Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Beckett Cypher, son of Julie Cypher and Melissa Etheridge, 21, Dies Suddenly

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I wonder if his parents tried to do an intervention or anything...twenty one is too freaking young to die from opioid addiction. Any death at age is sad, but I wonder how long he was addicted.
    That's what I'm thinking. 21 and an opioid addiction? How long did he deal with this? It is so young. So incredibly sad.
    BITTER likes this.

As a parent, especially of teens who are hanging out with other teens, it is something you always worry about and need to keep an eye out for. I cannot imagine the devastation of this experience.

Jeez, 21 is way too young. They must be devastated.
    sprynkles and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Look at this irresponsible headline from the DM. Shameful.

Sperm donor David Crosby's history of drug abuse may have contributed to the overdose death of his biological son with Melissa Etheridge as expert says 'addiction is driven by genetics'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-overdose.html

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Sperm donor David Crosby's history of drug abuse may have contributed to the overdose death of his biological son with Melissa Etheridge as expert says 'addiction is driven by genetics'

I saw that earlier and was repulsed.
    C_is_for_Cookie and BITTER like this.

^^^That is a terrible thing to say and I don't see how that will be helpful for the grieving family. Or any other grieving family.
    DM has no shame or decency.

I'd be lying if I said the possibility of Crosby's genes being a contributing factor to addiction hadn't crossed my mind.

But a gossip rag devoting a fucking article to this when the kid has been gone all of 5 minutes and the family (including Crosby) is still reeling is beyond tacky.

Probably shittily written and researched to boot. I'm not clicking to find out but it's the DM so I know I don't need to read it to know this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

I remember when the kids were just babies/toddlers when it was revealed that they were fathered by David Crosby, and i do remember thinking “WHY would they specifically choose a man with severe addiction issues, to be the sperm donor for their kids??”. I remember actually worrying about that.

In any event, this is so very sad. I’ve walked the road of opiate addiction myself, as i’ve mentioned on here before. A 14-year battle from hell, that began just from being prescribed some painkillers by my doctor when i had my tonsils removed. The only thing that saved me was Subutex, which i’m still on and probably always will be. I’ve been clean since i started it 4 years ago. I know that if i went off it, i’d be right back to where i was. (Heroin, Fentanyl...whatever i could get my hands on, by injection.) I wonder if Beckett tried Subutex/Suboxone; if not i do wonder if it could’ve saved his life.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I'd be lying if I said the possibility of Crosby's genes being a contributing factor to addiction hadn't crossed my mind.

But a gossip rag devoting a fucking article to this when the kid has been gone all of 5 minutes and the family (including Crosby) is still reeling is beyond tacky.

Probably shittily written and researched to boot. I'm not clicking to find out but it's the DM so I know I don't need to read it to know this.
    That does remind me, though, that I have this totally amazeballs cousin who is just a force of nature and met her husband about 32 years ago in AA. They now have three sons who are all out of college and making their way in the world. Anyway, when we visited her in 2016, she told us that when the kids were in their late teens, she could smell that one of them had smoked marijuana in their (the kid's) bedroom. So, she said she confronted the particular son and said, "You know that your father and I have addictive personalities and don't touch alcohol or any kind of drugs any more. I won't tell you to not smoke pot, but you will BREAK MY F*CKING HEART if you try something like heroin or some other opiate". My cousin lives in the Seattle area and has had more than one friend or acquaintance lose a child to an overdose. It was a very illuminating and bracing conversation for us..... Her sons seem to have all come out the other side pretty well. I really like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I saw that earlier and was repulsed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^That is a terrible thing to say and I don't see how that will be helpful for the grieving family. Or any other grieving family.
    DM has no shame or decency.
    Well, it IS the Daily Fail, so there's that. Thoughtless rag run by right wingers. So I blame my dad for my propensity for hypertension and heart disease? Should I spit on his grave?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Well, I do think addiction runs in families, not that I have any scientific proof, or can even say whether it's genetic or just by learned behavior. But I've seen it happen one too many times.

I admit I wondered whether the boy had any kind of relationship with his bio father.

That said, fuck the DM. I might wonder, but nobody knows what happened, and they suck for bringing it up especially when the family is grieving.
    crayzeehappee and BITTER like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

typical reactionary victim blaming DM bullshit.
    depression also runs in families, just like addiction. same with diabetes, cancer, some heart conditions, hypertension, etc. so when people come down with those they should blame their parents for reproducing knowing they had 'faulty' genes?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I used to read DM on a regular basis. Then I realized what a reactionary rag it is, run by shit-stirring bigots. The constant ragging on Meghan and this love of emphasizing the crimes of Americans, especially Americans of color; anyone of color actually.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post
    I remember when the kids were just babies/toddlers when it was revealed that they were fathered by David Crosby, and i do remember thinking “WHY would they specifically choose a man with severe addiction issues, to be the sperm donor for their kids??”. I remember actually worrying about that.

In any event, this is so very sad. I’ve walked the road of opiate addiction myself, as i’ve mentioned on here before. A 14-year battle from hell, that began just from being prescribed some painkillers by my doctor when i had my tonsils removed. The only thing that saved me was Subutex, which i’m still on and probably always will be. I’ve been clean since i started it 4 years ago. I know that if i went off it, i’d be right back to where i was. (Heroin, Fentanyl...whatever i could get my hands on, by injection.) I wonder if Beckett tried Subutex/Suboxone; if not i do wonder if it could’ve saved his life.
    I'm so glad you found that medication and it works for you. Thank goodness. I really feel so bad for people who unwittingly become addicted to opioids/opiates.
    palta likes this.

jaysus. i can't believe david crosby is still alive! so sad about beckett though. way way too young to die (from anything).
    sprynkles and I'mNotBitter like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information