Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree799Likes

Thread: Ben Affleck’s new girlfriend

Elite Member

I honestly don't know why Jennifer keeps mothering him. No matter how long he stays sober, he can still have a relapse the day after the divorce. She can't save him, he has to save himself. And she can be just as supportive after the divorce as she is now.
    Kittylady likes this.

I'm glad this didn't end up being me. The divorce ended up sobering up MrD. Maybe she should go through with it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think there's some kind of Priscilla Presley dealio going on. The divorce is a bit sketchy and she's still trying to control the (inevitable?) narrative.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I can't imagine having to raise daughters with a middle-aged man-child who was okay with fucking girls only 10 years older than our oldest daughter.

I feel for the daughters most of all.
    holly likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Ben Affleck stopped at Jack in the Box on the way to rehab

Ben Affleck appeared to be in bad shape before he was whisked away to rehab by soon-to-be ex-wife Jennifer Garner.

Paparazzi shots show the troubled actor, 46, looking sweaty and dazed in the back of a black Range Rover driven by Garner, also 46.

A second woman accompanying the former couple was also spotted in the passenger seat.

Before checking into treatment, Garner stopped at a nearby Jack in the Box to pick up a meal for an ailing Affleck.

Other snapshots show Garner, who wore sunglasses, handing a greasy bag of food to Affleck in the backseat.

As previously reported, Garner staged an intervention for Affleck on Wednesday.

Insiders say the Batman actor had been “struggling” since partying ways with girlfriend Lindsay Shookus.

Since then, he’s been parading around town with Playboy playmate Shauna Sexton.

“He’s having a tough time. It’s unclear what his relationship is with Lindsay and he still has his relationship with Jen. It’s not easy and he’s struggled with staying on a straight path before.”

Affleck was photographed receiving a shipment of booze at this home on Monday.

He previously checked into rehab for treatment in 2001 and again in 2017.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/23/ben-a...-way-to-rehab/

it is food, not a barf bag. LOL.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I am glad he's agreed to go. I had no idea he's been to rehab at all, or so many times. Maybe this will be the time it works for him. He is lucky to have people who still care for him. Sometimes drunks burn all their bridges and end up alone.
    Kittylady, holly and gas_chick like this.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be piling on Jen. The world knows how in love with this guy she has always been, but right now her concern has to be for the father of her children. The TMZ narrative is that she went to his house to plead with him, but she didn't have to because he wanted to go. Seems just as likely to me that the other woman in the car is part of his sobriety 'team' and that she talked him into going and he asked Jen to take him. I know this scenario, because I lived it, and to a certain extent still occasionally do. In order to get away from the cycle and keep my children safe from drunken, belligerent behavior, (including driving with them in the car) I moved literally across the world from him.

Yes, of course she should take herself out of the equation, but he lives across the street from their three children. I feel for her... for him, not so much.

fgg

tmz had a post yesterday or the day before with pics of him getting alcohol delivered. i can't find that post anymore but they are included at the below link:

Ben Affleck Seeks Help and Back in Rehab After Intervention by Jen Garner | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

it's not piling on so much as pointing out that she's obviously co-dependent and probably needs to feel needed, and likes being the sainted martyr in this situation. she can do the best for her kids without still trying to control ben's life, and breaking the co-dependent cycle.
    effie2 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's not piling on so much as pointing out that she's obviously co-dependent and probably needs to feel needed, and likes being the sainted martyr in this situation. she can do the best for her kids without still trying to control ben's life, and breaking the co-dependent cycle.
    How? I'm not being snarky, I genuinely don't know, and would love some input.

(This is the second time today I've said I'm not being snarky, and it ends now. )
    sputnik likes this.

^^^^
    finalize the divorce. settle all the financial issues so her kids are taken care of, regardless of whether or not their dad ever gets his shit together. she can't make him get better, she can't make him turn into a responsible, reliable adult and father, only he can. i mean, isn't it basic al-anon? change the things you can, accept that there are things (and people) you can't change.
    Last edited by sputnik; August 23rd, 2018 at 10:49 AM.
    czb, effie2, lindsaywhit and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

When you have kids together I know exactly how difficult it is. Mine was 15 and it was hard. I can't imagine if I had three as young as hers who still need their father. Even though they aren't together I can understand this involvement. No it's not good for her and maybe she should move on for her own sake. But even saying that, I can understand.

With my Hollywood glasses on, all I see is control of the money and possibly a future conservatorship. He hasn't changed much from when they first got together. He was always into gambling and womanizing.
    effie2 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    When you have kids together I know exactly how difficult it is. Mine was 15 and it was hard. I can't imagine if I had three as young as hers who still need their father. Even though they aren't together I can understand this involvement. No it's not good for her and maybe she should move on for her own sake. But even saying that, I can understand.
    i didn't say it was easy. i'm just not jumping on the 'jen's a saint' bandwagon because of the strong whiff of control freak martyr and co-dependency.

I dont think she dated anybody since they broke up..she wont let go..either love,or money,or need to be needed,or thinking she acts for the kid.s benefit..she doesnt let go!The kids dont need an alkie around,they deserve a decent parent.She cant make him.Only he can.Time to cut all loose ends,move away with her kids and start afresh.He can be in their life when he has something to offer,except heartbreak..

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information