Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Benedict Cumberbatch Is Engaged to Sophie Hunter

We're all pathetic, that's the first thing I noticed too.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Mmmhmm. No shame in my game.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

That's why I posted it.
    Lalasnake and Sassiness like this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

That might just be Cisco Adler balls.
    Kittylady and Lalasnake like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The cunning game of cat and mouse between England’s greatest detective and his nemesis Professor Moriarty is the stuff of literary legend.
    And it almost seemed as if Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch was trying to outwit his on-screen adversary in real life yesterday, as he took ingenious steps to keep his wedding secret.
    Yet actor Andrew Scott, who plays the master criminal in the latest BBC adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s books, nonetheless managed to find his way to the Isle of Wight church where the ceremony took place.
    Scroll down for video

+17

Sophie Hunter, pictured, arriving for her wedding to Benedict Cumberbatch at St Paul's Church in Mottistone

+17

Nemesis: Benedict Cumberbatch married Sophie Hunter today. Pictured arriving at the church is Andrew Scott, who plays Cumberbatch's arch-rival Moriarty in Sherlock, and actor Tobias Menzies (top left)

+17

Intimate: The hasilty-arranged ceremony, organised to take place before pregnant Hunter gives birth, took place in this church in front of friends and family today

+17

The bride and groom's car, thought to be a classic Mark VII Jaguar, was pictured pulling up to the church today, but there was no sign of Mr Cumberbatch or Miss Hunter

+17

One especially stylish guest, dressed in a cream double-breasted waistcoat and tartan print trousers, waits outside the church on the Isle of Wight this morning

Cumberbatch went to extraordinary lengths to keep his wedding secret, especially from the press and his fans.
    Roads around the village of Mottistone were cordoned off, staff at the hotel where the wedding party celebrated were sworn to secrecy, and, in a particularly deft touch, a white van drew up outside the church at the crucial moment Cumberbatch and his new bride Sophie Hunter emerged, blocking the view.
    The sneaky deployment of the vehicle was a sly echo of the moment in the 2012 TV series when the detective used a truck in the plot to fake his death.

Scott has previously joked about his screen relationship with 38-year-old Cumberbatch, reacting to the recent news that he is to become a dad, by joking: ‘I don’t think Benedict will ask me to be a godfather. I’m his arch nemesis.’
    But he was one of 40 family and friends invited to yesterday’s ceremony at the 12th Century St Peter and St Paul church. Other guests included his War Horse co-star Tom Hiddleston.
    The party arrived there just before 3pm to be greeted by around a dozen wellwishers. They enjoyed fine weather but the rain began to fall when the 36-year-old bride arrived at church wearing a traditional white dress at just after 3.20pm.

+17

Sophie Hunter, left, got married to Hollywood star Benedict Cumberbatch, right, on the Isle of Wight today

+17

In Sherlock, Cumberbatch was best man at sidekick Wason's wedding - while in real life, Martin Freeman is thought to have been Cumberbatch's best man

+17

+17

Guests arrive ahead of the ceremony today. Martin Freeman, who plays Watson in BBC series Sherlock, was expected to be the best man

+17

It was thought that Keira Knightley, who starred alongside Cumberbatch in the Imitation Game would attend, but she was spotted in LA today

+17

+17

Invatations were sent to guests via email because the ceremony was organised at short notice, believed to be because the couple wanted it to take place before Miss Hunter gave birth

After the hour-long ceremony, the couple climbed into a car to drive the short distance to Mottistone Manor for their reception.
    Cumberbatch’s choice of the Isle of Wight came as a surprise to local residents who had no idea why he had chosen the island. But bride Sophie, a theatre and opera director, is thought to be distantly related to the first Lord Mottistone.
    Cumberbatch’s hopes to keep the ceremony entirely secret were foiled when marquees began to appear in the grounds of the manor and road closure signs were erected close to the church.
    The star is believed to have spent Friday night at the George Hotel in Yarmouth on the island. That evening, he joined 140 guests for a party there. Staff were sworn to secrecy but one employee said: ‘Benedict had a big party here on Friday night. There were about 140 people and it was a buffet meal. We have all been told to keep quiet about it and not tell anyone.’

