Login to remove the ads!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 104
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Barbra Streisand & James Brolin $390 Million divorce?

  1. #46
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    ... when I've pointed out that these uber rich couples can live in separate estates and never have to see each other, ...
    No, they don't have to see each other, but maybe they want to see other people. Maybe they want to fuck other people and think it's wrong to do so, while still married.

  2. #47
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Right. What indicates to you in any way that this is the situation with Barbra Streisand and James Brolin?

  3. #48
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    Right. What indicates to you in any way that this is the situation with Barbra Streisand and James Brolin?
    Oh, I'm so sorry. I should probably have stated, that I don't know Barbra or James personally.
    But since this is GossipRocks and not FactsRock, I have to admit, I went out on a limb a guessed that they might want to be with other people.
    They may not have anyone lined up right now, but wanting to find love (or get laid) is a common enough reason to get divorced, if you don't love (or fuck) your current spouse.
    McJag, Rusalka and msdeb like this.

  4. #49
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    281

    Default

    They were so in love for so long and it was so sweet. I noticed in the last year or maybe even two the couple of interviews I've seen with her that that had changed. Something was really off if she mentioned her marriage. Her eyes didn't light up like they used to when mentioning him or her marriage. I thought I bet they're in trouble, but then sometime this year I saw a quote from his son, Josh Brolin, saying Babs was the best thing that ever happened to his dad, that he was so lonely before she came into his life. So I thought I must have been wrong.
    ribbit likes this.

  5. #50
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Well that's what I meant from the beginning. Based on the article and the rumor they got in a fight and Brolin said he was fed up and out of there. A statement that probably has been said in marriages around the world for centuries. If there were rumors of infidelity or rumors of addiction issues or some sort of issue with Brolin mishandling her money or something like that, I'd take it more seriously. But based on the "rumor" it's based on a fight and some annoyance in the marriage. At their age I would imagine that's not really something that would cause them to toss it all in.


    BTW I wasn't being sarcastic. I was asking seriously if you had even heard any rumors about this, blind items and whatnot. Because this is what I've seen

    Barbra Streisand and James Brolin Divorce Rumors Not True Says Rep | ExtraTV.com


    Following a shocking story about the couple’s split in the National Enquirer, Brolin’s rep is setting the record straight, telling “Extra” the story is “categorically untrue.”

    The article was jaw-dropping, with a source claiming, “James finally lost it totally, and in a fit of rage, he told her, ‘I want out!’ – and it sent Barbra into a fury.”

    The insider said the fight stemmed from Babs’ long work hours.

    The couple – worth a reported $390 million – met in 1996 and tied the knot in 1998.
    I see a fight over long work hours. Not some major breach.

    So if anyone has any other issue to contribute maybe it would make more sense.

  6. #51
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    Well that's what I meant from the beginning. Based on the article and the rumor they got in a fight and Brolin said he was fed up and out of there. A statement that probably has been said in marriages around the world for centuries.
    Well, what you said from the beginning was, that very wealthy couples had no reason to get divorced, because they own several homes.
    Now you say there was never talk of a divorce, because it was just a single angry remark from James, that sparked a rumor.
    Whatevs. We don't have to agree on a possible celebrity divorce.

  7. #52
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    No I said very wealthy older couples like THEM would probably not go through a divorce for what had been reported (which was basically he was annoyed with her) when it's so easy to take breaks and keep some distance for a while. I suppose the difference for me is that I think they love each other very much and valued each other when they married and planned to stay together. I can't see them throwing it away because she's annoying. I get the same vibe with Michael Douglas and CZJ but more on his end than hers, in their case I would say their children would be part of why they would stay together.

    This was my first post. I was talking specifically about these two couples.

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    These older married couples like Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones and Babs and Brolin, have no real reason to get a divorce. They have so many different homes that it's completely possible to totally avoid each other without a problem. That's why I don't believe the rumors until I see the actual filing for divorce.

    If she's annoying he can stay away for a while. This would also explain why they haven't been seen together for a while.

  8. #53
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    18,129

    Default

    Maybe he just wants permanently out, despite the number of houses they have or don't have???

    Sorry, I creaked in from the assisted living facility.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  9. #54
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Maybe. But for now all I see is a fight and drama. They've been married for 15 years and they really did seem to have a solid relationship. So I hope they can stick it out.

    I did find a copy of the front cover. NE isn't saying they are "going to file" they are saying they are in the middle of it. Oh and so are John Travolta and Kelly Preston. Just check the cover.

    I guess why I get so cynical is because a divorce document is a public record (unless I'm mistaken) and so there's no way to really have "secret divorce" going down. They are either filing or not.




    Barbra Streisand and her second husband James Brolin have been married since 1998, but the latest issue of the National Enquirer suggests that the couple are going through a huge, expensive divorce. Can you imagine that?The tabloid states that Barbra and James are battling it out over their $390 million shared fortune. Apparently James has been raging about wanting out of their marriage. The magazine takes us inside “Barbra’s marriage hell” and reveals why James can’t seem to take any more of the “control freak diva” that his wife has become.
    If that wasn’t enough to get you to pick up the latest issue, the magazine also has the scoop on the latest scandal surrounding John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston. The tabloid reports that they are going through a $220 million divorce and they are fighting over their children together. Will John just take the kids away from her?
    In another feature, the magazine covers Clint Eastwood’s Viagra hookup with a sexy blonde! Is all of this enough to get you to pick up the newest issue of the National Enquirer? Sound off with your thoughts in the comments below.
    http://earsucker.com/barbra-streisan...shocker-12109/

  10. #55
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    18,129

    Default

    Ah yes, that solid bastion of Truth and the American Way: National Enquirer.
    msdeb likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  11. #56
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Wow, erm.......you do understand I don't believe the rumor because of it coming from the National Enquirer, and that's been my point the entire thread. Right? LOL That and that they are basing it on the fact that he's "annoyed" with her and not some severe breach in the marriage ala cheating, addiction or abuse issues or money isssues.

  12. #57
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    31,398

    Default

    ribbit - I can't even begin to imagine what your real life must be like. It must be exhausting to look for an argument from every possible angle, of every situation. I'll bet you're a blast at parties.
    Last edited by sluce; November 1st, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  13. #58
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    36,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    Wow, erm.......you do understand I don't believe the rumor because of it coming from the National Enquirer, and that's been my point the entire thread. Right? LOL That and that they are basing it on the fact that he's "annoyed" with her and not some severe breach in the marriage ala cheating, addiction or abuse issues or money isssues.
    .
    good lord, you don't have to defend yourself for every comment someone makes. (i backspaced about 50 words to save myself)
    sluce likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati

  14. #59
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    339

    Default

    OK, I just keep responding to people arguing with me about things I never said at all and I try to clarify. Sorry. This isn't such a big deal really, but why take a specific statement and spin it into a generalization that was never insinuated or said? But enough I guess. Off to a new topic.

  15. #60
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    41,952

    Default

    Just stop ffs.
    Kittylady and msdeb like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Barbra Streisand in black
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 13th, 2011, 10:08 AM
  2. Barbra Streisand wants to help Barack Obama
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: June 15th, 2008, 05:48 AM
  3. Barbra Streisand is looking scary
    By Elvira in forum Just Plain Scary
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 25th, 2006, 08:37 AM
  4. Barbra Streisand not pleased with new biography
    By buttmunch in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 30th, 2005, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •