Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Beyoncé held her album back to give Adele time to shine: patronizing or sweet?

Perhaps Beyonce didn't want to compete and lose out to Adele.

Adele seems to have a much broader fan base compared to Beyonce.

she did us a favour. there would be no room for anyone else on the radio since they would just be overplaying these 2 non-stop if they released albums at the same time.
    arie_skop and Lalasnake like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    she did us a favour. there would be no room for anyone else on the radio since they would just be overplaying these 2 non-stop if they released albums at the same time.
    Probably one of the main reasons I can't listen to the radio!
    darksithbunny and arie_skop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bootspaige View Post
    Why do they have to compete? Sure, there is SOME overlap, but by and large, these are different musicians bringing totally different styles and strengths to the stage. One isn't going to bury the other. If someone is going to purchase A, they will do it regardless of B and vice versa.
    They aren't competing for fans or sales overall. But they can't both debut at number one in the same week or have the #1 hit single at the same time. Someone wins that top spot.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Kanye probably told her to do that. He knows if Adele wins all the awards she would cut a whiny bitch if he tried his Taylor/Beck rant. Actually, that's a damn shame, I would LOVE to see that! Dammit!
    arie_skop and Lalasnake like this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Maybe they need time to wean her off whatever the fuck is making her dead eyed and docile so she's in a fit state to promote it...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Maybe they need time to wean her off whatever the fuck is making her dead eyed and docile so she's in a fit state to promote it...
    I'm pretty indifferent to Beyonce, but the way she's been acting and behaving actually worries me in some way. She only seems alive when she's on stage.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; January 29th, 2016 at 05:34 PM.
    arie_skop and SoCalMarie like this.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Ahem, Bowie did us a favour.
    Serendipity likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Gold Member

Obviously it was done for business reasons - what kind of world would we live in if Beyonce couldn't be number1????

However, I find it exceptionally petty that someone planted a story that Beyonce did this to "let Adele have her moment". Give me a fucking BREAK - Beyonce is throwing HER a bone? Adele couldn't possibly have been number 1 if Beyonce had released her album?? FFS...

If true, it was Beyonce who delayed her album, not Adele. I think that's saying something.

ETA - I'll also add, I'm a little tired of hearing Adele all the time now too, but perhaps the DJs want to hear a real voice rather than the autotuned likes of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. That's why she's on all the bloody time and it makes people sick of her. She has a very pure voice though and its a lot more pleasant to listen to.
    arie_skop likes this.

At the moment, Adele is one of the true singers so that adds to her popularity whereas we are sick of the autotuned singers. I recently heard Selena's new song, ugh this girl cannot sing.

As for Beyonce, I find she keeps releasing the same stuff. Rhiannon's new album should be out this year so wonder if that will go against Beyonce.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I'm pretty indifferent to Beyonce, but the way she's been acting and behaving actually worries me in some way. She only seems alive when she's on stage.
    Agreed. And her behavior is starting to make me think more and more of that blind about (her) another singer that was close to a "Britney-esque" meltdown and how true it's turning out to be. When I first read that BI, I thought it was most likely "overdramatized"/embellished and she's probably had times of being overworked but, not to a point to where she was going to have a shave-my-head type meltdown.

But now, especially with that basketball game vid (in the BI Reveals thread), I'm starting to see that there might be some mental issues (for lack of a better word) there and like Britney, it looks like they (her team of money-motivated people) are just shoving meds down her throat so she can keep performing.
    arie_skop likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Poor Beyonce. She's beaten herself to death for years. Her stage show is not clomping. It's very energetic. Who wouldn't be burnt out by the demands of years of international stardom and all the bs she has had to deal with in her personal life and management? I kinda feel sorry for the price she has paid because I see her as a hard worker.
    arie_skop and SoCalMarie like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information