Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Ben Affleck to live on $1.50 a day

It's not for a month, it's for five days.

Ever since he left J-Lo he's tried to lose his bimbo image and I think it's working now.
    Rusalka likes this.

Mmhmm. He's hot and beardy and altruistic.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Celebrities who own mega mansions and private jets should STFU about poverty all together. That includes each and every last one of these pretentious HW assholes. So your pr team told you to support some cause in order to better your image and make even more money? Don't choose poverty, you cynical fucking asshat, have some fucking decency.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I disagree. I support anyone who bring attention to the cause.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Celebrities who own mega mansions and private jets should STFU about poverty all together. That includes each and every last one of these pretentious HW assholes. So your pr team told you to support some cause in order to better your image and make even more money? Don't choose poverty, you cynical fucking asshat, have some fucking decency.
    I kinda see what you're saying. I think it's great that he's bringing attention to a worthy cause but in the end he'll never really know what true poverty is. Like someone else pointed out, he's got a multimillion dollar home that probably is stocked with food, a comfy bed, and all the amenities. He can just stay at home for a week and not spend a dime and still live comfortably. It makes his participation in the cause seem insincere.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Chicken, Beef and shrimp flavorder ramen noodles.
    Sounds like my diet when I was studying. An other of my special meals was instant chicken soup mixed with couscous to get more substance.

Ok so to be sincere he should go live in a hut for 5 days. Would that be an acceptable way to bring attention to poverty? Maybe all of us who have homes should open up at least one bedroom to someone who is homeless. Then we would be showing that we actually care. Or maybe all of us who don't live in poverty should keep our mouths shut and pretend it doesn't exist since it would be insincere to act like we care if we are unwilling to give up all we have.

I am being sarcastic of course. But, I am serious that I give credit to anyone who bring attention to the cause. I can promise you that some people are reading the story and learning for the first time that people DO live on $1.50 per day.
    Mel1973 and Bluebonnet like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If celebrities gave a shit about poverty they wouldn't be so perversly rich. Affleck could buy up Africa if he wanted to. Or South Central LA. He doesn't. He'd rather stay rich. That's his only cause. His "bringing attention to poverty" (lol, you didn't know it existed until now?) doesn't do a damn thing, except bring attention and therefore money to Ben Affleck. Not poverty. Don't get that mixed up. I won't be fooled.

He could give away half of his fortune and still be insanely rich. That would help poverty, but it wouldn't help Ben Affleck. Therefore it will never happen.

If one more insanely rich asshole shows up on my tv screen explaining poverty to me, I will cut a bitch. Pet peeve.
    effie2, dksnj, chartreuse and 6 others like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I still disagree. He, and other wealthy people, have no obligation to give away all his money. We have no idea how much he contributes on his own. Do you live as frugally as possible donate every every extra penny? And yes Chilly - there are people who do not understand that there are people living on $1.50 per day. They know there are poor people but they don't fully comprehend what that means. I am not fooled. He is bringing attention to the cause. If that causes some impressionable kid to realize the scope of poverty, and make a donation, he has accomplished his mission.

There you go,you cynical European..lol.I agree totally and say again there is a pr machine working for him on an oncoming political career.All his and his wife,s moves are calculated up to their kids clothes.Wholesome patriotic all American model family..
    Chilly Willy likes this.

Just because you're not currently experiencing something terrible doesn't mean you can't be empathetic to those who are. I don't think it's a mockery of poverty or something to make Ben Affleck more money. I'm more offended when these douchenozzles try to tell me who to vote for because they are concerned about which tax bracket they are in...
    sluce likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I doubt he would ever run for office. He knows there is too much in the closet and it would all be pulled out and used against him. Like Clooney, he finds a way to support causes but will never take the risk of having his personal life exposed by running for office. Plus people in office have no power. They are merely figure heads whose strings are pulled by people like Clooney and Affleck. The real power is behind the scenes.

Obesity has been a building problem in the US and now in Europe. That shows we are eating too much. So do we have an obligation to stop spending money on so much food and donate the extra money?

On that,Slusie darling,i am totally on board,well said.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I still disagree. He, and other wealthy people, have no obligation to give away all his money. We have no idea how much he contributes on his own. Do you live as frugally as possible donate every every extra penny? And yes Chilly - there are people who do not understand that there are people living on $1.50 per day. They know there are poor people but they don't fully comprehend what that means. I am not fooled. He is bringing attention to the cause. If that causes some impressionable kid to realize the scope of poverty, and make a donation, he has accomplished his mission.
    I don't market myself as a saint the way Affleck does. Therefore comparing my actions to his actions makes no sense. I haven't build a lucrative career on my fake image as a do-gooder. I don't have a totally self-serving campaign to bring attention to the supposed cause. Affleck does.

Oh and you think the general population doesn't *get* poverty, but Hollywood celebrities do? How does that make sense? I would guess it's the other way around.

Again, if Affleck really cared about poverty, he has the means to do something against it. This superficial nonsense helps one cause and one cause only: Affleck.
    -Bugdoll-

weeell,i ve known real hunger growing up in post war Greece and i could happily kick those brats in the mouth..I am sure all those digging for food in the trash cans wont be happy with Affleck,s suffering either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information