Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Being voted unsexiest woman alive hurt so much', says Sarah Jessica Parker

It wont hurt as bad as all the PS you'll probably get now, Sarah...

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Thanks girly! (where was the first one? )

True story, me n hubby drove passed Sears around Halloween last year. Hubby goes "Nice Halloween decoration" as there were big posters on their display window. Then I said "No, that's just Sara Jessica Parker."
    It was her perfume poster.
    I'm trying to remember/figure out which thread it was...needless to say, you caused me to projectile spit out my diet Coke.

Too funny about your hubby & SJP!!!!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If she stood by her original statement that it didn't bother her, I'd think she was way cooler. And nobody would be as hard on her if she weren't marketed as being beautiful. SJP makes millions of dollars to market products that only gorgeous women get to, and some people want her put in her place.

Imo, if she gained about 15 pounds, her face would fill out and wouldn't like so horsey.
    And she shouldn't worry about Matthew Broderick, he's gay anyway.

There's a big difference between 'stylish' and 'sexy'... I think SJP is fabulous... my hubby thinks she looks like a horse!

But to say she is the 'unsexiest' woman alive is a bit too much... hello Little Miss Face-like-a-smashed-pumpkin (aka Britney)!
    vaya con dios

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Rumer Willis should hold the title, imo.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good Lord that first pic just vindicates Maxim, doesn't it?

And how could she be hurt? This can't possibly be the first time her homeliness has been pointed out. Or was she so far into the artificial world of Hollywood flackery that she believed the SatC PR boolsheet that she was sexy?

I feel for her. Ugly taunts are never nice and to win a poll would be horrible.

She may not be a stunning beauty, and yeah, she looks horsey, but I think she'd be a pretty nice person.
    ssabmud

I feel for her, too. So unnecessary.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

my little pony parker!!! that shit shit kills!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Not only is it cruel and stupid, but ridiculous. Is she beyond stunning? Maybe not, but she's cultivated a style of her own, and works with her flaws instead of taking a scalpel to whatever keeps her from looking like the perfect Hollywood starlet.

We don't all look like Marilyn Monroe and we just work with what we got. She's doing pretty good, in my opinion.
    amen!
    and i think she's very sexy. you don't have to look like scarlett or whoever to be sexy. just as there are beautiful women who are not sexy.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Or was she so far into the artificial world of Hollywood flackery that she believed the SatC PR boolsheet that she was sexy?
    That's probably it. Even though her mirror screams "YOU BE UGLY!" she doesn't believe it. Celebrity and delusion go hand in hand.

Still whining:

Russ Wellen: "Unsexiest" Woman Holds Mirror Up To Judges - Entertainment on The Huffington Post

"Am I really the unsexiest woman in the world?"
    That's the rhetorical question actress Sarah Jessica Parker posed to Grazia (which actually bills itself as Britain's "first glossy magazine"). She was responding to the title of "Unsexiest Woman Alive" bestowed upon her by a poll of the readers of another magazine, Maxim.

In questioning their choice, Ms. Parker fails to notice that she's acquiescing to the notion that there really is an unsexiest woman in the world. But she deserves credit for bravely admitting that it caused her significant pain, enhanced, in turn, by her husband's anger.
    "Do I fit some ideals and standards of some men writing in a men's magazine?" she asked. "Maybe not." (Plaudits also for taking the trouble to Q & A herself, thus lightening the interviewer's work load.)
    Again, Ms. Parker is on the right track, but only halfway there. She herself illustrated the point in the 1991 film LA Story. Playing SanDeE*, a dizzy, flirtatious young woman, she beguiles the middle-aged Steve Martin. (And, in the process, makes it impossible for girls to ever unselfconsciously twirl again.)
    By parodying it in its most juvenile and blatant form to a T, Ms. Parker draped herself with the mantle of sexiness and the rest was history. It's indicative of her intelligence that her career was built on irony.
    Maxim's readers likely weren't singling her out for a lack of sexiness, which no red-blooded man can dispute at this point. Arguably, it's her long face to which they object.
    In fact, Ms. Parker is the latest in a long line of formidable women stretching from Cleopatra to Bette Davis to Madonna. Though lacking the symmetry of a classic beauty, they bent men -- and the world -- to their whims, whether by disposition, determination, or talent.
    The case can be made that Maxim's readers object to having a sex symbol chosen for them on the basis of her success in a "women's" TV series. Also, there's no disputing that La Parker is ubiquitous -- besides TV, from billboards to magazine ads to commercials -- not to mention, much the richer for it.
    But, as is too often the case with a poll, it reveals more about the voters than the subject. First, Maxim readers seem oblivious to the extent to which their tastes in women have been shaped by today's surgically enhanced models and actresses. Talk about an image being forced down their throats.
    Second, conferring a title as vicious as unsexiest woman alive on anyone reflects a poverty of spirit that, in itself, cancels out a Maxim reader's qualifications to choose the winner of any poll.
    Except for maybe which male mixed-martial-art star they'd most like to be in the ring with alone and naked.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Matthew Broderick was supposedly angry over this too?

Well, we don't all feel that way, SJP. I think you're cute, and I love the fact that your look is unconventional. If I were gay, I'd go for a reach around.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I just do not think she is ugly. She was pretty in Girls Just Want to Have Fun and SITC and that movie she did with Steve Martin, crap can't remember the name, anyways she was hot. She had a perfect body. That is just a cruel poll.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information