Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter expecting a cumber-baby

She looks bigger to me. And since they do not have Xray vision (even though they wish they did) you cannot tell how much belly there is down below in the dress pic on May 20th.
    BelledeJour likes this.

ALL of Leibovitz's photos are airbrushed.

I just don't get why there's a photo of her with her obvious bump but then they airbrushed her with a flat stomach in the other photo. There's a candid photo somewhere of her the day after that photo shoot and she's quit big, so maybe they airbrushed it down a little in that first, but she's still obviously pregnant (and they mention her being pregnant in the accompanying article about the dress). Whereas they just made her look flat out not pregnant in the other one, which is silly. It certainly fed into those truthers who think she's faking, but to me it's just a weird editorial decision.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Could be! That Vogue article was all over the place anyway. Maybe they had plans for a bigger story had Benedict Cumberbatch won that Oscar, so who knows why the article and the editorial letter were contradictory with the pics.

ETA these two pics from the same visit to Paris. Those pics in Vogue were definitely altered. Nice proof of their great work as journalists I would say ^_^

Last edited by RobbieLee; May 22nd, 2015 at 04:22 PM.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

I'm not seeing it, any of it. Looks like a pregnant woman to me, a different shape as she gets further along. Maybe my tinfoil isn't tight enough.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I don't care about the size of her bump, but doesn't it seem like she's been fucking pregnant since 2013?

^It feels like it and I was actually thinking that she should be due any day now?!

Why would they fake the pregnancy?
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

In vogue article she said she is due at end of May.
    BelledeJour and lindsaywhit like this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    Why would they fake the pregnancy?
    I honestly don't know. It's just overall a weird celebrity story, I guess. I mean they are rather private, dignified people but loads of pap-pics happened that some might think are staged. They aren't the first celebrity couple to do this, of course.

In vogue article she said she is due at end of May.
    Hm you know just last week I read in a German women magazine that Sophie is due in August. Link (article is in German):
    Benedict Cumberbatch: Bald nur noch Vater?
    The writer of the article might have gotten something wrong or was given unclear info.

By the way, how do you like my signature?
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

So the possible explanation could not be that they were papped because he is a celebrity who is extremely popular? no it has to be some weird conspiracy theory with Harwey Weinstein and hookers. Honestly, I don't see anything weird here. They dated, she got pregnant, they got engaged and married. Baby will pop out any day now. Half of this happened during Oscar season so they were in public eye a lot. But sure, post the pics with forensic lines and google docs with her menstrual cycle overlayed to his filming schedule.
    llamamama likes this.

So the possible explanation could not be that they were papped because he is a celebrity who is extremely popular? no it has to be some weird conspiracy theory with Harwey Weinstein and hookers. Honestly, I don't see anything weird here. They dated, she got pregnant, they got engaged and married. Baby will pop out any day now. Half of this happened during Oscar season so they were in public eye a lot. But sure, post the pics with forensic lines and google docs with her menstrual cycle overlayed to his filming schedule.
    Some of pap shots seem very staged though. He looks in the camera and/or they were taken at remote locations which arenít your usually paparazzi hotspots. Plus, donít know if you know this, but he claims to be extremely paranoid about sneaky pics and can spot people invading his privacy very easily and wonít hesitate to tell them off. Yet, all those pics happened and not a sign of protest from him. I donít know, as I said heís not the first celeb to call the paps, but the pretend of being outraged by ĄKardashianď antics when you do similar things is odd.

The distasteful Blind Item rumors are crap, most of Blind Items are always wrong and I donít think people should pay any attention to them, only maybe in retrospect.

And sure oldest story in the world: Acquaintances fall in love, try to become pregnant, engagement ad in the paper etc. About Oscar season timing? Well, Keira Knightley is similar with her baby if you want and Eddie Redmayne is similar with his wedding. So what? Actually, Iím with Eddie, who very sweetly consoled Benedict when Benedict lost one of the many awards against Eddie this year.

ďThe Imitation Game has done breathtaking business and Benedict has a lot on his plate anyway. Heís having a baby, heís getting married. Iím sure, I know heís a very happy man.Ē

I couldnít say it any better than dear Eddie. ^_^

About the belly pics: K., then I do have to apologize for posting them! I just thought it would have some fun to see them. But if people are offended, Iím sorry. I mean the half-naked ones are total invasion of their privacy and I can understand if you'd rather not have them on gossiprock!
    Here are some pretty pics to make up, but he looks a little like Butt-Head again.

I don't understand this whole faking a pregnancy thing. Makes no sense to me. I feel sorry for this girl, her life is being ripped apart because of the man she married.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I don't understand this whole faking a pregnancy thing. Makes no sense to me. I feel sorry for this girl, her life is being ripped apart because of the man she married.
    Those Cumberbitches are something else. I swear some of them would rather he was gay because then he could be like, OMG, like, totally their gay BFForevaaaaah and then there would be some other reason for him not wanting to knob them other than the fact that he doesn't fucking know they exist and probably wouldn't go there anyway.

Whatever the deal is, this is his life and his choice and they need to get the fuck over it. He's 38 years old, has lead an interesting and varied life (thanks Wikipedia!) and is just as in demand for theater, narration and radio drama as he is for films and if these crazies get to be too fucking much he could quite easily walk away from Hollywood and still be able to put plenty of food on the table for the rest of his life, leaving the nutjobs to weep over their Sherlock box sets for ever more.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLee View Post
    About the belly pics: K., then I do have to apologize for posting them! I just thought it would have some fun to see them. But if people are offended, I’m sorry. I mean the half-naked ones are total invasion of their privacy and I can understand if you'd rather not have them on gossiprock!
    I didn't mind!!
    BelledeJour likes this.

If anyone cares, that German mag "Freundin" that I mentioned seems to insist that the baby is due in August. They just published another article with that info today. Which is awesome, as I like "leo" as a zodiac sign.

Although it's also weird, because Sophie got interviewed by Vogue in Winter and said her due date was end of May and usually celebs tell the press a due date that is later than the actual one. Also she's about to direct a play for a festival end of July. There was an article which mentions the due date May as it gives her two months to recover before the festival.

"Notable for its atmospheric venues, including remote islands and underground caves, the festival will make use of the Necarne Equestrian Centre at the ruined Necarne Castle for a production of Benjamin Britten’s last vocal work, Phaedra. A short cantata for mezzo-soprano and chamber orchestra, it is being directed by Sophie Hunter, newly married to actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
    Ms Hunter’s Happy Days commitment comes only two months after she is due to give birth to the couple’s first baby in late May. “I have a very good team,” she said at the launch."

Happy Days Beckett Festival 2015: Samuel Beckett play All That Fall to be performed in the dark - News - Theatre & Dance - The Independent

Maybe the baby has already been born by now and the German mag is badly written and researched. Says a lot about gossip journalism, doesn't it ?
    Last edited by RobbieLee; June 10th, 2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: additon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information