Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress

fgg

Jeffrey Dean Morgan glad Ben Affleck apologized to Hilarie Burton

Hilarie Burton’s husband, “The Walking Dead” star Jeffrey Dean Morgan, doesn’t hold any ill will toward Ben Affleck.

When “Entertainment Tonight” asked Morgan if he was glad that the Oscar winner apologized for grabbing Burton’s breast during an MTV interview in 2003, Morgan, 51, replied, “Of course. I don’t want to make a big deal of it because she didn’t, but I think everything that’s come out in the last couple of weeks, starting with Harvey Weinstein — anybody who has talked about it, and even those who haven’t yet, are incredibly brave, and I think it’s time for change. Hopefully all this stuff is going to change this business. It’s prevalent all over and I’m proud of all these women. All women and my wife.”

“She is the most amazing person I’ve ever met … There’s no one stronger than her,” Morgan gushed of Burton, 35. “How she’s able to balance all the things that she balances and be a strong voice for good is amazing and I just couldn’t be more proud. Every single day she does something that amazes me. She has made me such a better person, so I’m a lucky dude.”

Morgan (who, incidentally, played Affleck’s father in “Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice”) and Burton are expecting their second child, which Morgan accidentally revealed will be a baby girl, but the actor revealed that his filming schedule has made parenting preparations pretty tough for the couple.

“We probably should be preparing more, but I’m still working unfortunately,” he admitted. “I got to go home for two days earlier this week. We’re excited. I don’t know how else to put it. A little baby girl, so the family grows. We’re pumped and Gus is excited, so it’s going to be fun.”

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/24/jeffr...ilarie-burton/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I didn't realize she was pregnant again. I hated her so much on One Tree Hill and I should be ashamed to say I watched it at all.
    teforde23 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hilarie Burton Wrote About Being Groped By Ben Affleck In Her New Memoir

May 7, 2020 / Posted by: Mieka

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)]Advertisement

[/COLOR]
    Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas are back to pounding the pavement after spending some quality time in the desert for Ana’s 32nd birthday, away from the paparazzi. Well maybe just Rodrigo was there to take a couple of the candids Ana posted on Instagram, or maybe they brought a tripod. At any rate, they’re back, and while the sun was shining brightly upon their return to Los Angeles, one small, dark cloud rolled in and it was in the form of Hilarie Burton Morgan’s new memoir, The Rural Diaries, which includes a short anecdote about the time Ben groped her breast on air when she was interviewing him for MTV back in 2003. Maybe that’s why BenAna decided to really cause a distraction by wearing coordinating outfits for yesterday’s stroll.
    According to The Blast, Hilarie’s book, full title—The Rural Diaries: Love, Livestock and Big Life Lessons Down on Mischief Farm, includes stories about her start in Hollywood as a host of MTV’s Total Request Live, and how her “take it on the chin” attitude about being groped by Ben was praised by MTV, leading her to accept further abuse later in her career on One Tree Hill. Hilarie says she now realizes she was being groomed.
    “I was nineteen, and I’d taken it on the chin and kept going. One of MTV‘s top brass called me and said, ‘You handled that so well.’ I didn’t realize that I was being groomed—trained to be a good girl and a good sport, someone who would put up with much worse behavior.”
    The 2003 Gropening is like a bad penny. You may recall, it first resurfaced back in 2018 at the height of the #metoo movement when Rose McGowan was raking Ben over the coals for acting surprised when the initial wave of accusations against Harvey Weinstein came out. Somebody brought it up during that exchange, and Hilarie shared a video of her giving color commentary on the incident as part of a TRL Uncensored episode explaining “I had to laugh back then so I wouldn’t cry.” Ben eventually apologized in a tweet saying “I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize,” and since he was doing press for Justice League at the time, he later told Stephen Colbert that he didn’t remember the incident at all. But hey, look over there!
    Ana de Armas Updates@ArmasUpdates

Ana de Armas & Ben Affleck are looking blue walking their dogs after getting back from their desert getaway. (May 6, 2020)

2:51 AM - May 7, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

66 people are talking about this

Is it just me or can you see just a little bit of fatigue creeping into Ben’s peepers, especially in that top right shot? Maybe that’s The Shadow of The Gropening. Oh no, look out!

I don't think it's funny that Mieka from dlisted referred to this as "The Gropening." Maybe I'm becoming a humorless twat in my old age?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^^Or maybe you just have heard, seen or endured enough of that shit for a lifetime or two and just can't anymore. That's it for me.

^That was my guess, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm always overreacting about everything, especially with the frequency of stories like this. Glad to know it's not just me.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^That was my guess, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm always overreacting about everything, especially with the frequency of stories like this. Glad to know it's not just me.
    It's hard not to feel that you are overreacting when that's what you keep getting told all your life.

"Can't you take a joke?"
    "Stop making a big deal of it"
    "It wasn't that bad"
    "You're being hysterical"
    "I'm sure he didnt mean it like that"
    "That's just how he is"
    "There's only you who seems to mind"
    And of course "Boys will be boys"
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

JDM is 7 years older than Assfleck and way hotter.

Could probably run circles around this drunk fool too.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information