Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Avenue Q writer tells Jay Leno to go F himself

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^No, and obviously you haven't either.
    And I never claimed to have either. And your point is? Letterman and Leno routinely make sexist, anti-woman jokes, too, and I don't hear anybody slamming them for that, except me.

Anybody who doesn't have the balls to sign a letter with their full name doesn't get much respect from me, gay OR straight.

OK, a bit of research: Jeff Whitty is a playwright whose musical, Avenue Q, is running on Broadway. He won a Tony in 2004 for Best Book of a Musical. His website is whitless.com The bulk of his writing is on queer issues so I wasn't off base.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And I never claimed to have either. And your point is? Letterman and Leno routinely make sexist, anti-woman jokes, too, and I don't hear anybody slamming them for that, except me.

Anybody who doesn't have the balls to sign a letter with their full name doesn't get much respect from me, gay OR straight.
    My point is this, PB: You made a negative, generalized statement about this man, without even knowing whether or not it is true. Frankly, since neither one of us has read all of his articles, either one of us could be right about him. You made a judgmental statement without backing it up with fact, and I disagreed with you. It's no big deal.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

You also made a statement without facts. I at least looked the man up, which I should have done before I posted. I agree it's no big deal, but the snide tone of your response indicated that it WAS to you when you wrote it. And the letter was written in April 2006, which is kind of old news anyway.

You also made a statement without facts. I at least looked the man up, which I should have done before I posted. I agree it's no big deal, but the snide tone of your response indicated that it WAS to you when you wrote it. And the letter was written in April 2006, which is kind of old news anyway.
    I have no snide tone, but your indignance is really starting to grate my nerves. You still might be way off base, because even if he writes about issues concerning homosexuality, it doesn't necessarily mean that his perception about life is skewed by it. Give the man a break. And I didn't say that he DIDN'T do that either; I was pointing out that he PROBABLY isn't that way.

Oh yeah, after you made a statement, passing it off as fact. Get back to me when you decide NOT to go against the grain, which I've yet to see you do.
    Last edited by Tati; March 28th, 2008 at 10:44 AM.

What is indignance? And I already said that I should have looked the man up first, so again, what is your point, exactly? And why the hell do I have to agree with everything you say anyway, or give "the man a break"? Your "indignance" is starting to annoy ME. It works both ways.

As for me going against the grain, I prefer to discuss THIS issue, which is the topic, not everything I've posted over the past 3 years, most of which I don't remember anyway. Nice try, tho.

What is indignance? And I already said that I should have looked the man up first, so again, what is your point, exactly? And why the hell do I have to agree with everything you say anyway, or give "the man a break"? Your "indignance" is starting to annoy ME. It works both ways.

As for me going against the grain, I prefer to discuss THIS issue, which is the topic, not everything I've posted over the past 3 years, most of which I don't remember anyway. Nice try, tho.
    Sorry, I was typing fast, I meant indignation. Christ, no one can disagree with you, without you turning it into a huge production. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't make a negative statement about this man and pass it off as fact. TBH, I suspect you did it because you enjoy disagreeing with everyone on this board.

No, I don't do everything as a conspiracy. I simply stated my opinion as it occurred to me and yes, I should have done extensive research first but I am human and went with my gut, which turned out to be right for the most part. You're the one ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me and changing the subject to a personal attack on me and including the entire board in it. We disagree -- as you said, big deal. Let's leave it at that.

No, I don't do everything as a conspiracy. I simply stated my opinion as it occurred to me and yes, I should have done extensive research first but I am human and went with my gut, which turned out to be right for the most part. You're the one ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me and changing the subject to a personal attack on me and including the entire board in it. We disagree -- as you said, big deal. Let's leave it at that.
    I am not attacking you, and quite frankly, I think you were the one who tried to make it personal. And I still fail to see how someone uses their "gayness" (love the vibe you give off from that homemade word, btw) to shape their perception of reality, just because they're a writer for homosexual issues.

Yeah, and you weren't being snide in your first response? I was right about that, too, apparently. And since you do not want to end this civilly, exactly where and how did I attack you? Show me, please. The snide remark was dead on -- that's an observation, not an attack.

As for my "vibe" -- you do not know a damned thing about me OR my opinions on homosexuality, or anything else for that matter as your last post clearly shows.

^Umm, actually, my first response was that I disagree with you, and why I do. You took it from there, PB. And you're right, we've never met face to face, but your choice of wording in this thread does give off a certain vibe, whether or not you choose to see it. And I'm done arguing with you. Have a good night.

So my choice of that word -- which I literally never even thought about when I wrote it -- proves something to you because it gives off a certain vibe? Good Christ. Talk about judgmental. I doubt that there is a person on this board apart from you who believes that I am anti-gay, or anti-homosexual, or whatever damn label you choose that gives off the right "vibe" to you and you alone.

Oh geez, here you go again! I was not saying you give off a vibe in general, but you have to admit to yourself that some people might take that a certain way. I don't care what your motives behind the use of that word were, it's simply how it looks. Do you enjoy disagreeing with people for the fun of it, or are you truly a victim at GR? I'd really like to know, because I dislike the way you handle disagreements. It's very passive aggressive.

^^Here we go. The party line. I should have known.

Trust me, I could take lessons on passive aggressive behavior from you. You start off snide, then you say you aren't, then you attack me personally and try to change the subject, then you deny it again, then attack me again, backtrack again, etc. etc. I don't like YOUR way of handling disagreements either. Welcome to ignore.

^Oh please. I never backtracked. And please put me on ignore. I would do the same to you, but I find you too amusing.

I think you're gut was wrong. I've read a few of his writings over the years, specifically about Jay. He's tired of gays being portrayed as silly and cartoonish. I agree. It's the new type of blackface.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information