+17

The happy couple have known each other for five years, but were dating for just five months before the engagement was announced (pictured, guests arrive at the church today)

Benedict Cumberbatch discusses way he announced engagement

+17

Intimate: The couple had been publicly dating for just five months before the wedding was announced

+17

Close: Cumberbatch's Sherlock co-star Martin Freeman, , is understood to be best man

Several of the partygoers spent the night in the hotel. And yesterday morning, locals joined in the pre-wedding excitement by posting a series of tweets. Local councillor Chris Whitehouse wrote: ‘Isle of Wight’s gone mad with Benedict Cumberbatch marriage fever this morning. Fans of both genders flocking to Mottistone for a glimpse.’
    Another added: ‘So if everyone is camped out at Mottistone church to gatecrash the celeb wedding, does that mean Sainsbury’s will be nice and quiet?’
    There had been speculation that Martin Freeman, who plays Dr Watson to Cumberbatch’s Sherlock, may have been best man. But Freeman’s partner Amanda Abbington said such rumours were ‘bowel-shatteringly, mind-numbingly wrong’.
    Cumberbatch is also a frontrunner to take the Best Actor award at next weekend’s Oscars, thanks to his acclaimed performance as the gay Bletchley Park codebreaker Alan Turing in The Imitation Game.

Benedict Cumberbatch cuddles up to fiancee at Golden Globes

+17

Spotted: The pair were first seen watching the French Open tennis together in Paris in June

+17

Tying the knot: News of the wedding comes just three months after their engagement was announced in Forthcoming Marriages section of The Times newspaper on November 5

Benedict Cumberbatch cuddles up to fiancee on red carpet

Read more: Benedict Cumberbatch marries Sophie Hunter in Valentine's Day ceremony | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Well I hope they release the pics to the tabloids, because I want to see the pretty wedding with the pretty guests in the pretty church.
    BelledeJour likes this.

They look like they hate each other. I predict a messy divorce (in a few months) where he goes for full custody.

nah, they're way too posh to be tabloid fodder. they'd rather suffer and cheat in silence.

i don't get a hate vibe from them at all though. i think they're from similarly posh backgrounds and very reserved, and probably very well suited for each other.
    czb, redcat and Kittylady like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I still say his elongated head looks kind of strange. I fail to see what is supposed to be so attractive about him.
    Brookie, kasippu, redcat and 2 others like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I still say his elongated head looks kind of strange. I fail to see what is supposed to be so attractive about him.
    Thank you!

They hardly "kept it secret." They confirmed the date and location to Us Weekly, People and Mirror the before the wedding, and every one of their vendors promoted it on social media. I can't remember which site I saw it on, but there were photos of them leaving the island via helicopter and posing in front of the chopper for some photographers who are probably with Hello! or OK!, one of those tabs.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I hope we get to see some pictures - I have really high expectations about her dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post

Tom H was present in the wedding.
    My god.

(I thought we all deserved to see this pic again)
    Brookie, Linne, Lalasnake and 1 others like this.

I don't think they confirmed the wedding date or location. Only thing that has come from his publicist is that "Yes, they were married yesterday". The date and location was leaked to the paps on Thursday or Friday when everyone on the island started to tweet about the Cumberbatch wedding guests arriving. He is an A list star at the moment, I don't think he needs to invite paparazzis and stage a photos with them.

I can't believe I'm defending him again, I don't even like him that much But the meltdown of the cumberbitches has been too entertaining to watch. Yesterday they were sure that they are not married because they didn't see a ring in his finger (it was on his left hand). Now they are counting days until he divorces her. I'm not sure which theory was best, that she glued on the belly for Baftas or that they must be secretly adopting (because no way Ben is having sex with that hussy).
    Last edited by Linne; February 17th, 2015 at 03:34 AM.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    nah, they're way too posh to be tabloid fodder. they'd rather suffer and cheat in silence.

i don't get a hate vibe from them at all though. i think they're from similarly posh backgrounds and very reserved, and probably very well suited for each other.
    Yeah. Added to that the miles of interview comments from the last few years from him about wanting to settle down and have kids, I actually think this might be legit - he wanted to get married and have kids, who knows what she wanted but let's assume it was the same thing. The common people have these random "oh fuck I'm in my thirties - this person feels right, let's get married" moments, so why not these toffy actors too??
    Linne, BelledeJour and Kittylady like this.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information