Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Bankrupt Burt Reynolds sells off memorabilia at auction

I thought Burt was a drug addled woman beater.

Elite Member

Yes sprynkles, Burt is no angel at all.

i wonder if they would accept $10 for the 'Smokey and the Bandit' jacket? .. And another $10 for the Pocket Watch? .. heeey, i'm broke and need to buy presents

My only memories of Burt are on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. He was funny and did the funny, conceited guy really well. One of my best laughs was at the very end of the movie The End with Burt and Dom Deluise.

Dom DeLuise used to get on my nerves. It seemed like his whole career was built on being Burt's ass-licker.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I'm amazed at how much times have changed. Depicting a scenario like the one in that Reynolds/Deluise movie poster would NEVER happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Makisa View Post
    I'm amazed at how much times have changed. Depicting a scenario like the one in that Reynolds/Deluise movie poster would NEVER happen now.
    Speaking of that, I still don't know how "Better Off Dead" got greenlighted. Even back then, the premise was pretty outrageous.
    Makisa likes this.

I hate he's fallen so far. I love his movies.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I hate he's fallen so far. I love his movies.
    Yeah, I love "Deliverance", "Longest Yard", the first "Smokey and the Bandit", and "Sharkey's Machine". I think "Sharkey's Machine" was Reynold's last good movie before "Boogie Nights". That was a 16-year drought where he was making really substandard movies.
    Callalily likes this.

I thought he was great in Boogie Nights (one of my all-time favorite movies) but I remember reading he hated the role until he started getting all the awards for it. Missed out on the Oscar, but it's the only time he was nominated. He was also good in tv's Evening Shade and won Emmys etc for that. Maybe he should've tried for another series. Steady income anyway, and if he got residuals, maybe he could've paid his mortgage.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Does he have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I thought he was great in Boogie Nights (one of my all-time favorite movies) but I remember reading he hated the role until he started getting all the awards for it. Missed out on the Oscar, but it's the only time he was nominated. He was also good in tv's Evening Shade and won Emmys etc for that. Maybe he should've tried for another series. Steady income anyway, and if he got residuals, maybe he could've paid his mortgage.
    I got the same impression that you did, Trixie. First, that he didn't like Boogie Nights until he saw the accolades it got. To me, that indicates that a big part of his career nosedive was that his idea of what was a worthy project was seriously off.

I liked him in Evening Shade, too. It looks like it was one season short of going into syndication, though. Maybe he didn't get the big payoff on that he could have?

Also, I could have sworn that Reynolds had traced his career downslide to some injuries he sustained on the set of "City Heat" in 1984, with Clint Eastwood. His jaw was broken by a metal chair in a fight scene. After he got off his liquid diet, he had lost 30 pounds and was accused by some tabloids of having AIDS.

^ I hear ya, Mo. I think Boogie Nights could have been a springboard for some really good character roles at the very least. Compare John Travolta and what Pulp Fiction did for his career, he might be doing Look Who's Talking 200 now if not for that movie. So what happened with Burt? Just totally bad choices?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This really bothers me. I've been a HUGE Burt fan for years upon years. I hope he at least saves his house.

I wondered what was going on with Loni Anderson and google gave me this from July.

Loni Anderson to Burt Reynolds
    Pay Your 20-Year-Old Divorce Debt, Deadbeat!

Burt Reynolds has been divorced from Loni Anderson for 20 years ... but it's still not over, and we've learned Loni is still dogging him for nearly a quarter of a million bucks to make things right.

It was one of the most bitter divorces in the history of Hollywood. He accused her of sleeping around. She accused him of physical brutality. And there were drug allegations and lots of other things. The 5-year marriage officially ended in 1993, when Burt agreed to pay Loni $234,794.13.

Loni -- who starred in "WKRP in Cincinnati" -- says Burt paid some but still owed her $97K. He didn't pay, went into bankruptcy in the late '90s, continued to ignore the debt, and went into foreclosure, etc.

Loni went back to court and 2 months ago the judge ordered Burt to pay up once and for all. But with interest, the tab has now swelled to $154,520.98.

We contacted Burt's rep ... so far no comment.

Read more: Loni Anderson to Burt Reynolds: Pay Your 20-Year-Old Divorce Debt, Deadbeat! | TMZ.com
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

We contacted Burt's rep ... so far no comment.

Who's paying Burt's rep?
    Callalily, HWBL and Cinnamon*Girl like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information