Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben Stiller praises Tom Cruise (aka attempt #267 at rebuilding Tom's image)

Gold Member

What is going on with Ben Stiller? Maybe this movie is good (although I don't think I'll see it - at least in the theatre), but like Mike Myers, his recent movies haven't worked for me, like he's lost most of his sense of humor.
    Last edited by cherrybaby; August 8th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.

IMO, any time you have Tom Cruise disguised in a fat suit and singing and dancing in your movie, you've reached the bottom of the pit.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyka View Post
    See, here's the thing..... when one of Tom's 'friends' comes out and praises him it doesn't make me think better of Tom. It makes me think less of the friend.

But that's just me. (shrugs)
    Same here, and I didn't think it was possible to think less of Ben Stiller.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    Ya, I dunno, my feelings on Tom Cruise are this - I can't be mad at someone who has been corrupted by a cult because I have nothing but sympathy for them.

He has been brainwashed by a powerful cult organization acting as a religion and they have completely invaded his life and his whole sense of being.

I can only feel sorry for Tom because he was looking for something at some point and they got their hooks in him and now he is gone.

I get mad at the institution, not the individual.

Please, don't feel bad for these psycho cult members, they are respponsible for themselves and ruining the lives of innocent others.
    Institutions are made up of individuals, these individuals are accountable for their actions.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Ben Stiller, you used to a funny funny guy. What are you saying? Do you KNOW what you're saying? If you're trying to telll us to like Tom Cruise you are a fuckwit and you have lost all my respect. Tom Cruise just doesnt rate anymore. Well no higher than a hamster and he would have to stand on tiptoe to shake ones hand. Yes I do feel sorry for the little guy as he has been brainwashed into a coma and he has nothing and no one to tell him the truth. He thinks HE is the truth. Stupid dickhead.
    Jack I swear.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Personally I don't feel sorry for Tom Cruise, I should b/c he lost his hot factor when he became a scientologist, he also lost his ability to act. He sucks.

I don't think Ben could ever act so if he put Tom Cruise in the movie hoping it would help sell tickets he's made a huge error.

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    I think Tom would be classed as mentally deranged even if he wasnt in co$...co$ is just the icing on the cake. Co$ didnt make him jump on a couch...
    Yeah, I think his nickname used to be "Laserhead." He always had the potential for couch-jumping. He has always been a hyperactive, intense little guy.

I thought he turned in a surprisingly good performance in "Minority Report," but otherwise...meh.

That sucks. I'll still "find a way to obtain" the movie, but I really wanted to support Robert Downey Jr. in a comedy.

Fuck you, Tommy! and apparently Ben Stiller by transference.

Bronze Member

Until I saw this photo, I didn't realize there was any adult in Hollywood shorter than Tom - guess I was wrong!

Hyacinth

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

He only has a small cameo in the film. If you didn't know it was him, you wouldn't know it was him.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamund View Post
    Yeah, I think his nickname used to be "Laserhead." He always had the potential for couch-jumping. He has always been a hyperactive, intense little guy.

I thought he turned in a surprisingly good performance in "Minority Report," but otherwise...meh.
    I'd forgotten until watching Born on the Fourth of July on TV tonight what a good actor he used to be. He was also good in The Color of Money. He needs a strong director who stands up to his BSci.

SVZ

he shouda stopped at zoolander

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information