, don't do well. way too much competition.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    yeah, the success rate is low. but carlos' business partners were established restauranteurs, so don't think anything was to blame except for the SUCKY food.

places here with bad food, regardless of price point, don't do well. way too much competition.
    What city and state czb?

I agree with Santana. Adele can really sing and writes her own songs. Though, I'm probably biased as I love Adele and don't really care for Beyonce. Adele, to me, is more focused on the music. While Beyonce is all about the show and the flash. It's different. Beyonce is fine, but I'm never that impressed with her.

Beyonce does work hard to put on a show but I heard Halo on the radio today and was reminded how bad it was. Just a horrible booming noise with no feeling or expression.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    See, I don't have any desire to like Beyonce at all, I'm totally good with hating on her. And she makes that very easy.

And I think it's pretty much proof that it was definitely not a real pregnancy the other time. Her megalomania and her fans have convinced her we're all too stupid to see through all the smoke and mirrors. It's absolutely insane.
    I don't even remember her first pregnancy, I dont recall seeing any photo shoots.

Team Carlos, about time someone was honest about Beyonce. She's a good performer but isnt a true vocalist like Adele.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I don't even remember her first pregnancy, I dont recall seeing any photo shoots.

Team Carlos, about time someone was honest about Beyonce. She's a good performer but isnt a true vocalist like Adele.
    The only one I remember is her on the beach in a bikini, and she just looked like he had Jennifer Aniston's burger belly. Then recently on here, someone posted a torso silhouette in black and white that just looked like she stole it from Pinterest. But no photo shoots.

And talking about restaurants, I never new Carlos had one either. Does Jay-Z still have his 40/40 club? I remember years ago I looked it up, at the Atlantic City location. He had way over priced regular bar food.

Once again, another thread that has changed to a conversation about food. Haha! I'm hungry.
    Waterslide, Wisher2 and arie_skop like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post

I don't remember any photo shoots either, just the collapsing belly when she sat down on that talk show.
    arie_skop likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Team Carlos here. And Team Adele. Beyonce is all about putting on a spectacle. There's not anything wrong with that, per se . . . until people started saying, for whatever reason, that she's some sort of magnificent, one of a kind, savior of all music. And then she began to believe it, too.

Adele, on the other hand, is a (much) better vocalist because she lets the songs and their inherent emotions get the attention. It's about the music, not her ego, so everything seems so much more honest and real, imo.

On another note, I never fully bought into the pillow baby theory for baby #1 - though the footage of the bump folding in on itself when she sat down was fascinating. Now, though? I totally believe it. This is the first time she's been pregnant.
    dolem, arie_skop and sparkles like this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    What city and state czb?
    a small town in the SF bay area.

why? the restaurant closed years ago because it SUCKED. btw, carlos still lives in marin county.
    BITTER likes this.

Too bad. I love good Mexican food. I feel that much poorer because I'm on the East Coast and it's not as good here as it is in Mexico and California.

Quote Originally Posted by weathered1 View Post
    Team Carlos here. And Team Adele. Beyonce is all about putting on a spectacle. There's not anything wrong with that, per se . . . until people started saying, for whatever reason, that she's some sort of magnificent, one of a kind, savior of all music. And then she began to believe it, too.

Adele, on the other hand, is a (much) better vocalist because she lets the songs and their inherent emotions get the attention. It's about the music, not her ego, so everything seems so much more honest and real, imo.

On another note, I never fully bought into the pillow baby theory for baby #1 - though the footage of the bump folding in on itself when she sat down was fascinating. Now, though? I totally believe it. This is the first time she's been pregnant.
    This, exactly. Beyonce is an amazing performer. I have friends who have seen her in concert and they loved her. I think she puts on a great show. She's just not the best, most amazing artist ever.

I wasn't ever sure about the whole pillow baby for Blue Ivy, either. Until she showed up with this crazy spectacle for baby #2.
    weathered1, arie_skop and sparkles like this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information