Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barbara Walters: Star Jones made us cover up her gastric bypass

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

First of all, it's none of anyone's business if someone chooses to undergo gastric bypass. With that being said, it's stupid to say pilates and diet is the reason for all that weight loss. It was up to Star to handle the situation as she saw fit, and the most appropriate way to address it would have been to say she handled her weight under the care and management of her doctor. End of story. To me, this puts Barbara Walters in a new light, because I always thought she was more professional than to air all her dirty laundry in order to make money.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Babwa Wawa is as much a bitch as Star ever dreamed of being. How low class is it to trash your former co-workers in front of the whole world just because you can? Talk about loss of dignity. STFU Babwa.

A*O

On the other hand it was pretty obvious how and why Star lost all that weight so quickly and kudos to her for doing so. I don't know why there's so much shame and secrecy attached to gastric bypass surgery. If it does the job then tell the world.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I agree to an extent. If your health is in imminent danger, then by all means do the surgery. We are talking major, invasive surgery here. Otoh, it is an extremely lazy way to lose weight and frankly, I've never seen one single person who's had the surgery who looked healthy and fit. They are always very, very saggy, and ill looking because they can't take in enough protein to keep their hair and skin looking good.

A*O

Agree - it IS a quick and lazy way out for many people who don't understand how and why their bad lifestyle habits got them so fat and unhealthy in the first place. If they learn the lesson and continue to eat small, healthy portions then good luck to them. But what the gastric bypass industry doesn't tell you is how many patients thing it's a way to lose some weight and then go back to their old bad habits.

There's no getting away from it. If you want to lose weight permanently then you have to change your bad habits permanently too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

EXCLUSIVE: Star Jones Responds to Barbara Walters' Memoir
    Wednesday May 7, 2008

Jesse Grant/WireImage.com; Joe Corrigan/Getty ImagesBuzz up!

Star Jones is speaking out against Barbara Walters for including her in her new memoir, Audition.
    In the book, Walters claims Jones forced her to lie about her gastric bypass surgery on The View. Walters also reveals that she had an affair with then-married Senator Edward Brooke during the 1970s.
    Usmagazine.com caught up with Jones (who recently split from husband Al Reynolds) as she left a tennis workout in NYC Wednesday.
    “It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters, in the sunset of her life, is reduced to publicly branding herself as an adulterer, humiliating an innocent family with accounts of her illicit affair and speaking negatively against me all for the sake of selling a book," Jones told Us. "It speaks to her true character.”

Usmagazine.com | EXCLUSIVE: Star Jones Responds to Barbara Walters' Memoir
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Meow Star, meow. That said (and I'm going to have to bang my head against the wall for saying this) Star is right. I love the dig about being in the sunset of her life.

Star did have some follow up surgery to take off the excess flab and sag. She DOES admit to that.

Remember when Star almost bled to death while having her breast lift surgery?
    While recuperating at home, Star phoned into the show and Joy kept asking her if she also had breast implants. Joy wouldn’t shut up until Star finally admitted that she had implants along with the lift.

The other women on the show should ask for a confidentiality agreement in their next contract.

[quote=mrs.v;1189147]EXCLUSIVE: Star Jones Responds to Barbara Walters' Memoir
    Wednesday May 7, 2008

Jesse Grant/WireImage.com; Joe Corrigan/Getty ImagesBuzz up!

Star Jones is speaking out against Barbara Walters for including her in her new memoir, Audition.
    In the book, Walters claims Jones forced her to lie about her gastric bypass surgery on The View. Walters also reveals that she had an affair with then-married Senator Edward Brooke during the 1970s.
    Usmagazine.com caught up with Jones (who recently split from husband Al Reynolds) as she left a tennis workout in NYC Wednesday.
    “It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters, in the sunset of her life, is reduced to publicly branding herself as an adulterer, humiliating an innocent family with accounts of her illicit affair and speaking negatively against me all for the sake of selling a book," Jones told Us. "It speaks to her true character.”

Very well said! I have never been a big fan of Star Jones, but I am starting to see her in a different light. I think everyone thought she had gastric bypass surgery.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Damn, Star got in all her digs in one sentence! Good ones, too. I like her a tiny, tiny bit more than I did.

Elite Member

I agree with what Star is saying, but I bet she would throw someone under the bus too to sell something she was hawking.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i hate star jones.....

and i hate barbara too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information