Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Beckett Cypher, son of Julie Cypher and Melissa Etheridge, 21, Dies Suddenly

Are drugs just stronger and nastier today or are kids just more dumb about how they're doing them? Or is there less room for error? Cause David Crosby and shitloads of his contemporaries did a metric fuckton of drugs and are still here. I mean....look at Keith Richards for god's sake.
    Waterslide and DawnM74 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ All of the above and someone like Keith Richards would be able to obtain the highest quality version, have quick and excellent medical attention (probably touring with them) and was just lucky.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Are drugs just stronger and nastier today or are kids just more dumb about how they're doing them? Or is there less room for error? Cause David Crosby and shitloads of his contemporaries did a metric fuckton of drugs and are still here. I mean....look at Keith Richards for god's sake.
    it's the damn fentanyl i swear. they put it in everything!!! it's cray how overdoses have gone up in the last few years since they started doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    it's the damn fentanyl i swear. they put it in everything!!! it's cray how overdoses have gone up in the last few years since they started doing that.
    Yep. We've had so many more overdoses down here and they say it's because of the fentanyl.
    Annika likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

It's because of fentanyl. Some facts from this article: https://www.affirmhealth.com/blog/wo...treet-fentanyl

• Gram per gram, fentanyl is 50 times more potent than heroin
    • A kg of heroin can be purchased for $6,000 and sold on the street for $80,000
    • A kg of fentanyl can be purchased for $6,000 and sold on the street for $1.6 Million (fentanyl is 20 times more profitable for a dealer than heroin)
    • Fentanyl is easier to smuggle into the country than other drugs because its potency means you can smuggle smaller, or unobtrusive amounts

Most importantly, its potency and low cost make it an easy decision for dealers to adulterate their heroin, cocaine and bogus pharmaceutical opioids with fentanyl. The potency leaves very little margin for error when adulterating drugs with fentanyl.

Originally Posted by MsDark

there are stronger drugs today, and fentanyl like bitter said. but lots of people died of OD's back then too. look at the crack epidemic in the 80s, though i guess those deaths didn't get reported as much because it mostly affected the black population. and look at what heroin did in the 90s in europe. there are town in portugal and spain, small port towns that became trafficking hubs and where locals got hooked on the stuff and in some cases it wiped out huge chunks of the local youth. as much as 1% of portugal's population was hooked at one point and they had the highest HIV rates in the EU. living in switzerland as a kid i remember seeing needles on the ground often, and restaurant and café restrooms all had UV lights (prevents you from seeing your veins) so junkies couldn't go in there and shoot up and potentially OD, and there was the infamous heroin park in zurich.

i think the heroin epidemic of the 90s mostly affected large cities in the US but didn't really make it into the general population or rural areas, unlike in europe where in some countries it it really was everywhere. the current opioid epidemic in the US is everywhere and affecting all segments of the population
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Even being involved in a subculture in the 90s in a large city in the US, there was a stigma about heroin use. People would be actually say, "I'm up for anything but heroin." It was a sort of barometer for how bad a person's drug addiction was. I'm not sure if it was left over from the HIV epidemic from the 80s or that the people I knew were more likely to drink, smoke pot, or use coke. I know coke is associated with the 80s, but I knew way more people doing that than heroin. I even remember people doing crack at parties. I mean there were a lot of people that did none of the above as well. And towards the middle and end of the 90s, it was more about E. We might just have been on a natural lag though, kind of the way fashion takes a while to make its way into the hinterland.

But pills of all kinds were always popular and readily available.
    sputnik likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, I do think addiction runs in families, not that I have any scientific proof, or can even say whether it's genetic or just by learned behavior. But I've seen it happen one too many times.
    i think i def have the addiction gen.
    my dad became an alcoholic after my parents divorced, and my mom has depression tendencies and a lot of other undiagnosed stuff. my brother has his problems too.

i pretty much won the lottery lol
    i recognize a lot of addictive tendencies in myself, so i try to focus my obsessions on good habits. i have self-discipline and routines, and my very effective psychiatric meds.
    i don't like alcohol fortunately, but i don't ever want to try drugs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information