Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Ben Affleck still 'touches base' with Jennifer Lopez

Elite Member

My subjective opinion is that Ben knows Jen and the kids are good for him. They keep him rooted, and out of trouble (mostly.) Doe it rankle him to grow older and be saddled with this stable relationship and the kids? Oh hell yes. But the situation forces him to focus on directing and writing rather than blowing money at Blackjack and strippers.

Ben got what he needed with Garner, not necessarily what he wanted. It happens to a lot of us.
    Novice, Seapharris7 and stef like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

In other words, Ben really is like your average dude.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Neve View Post
    My impression is based on Ben's comments and blind items. We can agree to disagree. No biggie.
    You're right. He sound SO fed up & about to leave...

"Affleck, the one-time party boy, now gets up at 6, goes to bed at 9 and has been married for seven years with three children (Violet, Seraphina and Samuel) under age 7. As he discusses married life, Garner, about to fly to New York, calls on his cell.
    "Hey, love, are you on the plane?" he asks gently. "I'm in an interview right now, but I love you very much." Then he quips that her trip is doubly traumatic for the actress, "First, 'cause she's away from the kids, second, 'cause I'm in charge.""

""The stalker had been to our house many times and ultimately came to my children's school and was arrested," notes Affleck of Steven Burky, who was deemed insane in 2010 then placed in a mental ward and ordered to stay away from the Affleck family for 10 years. "It gave me a stronger sense of feeling protective about my family. There's a lot of crazy, weird people out there. It's an ugly world.""
    (One might want to take that as a warning...)

"As to his other interests: "Kids eat up that kind of hobby time," he admits. "I used to ride motorcycles. I used to play basketball. And now basically I'm at home with them, or I work.""

And lastly the full quote about his wife..
    "Getting there was a direct result of the decision Affleck made around 2004.
    "I was frustrated with the movies that I had done," he explains. "I knew that I had something to offer. I said: 'Here are the things I'd like to do: I want to direct movies, and I want to be in a movie that I'm enormously proud of. I want to have kids.' I set out goals. It was a bold thing because when one is accustomed to falling short, as I had been, one becomes fearful of making predictions. But I did."
    Garner, whom he met on Daredevil, contributed to this thinking. "Jennifer played such a profound role in making me a better person," says Affleck. "We don't have a perfect marriage, but she inspired me; and finding myself in that marriage and having a child dovetailed with getting to be a little more mature."
    Asked what drew him to his wife, he considers. "She truly is kind," he says. "She means no one any harm. She doesn't have ill will for any person. She's not competitive with other people. She's not spiteful."
    He laughs. "It's one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, 'F-- him!' I see in her face that she just thinks that's petty and small.""

Yeah, he sounds really unhappy to me.
    Karistiona likes this.

Bronze Member

1. Ben was in the middle of an interview, why wouldn't he speak address his wife that way on the phone?

2. Of course, he would be concerned if someone was stalking his children. That makes sense. I wasn't saying he hated his children.

3. You can speak admirably about you mate and still be over the marriage.

I'm fine with discussing different opinions and perceptions and I can do that respectfully. But I'm not interested in the nastiness and hostility. It's completely unnecessary and I'm not even sure where it's coming from. Unless you are simply a huge fan of Jennifer/Ben's relationship and the fact that I question it annoys you? But this is a gossip forum after all...

czb

^^^ maybe i am overtired but who is being hostile to you? all i see is some posters who disagree with you. and i'm not aware of any ben/jen fantards on this site.

1. Ben was in the middle of an interview, why wouldn't he speak address his wife that way on the phone?

2. Of course, he would be concerned if someone was stalking his children. That makes sense. I wasn't saying he hated his children.

3. You can speak admirably about you mate and still be over the marriage.

I'm fine with discussing different opinions and perceptions and I can do that respectfully. But I'm not interested in the nastiness and hostility. It's completely unnecessary and I'm not even sure where it's coming from. Unless you are simply a huge fan of Jennifer/Ben's relationship and the fact that I question it annoys you? But this is a gossip forum after all...
    I think one of the problems is that (to me) it kind of doesn't jibe with what you said earlier:

He is so obnoxious. I think he talks about being a father and Jenn G the way the does because he hopes she will just get sick of him and leave. He is so over that marriage.

