Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Beth Chapman has throat cancer. Update: RIP

fgg

“Dog the Bounty Hunter” star Beth Chapman died on Wednesday after a battle with throat cancer. She was 51 years old.

Her husband, Duane “Dog the Bounty Hunter” Chapman, confirmed the news via Twitter on Wednesday, writing: “It’s 5:32 in Hawaii, this is the time she would wake up to go hike Koko Head mountain. Only today, she hiked the stairway to heaven. We all love you, Beth. See you on the other side.”

The family confirmed on Sunday that Chapman had been placed in a medically induced coma from her cancer battle.

“Please say your prayers for Beth right now thank you love you,” Duane, 66, tweeted to fans.

Beth announced in 2017 that she’d been diagnosed with stage II throat cancer.

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/26/dog-t...an-dead-at-51/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

How sad. RIP
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

RIP, Beth.

Okay, who else besides me just learned that Beth was Chapman's 5th wife, and that he has 10 children?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    RIP, Beth.

Okay, who else besides me just learned that Beth was Chapman's 5th wife, and that he has 10 children?
    They were together for many years before they married. She was in her late teens when they met. (And he was married to wife #4 at the time.)

Aww fuck, that sucks. She seemed like a genuine lady when it came to the people they had to go after. I really hope her transition on to Glory was peaceful.
    sprynkles and garysgirl1999 like this.

I (who watches very little tv) *loved* their tv show; but it was always Beth’s compassion to the users, the abused and the hopeless that got to me. I was looking at her IG this morning and her “real” persona was so much prettier and softer than tv Beth. Sad news. Go with Grace Beth

^^ She seemed like a kind person and I always thought she had a really pretty face.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Even on IG in the last month she was replying to a lady’s post about not giving up hope because this lady’s child had cancer. That right there.
    holly, Honeythorn, DawnM74 and 8 others like this.

Throat cancer is nearly 100% fatal. I worked with a couple of guys several years ago, neither of which was ever seen without coffee and a smoke. They both passed from throat cancer - and it was painful and devastating money-wise for their families. We held bowling banquets, spaghetti dinners, raffles to help the families cover the medical costs.
    Honeythorn and DawnM74 like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Throat cancer is nearly 100% fatal. I worked with a couple of guys several years ago, neither of which was ever seen without coffee and a smoke. They both passed from throat cancer - and it was painful and devastating money-wise for their families. We held bowling banquets, spaghetti dinners, raffles to help the families cover the medical costs.
    The CFO at the very first real job I had retired after about 7 years. I heard he had developed throat cancer, and before I could even do or say anything he was gone. He had been a smoker, but he had also consumed something like 10 cups of scalding hot coffee a day. I'm not sure which would have been a greater contributor.
    louiswinthorpe111 and Brookie like this.

A*O

If you know the prognosis is that bad (same with pancreatic cancer) then I’d go for the very best palliative care available, but wouldn’t spend (waste?) all that money on futile medical/surgical treatment. Or buy a one way ticket to the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland.
    Mrs P, DawnM74 and Brookie like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I am wondering how the thread title got updated since Honey hasn't been here for over a year. I got all happy thinking maybe she came back. Can Mods do this?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Bronze Member

HPV is also linked to throat cancer.
    Brookie likes this.

Then there's Michael Douglas. V V V V
    Brookie and ConstanceSpry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    There are several kinds of head and necks cancers (commonly called "throat cancer") that are very treatable when caught in stages I & II. There's around an 80% 5 year survival rate for most forms of throat cancer in Stage I and 60& for Stage II. Interestingly, the cancer can be tested to see if it's caused by HPV and if so, has a better treatment response rate.

One of the issues with the mortality rate is many do not get diagnosed until they are in stage III & IV. It's positied many ignore symptoms or they are misdiagnoses/mistreated.

I actually just had a family member diagnosed with Stage II Glottis cancer. Her compaints of sore throat were attributed to reflux. After 2 years of this she was finally sent to a GI. The cancer was found during an endoscopy and no sign of reflux.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information