Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 142

Thread: Avenue Q writer tells Jay Leno to go F himself

  1. #16
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^No, and obviously you haven't either.
    And I never claimed to have either. And your point is? Letterman and Leno routinely make sexist, anti-woman jokes, too, and I don't hear anybody slamming them for that, except me.

    Anybody who doesn't have the balls to sign a letter with their full name doesn't get much respect from me, gay OR straight.

    OK, a bit of research: Jeff Whitty is a playwright whose musical, Avenue Q, is running on Broadway. He won a Tony in 2004 for Best Book of a Musical. His website is whitless.com The bulk of his writing is on queer issues so I wasn't off base.

  2. #17
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And I never claimed to have either. And your point is? Letterman and Leno routinely make sexist, anti-woman jokes, too, and I don't hear anybody slamming them for that, except me.


    Anybody who doesn't have the balls to sign a letter with their full name doesn't get much respect from me, gay OR straight.
    My point is this, PB: You made a negative, generalized statement about this man, without even knowing whether or not it is true. Frankly, since neither one of us has read all of his articles, either one of us could be right about him. You made a judgmental statement without backing it up with fact, and I disagreed with you. It's no big deal.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  3. #18
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    You also made a statement without facts. I at least looked the man up, which I should have done before I posted. I agree it's no big deal, but the snide tone of your response indicated that it WAS to you when you wrote it. And the letter was written in April 2006, which is kind of old news anyway.

  4. #19
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    You also made a statement without facts. I at least looked the man up, which I should have done before I posted. I agree it's no big deal, but the snide tone of your response indicated that it WAS to you when you wrote it. And the letter was written in April 2006, which is kind of old news anyway.
    I have no snide tone, but your indignance is really starting to grate my nerves. You still might be way off base, because even if he writes about issues concerning homosexuality, it doesn't necessarily mean that his perception about life is skewed by it. Give the man a break. And I didn't say that he DIDN'T do that either; I was pointing out that he PROBABLY isn't that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    You also made a statement without facts. I at least looked the man up, which I should have done before I posted. I agree it's no big deal, but the snide tone of your response indicated that it WAS to you when you wrote it. And the letter was written in April 2006, which is kind of old news anyway.
    Oh yeah, after you made a statement, passing it off as fact. Get back to me when you decide NOT to go against the grain, which I've yet to see you do.
    Last edited by Tati; March 28th, 2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  5. #20
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    What is indignance? And I already said that I should have looked the man up first, so again, what is your point, exactly? And why the hell do I have to agree with everything you say anyway, or give "the man a break"? Your "indignance" is starting to annoy ME. It works both ways.

    As for me going against the grain, I prefer to discuss THIS issue, which is the topic, not everything I've posted over the past 3 years, most of which I don't remember anyway. Nice try, tho.

  6. #21
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    What is indignance? And I already said that I should have looked the man up first, so again, what is your point, exactly? And why the hell do I have to agree with everything you say anyway, or give "the man a break"? Your "indignance" is starting to annoy ME. It works both ways.

    As for me going against the grain, I prefer to discuss THIS issue, which is the topic, not everything I've posted over the past 3 years, most of which I don't remember anyway. Nice try, tho.
    Sorry, I was typing fast, I meant indignation. Christ, no one can disagree with you, without you turning it into a huge production. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't make a negative statement about this man and pass it off as fact. TBH, I suspect you did it because you enjoy disagreeing with everyone on this board.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  7. #22
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    No, I don't do everything as a conspiracy. I simply stated my opinion as it occurred to me and yes, I should have done extensive research first but I am human and went with my gut, which turned out to be right for the most part. You're the one ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me and changing the subject to a personal attack on me and including the entire board in it. We disagree -- as you said, big deal. Let's leave it at that.

  8. #23
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    No, I don't do everything as a conspiracy. I simply stated my opinion as it occurred to me and yes, I should have done extensive research first but I am human and went with my gut, which turned out to be right for the most part. You're the one ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me and changing the subject to a personal attack on me and including the entire board in it. We disagree -- as you said, big deal. Let's leave it at that.
    I am not attacking you, and quite frankly, I think you were the one who tried to make it personal. And I still fail to see how someone uses their "gayness" (love the vibe you give off from that homemade word, btw) to shape their perception of reality, just because they're a writer for homosexual issues.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  9. #24
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Yeah, and you weren't being snide in your first response? I was right about that, too, apparently. And since you do not want to end this civilly, exactly where and how did I attack you? Show me, please. The snide remark was dead on -- that's an observation, not an attack.

    As for my "vibe" -- you do not know a damned thing about me OR my opinions on homosexuality, or anything else for that matter as your last post clearly shows.

  10. #25
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    ^Umm, actually, my first response was that I disagree with you, and why I do. You took it from there, PB. And you're right, we've never met face to face, but your choice of wording in this thread does give off a certain vibe, whether or not you choose to see it. And I'm done arguing with you. Have a good night.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  11. #26
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    So my choice of that word -- which I literally never even thought about when I wrote it -- proves something to you because it gives off a certain vibe? Good Christ. Talk about judgmental. I doubt that there is a person on this board apart from you who believes that I am anti-gay, or anti-homosexual, or whatever damn label you choose that gives off the right "vibe" to you and you alone.

  12. #27
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Oh geez, here you go again! I was not saying you give off a vibe in general, but you have to admit to yourself that some people might take that a certain way. I don't care what your motives behind the use of that word were, it's simply how it looks. Do you enjoy disagreeing with people for the fun of it, or are you truly a victim at GR? I'd really like to know, because I dislike the way you handle disagreements. It's very passive aggressive.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  13. #28
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    ^^Here we go. The party line. I should have known.

    Trust me, I could take lessons on passive aggressive behavior from you. You start off snide, then you say you aren't, then you attack me personally and try to change the subject, then you deny it again, then attack me again, backtrack again, etc. etc. I don't like YOUR way of handling disagreements either. Welcome to ignore.

  14. #29
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    ^Oh please. I never backtracked. And please put me on ignore. I would do the same to you, but I find you too amusing.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  15. #30
    Elite Member fattymatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    No, I don't do everything as a conspiracy. I simply stated my opinion as it occurred to me and yes, I should have done extensive research first but I am human and went with my gut, which turned out to be right for the most part. You're the one ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me and changing the subject to a personal attack on me and including the entire board in it. We disagree -- as you said, big deal. Let's leave it at that.
    I think you're gut was wrong. I've read a few of his writings over the years, specifically about Jay. He's tired of gays being portrayed as silly and cartoonish. I agree. It's the new type of blackface.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Writer Art Buchwald dead at 81
    By pacific breeze in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM
  2. O.J. Simpson's ghost writer says he's a murderer
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 18th, 2007, 02:35 PM
  3. Jay Leno et al sue writer for stealing jokes
    By moomies in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
  4. Jennifer Lopez Sued By TV Writer
    By FierceKiten in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM
  5. Guess the writer quiz
    By buttmunch in forum Books and Literature
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2006, 05:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •