Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Barbra Streisand's dog 'attacks flight attendant on private plane'

Oh, dear Bob, what the hell have you done to yourself. And get rid of that hairdye for goodness sake!

^Bob in the mid 1990's.

BBC News | SHOWBIZ | Redford rejects cosmetic surgery
    Wednesday, 9 January, 2002, 12:17 GMT
    Redford rejects cosmetic surgery

Robert Redford: Happy to live with wrinkles
    Actor and director Robert Redford has vowed that he will never have cosmetic surgery to delay the signs of ageing.

The 64-year-old star - speaking before the start of his annual Sundance Film Festival in Utah - added that in his attitude to his looks, he was far removed from the majority of people in Hollywood.

"Everyone in Tinseltown is getting pinched, lifted and pulled," he said on Tuesday, adding: "I'm not a facelift person. I am what I am."

In his heyday, Redford was considered a true Hollywood golden boy, starring in many romantic lead roles and classic films such as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

In his recent movies, such as the Spy Game with Brad Pitt, Redford has played second fiddle to the new generation of youthful heart-throbs.

But he said in the interview with a US magazine that he was happy to live with his wrinkles.

"People should preserve their time in history. I'm happy to make the best of what I've got," he said.

Although he did not totally condemn the practice of cosmetic surgery, he added that some people took it too seriously.

"For many it's become a sick obsession. They lose some of their soul when they go under the knife and end up looking body-snatched," he said.

Redford founded the annual Sundance Film Festival, which this year runs from 10 to 20 January.

The festival is considered the highlight of the US independent film calendar and has a tradition of showing a select crop of future international hits.
    ^The interesting thing is that the article and supposed quote are from 2002, while the pix below seem to indicate that Bob had his disastrous PS some time between October 2000 and November 2001, at least the eyelid surgery.

^1995

^1999

^2000

^Bob's son James in 2000

^October 2000

^November 2001

I totally understand that a beautiful man like him got depressed by losing his looks so rapidly by, what seems like, an extremely rapid aging process. But the PS robbed him of what made him RR: his eyes are dead now.
    Last edited by HWBL; May 2nd, 2015 at 05:57 AM.
    Brookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

An acquaintance of mine has the most lovely little Maltese. She ALWAYS has to yell at kids to get away from it because they just go right up to the doggie and wanna play with it and that little jerk bites. Based on that experience, if my kid goes near any dog I always keep him back and ask the owner if it's ok for my kid to pet the dog and if their dog is friendly. Have gotten a lot of snooty attitude from dog owners because I dare take that precaution but fuck them. My kid is completely animal crazy and I don't want to take the chance with the one snippy lapdog or some old dog going senile or whatever might be wrong which could result in my kid getting bitten.

I don't think Streisand is to blame here. 12 is pretty old for a dog so it's possible the little guy was just stressed. The FA should have been more careful.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

It's the owner's responsibility for the behaviour of the dog. If she stopped treating it like a baby and noticed that it was getting too old or stressed for flights, she could do something about it (like giving it knock-out drops -kidding.)

Robert Redford's wide-awake look is very old school ps.
    HWBL likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

You should always wave your hand under the nose of a dog that's not familiar with your scent as you approach it before patting it on the top of the head or outside its line of sight. If the dog didn't see her and just felt her hand on him he might have reacted to it. My friend's 14 year old dog is going deaf and blind and we have to approach with caution when he doesn't see us coming or he'll snap.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    if the flight attendant can't pet the dog on the plane where she/he is working, then the dog needs to be crated. sorry, the flight attendant was just being nice. #teamstaff.
    Don't pet other people's dogs without permission of the owner and looking at the dog to evaluate whether s/he wants to be touched or not.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

One of my dogs bites. I've never had a dog that bites before, so the first time she did it, I was shocked. She bit my mother, who she knows! Mom walked in, & Cupcake ran over to her as if to greet her & bit her on the leg! Thankfully she didn't break skin. So after that, I always pick her up when people come over until she gets used to them being there. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work (again, I found out the hard way). She also did the exact same thing to a friend of mine, who had actually been at the house for a while before she decided to go up to her & bite her. I was horrified. She's so unpredictable, it makes me nervous. She is a rescue that came from a puppy mill & apparently was also abused in other ways. She's as sweet as could be to my husband & me, but I never know how she's going to react to visitors, & apparently it doesn't matter if she knows them or not, or if they've been there for 30 seconds or 30 minutes, so now I pretty much just hold her the entire time or put her outside.
    My other dog doesn't bite. She runs up to everyone then rolls on her back for belly rubs.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    You should always wave your hand under the nose of a dog that's not familiar with your scent as you approach it before patting it on the top of the head or outside its line of sight. If the dog didn't see her and just felt her hand on him he might have reacted to it. My friend's 14 year old dog is going deaf and blind and we have to approach with caution when he doesn't see us coming or he'll snap.
    Same goes for cats too (if they let you get that close.) They have to figure out if you are friend or foe.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I have no tolerance for aggressive dogs. To me, it's a deal breaker. The reality is there are going to be times that humans get in a dog's space. A dog must be socialized to accept the presence of humans without putting their teeth on them. Dogs have other options. When they choose not to take those other options and bite instead, they are unsafe. No excuses should be made for a biting dog.

Too many people, adults and children, have been harmed by biting dogs. Too many people make excuses for the dog.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    An acquaintance of mine has the most lovely little Maltese. She ALWAYS has to yell at kids to get away from it because they just go right up to the doggie and wanna play with it and that little jerk bites. Based on that experience, if my kid goes near any dog I always keep him back and ask the owner if it's ok for my kid to pet the dog and if their dog is friendly. Have gotten a lot of snooty attitude from dog owners because I dare take that precaution but fuck them. My kid is completely animal crazy and I don't want to take the chance with the one snippy lapdog or some old dog going senile or whatever might be wrong which could result in my kid getting bitten.

I don't think Streisand is to blame here. 12 is pretty old for a dog so it's possible the little guy was just stressed. The FA should have been more careful.
    1. i agree that in general, people should ask if they can pet a dog they don't know. esp if you are in a public space like a park. and some dogs like adults but are wary of kids. but i still see this as barbra's fault. 12 is not so old for a small dog. and a dog should be trained that there are other options besides biting.

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Don't pet other people's dogs without permission of the owner and looking at the dog to evaluate whether s/he wants to be touched or not.
    um, this dog was basically in the flight attendant's space. her work space is the plane. barbra should be appalled that her dog is so poorly behaved.

if you are a bad dog owner and never trained your dog adequately, then either don't bring it to places where they mix with people or crate it. dogs do not have the same rights as people.

and i say this as a dog owner. we worked really hard to socialize our dog. it can be done. and if you can't do it, then don't own a dog or leave at home.

robert redford's PS and orange crush hair dye are depressing as fuck.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    1. i agree that in general, people should ask if they can pet a dog they don't know. esp if you are in a public space like a park. and some dogs like adults but are wary of kids. but i still see this as barbra's fault. 12 is not so old for a small dog. and a dog should be trained that there are other options besides biting.

um, this dog was basically in the flight attendant's space. her work space is the plane. barbra should be appalled that her dog is so poorly behaved.

if you are a bad dog owner and never trained your dog adequately, then either don't bring it to places where they mix with people or crate it. dogs do not have the same rights as people.

and i say this as a dog owner. we worked really hard to socialize our dog. it can be done. and if you can't do it, then don't own a dog or leave at home.
    I disagree with that "space" theory of yours. The flight attendand should have kept her paws off the dog.

I can't support the "work space" theory either. Babs paid for the space, and as such, the flight attendant was her de facto employee.

Source have told TMZ that 'a female flight attendant noticed the dog and went over to pet her.. The flight attendant made the decision to approach a dog that was unknown to her. No doubt she had the best of intentions, but it was a bad decision.

I would agree the dog should be crated it is were a public flight, but this was a private flight.
    gas_chick, ConstanceSpry and Mrs P like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I agree it was a bad decision but it was still Bab's fault. The owner should know how the dog will react to a stranger's approach. If the owner doesn't know, the owner should err on the side of caution and crate or otherwise restrain the dog.

Even if a person pets an unknown dog, if the dog bites the owner is liable.

Dogs should be socialized to tolerate stranger/human interaction for safety reasons. If a dog exhibits aggressive traits the owner should implement management strategies (muzzle, crating, etc.) to keep humans safe.

There is something wrong with an animal that bites hard enough to require stitches without giving warnings first. The dog could have growled instead, bared his teeth, or air snapped but it didn't. It bit and it bit hard.

I make no excuses for dog aggression. It is a very real and very serious problem.
    Kathie_Moffett, rollo and Flygirl like this.

At first, I thought that was Barbra's pooch on Robert's head...

Down toupee, bad, bad toupee.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

czb

if babs knew that the dog was aggressive, then she should've warned the flight attendant. doesn't matter that babs paid for the space. the flight attendant has a right to work in a place with dealing with a dog bite. or babs could've muzzled the dog.
    BITTER likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information