I'm surrounded in a sea of mom's and dad's and I don't know of any guys whose tactic is to talk warmly of and to their wives in the hope that they will get sick of them and go away. That seems kind of counterintuitive. In my opinion, it kind of sounds like a guy who knows that he has to work every day on his relationship, and spend some time focusing on what still draws him to his spouse. I've known guys in the process of heading toward a divorce, and usually they describe their spouse as something cold and reptilian. Admittedly, you are usually tring to put forward a positive persona when you give an interview, but I think it's more likely he would have brushed off the question or given a shorter answer if he had checked out on the relationship.
    Novice, Karistiona and Seapharris7 like this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think one of the problems is that (to me) it kind of doesn't jibe with what you said earlier:
    He is so obnoxious. I think he talks about being a father and Jenn G the way the does because he hopes she will just get sick of him and leave. He is so over that marriage.

I'm surrounded in a sea of mom's and dad's and I don't know of any guys whose tactic is to talk warmly of and to their wives in the hope that they will get sick of them and go away. That seems kind of counterintuitive.

Okay, I see your point. I don't get the snarky Bambi comments though.

Anyway to clarify my comment, I think Ben sounds detached when he talks about marriage and fatherhood. He admitted to not being “present” in his life and leaving most things to Jenn. If all the rumors about his cheating are true and he really is tired of married life, I do wonder if he hopes that she will leave on her own so that he will not look like the bad guy. I was not saying that he speaks well of her to make her leave.

In my opinion, it kind of sounds like a guy who knows that he has to work every day on his relationship, and spend some time focusing on what still draws him to his spouse.
    Maybe.

I've known guys in the process of heading toward a divorce, and usually they describe their spouse as something cold and reptilian.
    That's not always the case, some people lose romantic love and want to move on but they don't hate their mates.

Admittedly, you are usually tring to put forward a positive persona when you give an interview, but I think it's more likely he would have brushed off the question or given a shorter answer if he had checked out on the relationship.
    A lot of people check out of a relationship before they admit to anyone else. How often do celebs project the image of a stable relationship just to eventually break up?

You just got here, it will take a while to catch on to inside board jokes.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

[SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]

Yup, as Witchcurlgirl kind of implied (or I inferred) there are a lot of inside jokes based on posts from regular users, Bambi being a prime (almost satirical) example. And wait til you see me make an ass out of myself. All you have to do is wait about 20 minutes or so, although I'm probably being a little optimistic.

you could make her a pie chart, darling.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    I think Ben & Jen look like they love being parents, hell, maybe that's all there really is left. It's not like we havent heard about two people staying really good friends & being good co-parents even if the hot romance is dead between them...
    This exactly ^ This is how I see them too.

I don't see much sexual chemistry with them, and yes, I know many couples lose that after a few years together, but that doesn't mean they don't want it, and won't eventually tire of only having a friendship with their mate. Some will and some won't, so I guess time will tell.

I think she adores him and he fits what she wants in a man, his good traits outweigh his bad, to her. I also really do think she has that type of personality that sees sacrificing your own personal emotional desires for the benefit of your faimly unit as being a rewarding thing.

I see him as being very proud to be where he is at this point in his life with the wife and kids, a stable career. I think he will stay in this marriage unless something comes along and smacks him upside the head and he can't resist.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; October 16th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Yup, as Witchcurlgirl kind of implied (or I inferred) there are a lot of inside jokes based on posts from regular users, Bambi being a prime (almost satirical) example. And wait til you see me make an ass out of myself. All you have to do is wait about 20 minutes or so, although I'm probably being a little optimistic.
    *cough 10 minutes
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Lawd baby is not amused with this thread.
    shedevilang and Mel1973 like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

So who is?

Mohandas is there some sort of insightful comment/make a twat out of yourself timeline type thing you could make for us? Maybe with sliders for more/less twatty posters to calculate.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information