Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Avenue Q writer tells Jay Leno to go F himself

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

No one went ballistic. This happens everytime... funny. You know damn well it has nothing to do with your opinion of the writer.
    Anyway, I find it amusing but it's getting predictable so it isn't nearly as hilarious as it has been in the past.

^^to Just Kill Me, I'm not trying to amuse you or anyone else. So I don't understand your comment. And no, I do not know that this has nothing to do with my opinion of the writer. THAT is what I am posting about, and have been from the beginning. If other people have other agendas, then that is THEIR issue, not mine. I have stayed on topic.

And for the record, I've never had any issues with you, so I'm kind of surprised by your post.

Damn, I thought I was put on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    What are you talking about? I am very clear about where I stand on this and why and frankly, I fail to see what the big fucking deal about it is anyway. Sparkly and I disagreed -- so what? Jesus, why does everybody have to be in lockstep on everything in this place? Sparkly went ballastic because I didn't agree with her and frankly, she is entitled to her opinion. But she seemed to think that I HAD to agree with her or I was just being provocative, when I was merely offering my opinion, just as she was. For fuck's sakes, can't anyone see how frustrating that is?

And for the last time, I am FINE with anybody disagreeing with me but I seem to be taking quite a hit for MY opinion. That hardly seems fair.
    Ok, this is just fucking ridiculous. Sparkly did NOT "go ballastic" (sic). She disagreed with you, and she did it in a perfectly acceptable manner. You seem to want carte blanche to disagree with everybody in whatever tone you want, but when people disagree with YOU, OMG, you're suddenly a victim of the "party line" and "everybody" in "lockstep." You're the one parroting "party line" over & over. Try paying attention to the masses, for once in your life. Just because a lot of people agree on something doesn't make the point less valid.

Oh, and if you tell me to "shut up" again, I won't. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Damn, I thought I was put on ignore.
    That is ALWAYS an idle threat. I think it's supposed to hurt your feelings.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^I've already said that people are entitled to their opinion, and I meant it. As for paying attention to the "masses" -- WTF? Is this a seminar on Marxism or something?

And I don't believe that attacking someone personally, NOT THEIR IDEAS, is "acceptable." Never have, and never will. And I am happy to point out where sparkly did that, repeatedly. It's not even in question to anyone who isn't pushing another agenda.

Hit By Ban Bus!

PB, I definetly do not think you are a homophobe, lol. I know what you're saying about how the writer views things exclusively through the lens of his sexuality. I'm in a Creative Writing class with somebody with that 'style' and it is really obnoxious (though funny). All of his stories/essays have this defiant, challenging POV.

Damn, I read this thread over and I still can't see how it got all heated. There's nothing wrong with differing opinions and debate but don't bring in past forum drama into it. geez

Anyway my opinion...Leno is a douche and the writer guy is hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^I've already said that people are entitled to their opinion, and I meant it. As for paying attention to the "masses" -- WTF? Is this a seminar on Marxism or something?

And I don't believe that attacking someone personally, NOT THEIR IDEAS, is "acceptable." Never have, and never will. And I am happy to point out where sparkly did that, repeatedly. It's not even in question to anyone who isn't pushing another agenda.
    She found your remarks offensive and she told you. Deal with it. The point was that you were judging the letter by some unrelated crap you found during a quick google, and you chose to use the term "gayness."

Gayness?

You can point out all you want, but everybody can read the thread & judge for themselves. Her posts were fine, in context with your remarks.

O.K PB settle down. when I lost all my posts and had to re-registar you were doing this stuff. You like to stir up the shit. Don't be so defensive about everything. You don't have to attack every poster who disagrees with you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm friends with gays and bisexuals, I have some latent lesbian tendencies myself, and I've never personally observed a hostile reaction to the word 'gayness'. I don't see what's offensive about it. It's the slangy equivalent of the noun 'homosexuality'....I'm not seeing the offensiveness....?

[quote=nana51;1126569]O.K PB settle down. when I lost all my posts and had to re-registar you were doing this stuff. You like to stir up the shit. Don't be so defensive about everything. You don't have to attack every poster who disagrees with you.[/quote

Welcome back NaNA. IF you read the thread, I was the one who was attacked for my opinion. So if you want to point fingers at someone for stirring up shit, point them elsewhere.

Miss December: I have a lot of gay friends, some of 25 years' standing, and I called up one of them last night and he said the same thing. It's all bullshit from the usual suspects.

You all need to quit pointing fingers at each other. Again debating is fine and all (it's what we do best ) but we should'nt accuse each other of shit-stirring so quit it.

If someone IS shit-stirring, we ought to be allowed to say so. The board hasn't gotten THAT strict.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information