Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: Asia Argento pays 380k settlement for alleged sexual assault to former co-star

When I have to re-read articles over and over again to comprehend the basic story, something is just not right, not being told. You're in the middle of an article and you feel you're on a need to know basis. Asia having sex with a very young man, the monies paid to the new partner of Rose and the text messages. Why would Asia even have that kind of exchange with what seems like a very new friend. I googled Jimmy and he was in a legal battle with both parents about how they spent his million dollar earnings. He said he handled that legal battle privately and expected to have this issue handled the same way. That doesn't have anything to do with his situation, but it's another thing to add into this mix.

The words model and Rain Dove don't work for me. I've seen enough interesting models, I prefer pretty or striking. My first reaction was that's a manly woman, which they are. Born female.
    Waterslide likes this.

I find Rain Dove unattractive in either gender.

i'm guessing that harvey is behind this settlement going public. does he think that just because asia is a predator too that it makes him look innocent, or less bad?

hell naw.

Rain reminds me of JD Samson, a singer (Le Tigre & MEN). JD dated Sia for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I think I just had a stroke.
    wow jobob, sorry to hear that. hope you have recovered.
    joebob likes this.

Reading various articles about this, I decided that tho Argento with a seventeen-year-old she called her son is gross, and she lied, and she comes off as not terribly bright, this Rain Dove business is really stupid and gross also.

Rain Dove defended going to the police by calling the matter legally “cut-and-dried,” but it isn’t, really. Statutory rape in practice is extremely common, and whether it ever is reported or prosecuted is complicated. The statute of limitations is three years, which already elapsed. It’s also not clear that Jimmy Bennett wanted anyone to report it to the police.

Rain Dove also said she-he-they shared the texts Asia sent her-him-they with a small group of people, which is whuuuut.

What should have happened: Argento should only have spoken to a lawyer.

Rain Dove should have consulted a lawyer, and that lawyer could have explained about the statute of limitations and reached out to Bennett’s lawyer. Then Bennett could have decided what to do. Instead Rain Dove appointed her-him-themself the arbiter of everything. Dumb and presumptuous.
    Last edited by Shinola; August 30th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

The only two things I can say with certainty about this case is that none of them sound very stable, and that none of this should have the slightest impact on the Harvey Weinstein case.

fgg

Rose McGowan: I was betrayed by Asia Argento

Rose McGowan has opened up about being “betrayed” by fellow #MeToo movement campaigner Asia Argento and referred to Harvey Weinstein as the “cult leader” of Hollywood.

McGowan was in London doing the rounds of breakfast television shows including Piers Morgan-fronted “Good Morning Britain” and Channel 5’s Jeremy Vine show ahead of picking up the GQ Men of the Year Inspiration Award, becoming the first woman to receive the honor.

The “Brave” author said that she believed Argento was “lying” to her with regards to the actress’ relationship with Jimmy Bennett, the 17-year-old she allegedly slept with when she was 37.

Speaking on “GMB,” McGowan said that “if we’re going to look for beauty in this really horrible situation,” it shows that “boys have voices too.” She said it was a “horrible situation” but that her own feelings are “very insignificant” and she expected there to be “due process.”

“MeToo is not just for women, I’ve had so many men share their stories of abuse, it’s never happened before in history and people are freaking out and trying to analyze and crunch the data, my response is to let it breathe, let people have their voice. If I feel like walking down the street naked, no one has the right to rape me. When I take my girlfriend, who is masculine presenting, to a gay club, oftentimes she gets grabbed. Everybody has the sovereign right to their body,” she added.

The “Scream” star fought back against Morgan’s claim that some careers have been hit by false accusations. “I don’t know if we know if careers are over because it’s been such a short period of time … The hell you go through just to speak truth really whittles down the false accusations. You can cut off the rot and let the good people come up. All we need to do is to have a collective conversation.”

She also admitted fearing for her health in the long term, particularly as a result of the stress levels, and called the last two years “mindbending.”

Later in the morning, McGowan went on Vine’s new Channel 5 discussion show to talk about similar topics. She said a lot of people who have been hurt by sexual harassment “don’t understand that they are not to blame” and remarked that Weinstein was the “cult leader” of Hollywood.

But she added, “I was never really in love with Hollywood, for me it was my day job, I’m an artist in full and always been a writer and now a filmmaker and a producer and singing on an album that I’ve been creating for the past three years, while for the past four years pushing against Hollywood and societal constructs and pushing back at the rules we’re all meant to follow. What are they going to do, put me in time-out celebrity jail? It’s absurd.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/04/rose-...-asia-argento/
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She is so narcissistic and full of shit, I just can’t with her.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Why does that guy have The Midwest tattooed to his arm? That's one of the most depressing tattoos ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Reading various articles about this, I decided that tho Argento with a seventeen-year-old she called her son is gross, and she lied, and she comes off as not terribly bright, this Rain Dove business is really stupid and gross also.

Rain Dove defended going to the police by calling the matter legally “cut-and-dried,” but it isn’t, really. Statutory rape in practice is extremely common, and whether it ever is reported or prosecuted is complicated. The statute of limitations is three years, which already elapsed. It’s also not clear that Jimmy Bennett wanted anyone to report it to the police.

Rain Dove also said she-he-they shared the texts Asia sent her-him-they with a small group of people, which is whuuuut.

What should have happened: Argento should only have spoken to a lawyer.

Rain Dove should have consulted a lawyer, and that lawyer could have explained about the statute of limitations and reached out to Bennett’s lawyer. Then Bennett could have decided what to do. Instead Rain Dove appointed her-him-themself the arbiter of everything. Dumb and presumptuous.
    This more or less summed up what I was going to say before. They're all assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    She is so narcissistic and full of shit, I just can’t with her.
    I think both Asia and Rose are narcissists. I can't say which one is worse at this point.

Speaking on “GMB,” McGowan said that “if we’re going to look for beauty in this really horrible situation,” it shows that “boys have voices too.”
    For fuck's sake. Did she just figure that out? She's a goddamn imbecile.

But she added, “I was never really in love with Hollywood, for me it was my day job, I’m an artist in full and always been a writer and now a filmmaker and a producer and singing on an album that I’ve been creating for the past three years, while for the past four years pushing against Hollywood and societal constructs and pushing back at the rules we’re all meant to follow. What are they going to do, put me in time-out celebrity jail? It’s absurd.”
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It's so disheartening that while so many victims came forward this bunch of mentally challenged idiots are now shading the whole #metoo movement. No-one in their right mind would want to be associated with this figures.
    And because this few do a great job in discrediting themselves, Weinstein, his peers and all the other predators are more likely to get away with it.

fgg

Asia Argento returns to Twitter to accuse former friend Rain Dove of spreading lies about Anthony Bourdain's death

Asia Argento has returned to Twitter for the first time since the New York Times reported that she and actor Jimmy Bennett agreed to a $380,000 settlement after he accused her of sexually assaulting him in a May 2013 encounter when he was 17 years old. Argento has called Bennett’s claims “false.”

Argento and former friend Rain Dove exchanged heated tweets Wednesday morning, after Dove posted a link to an article in which Argento’s lawyer, Mark Heller, insisted that Bennett would not receive the remainder of the money owed to him as part of his settlement.

On Tuesday Heller told TMZ that Bennett, who was 7 years old when he played the Italian actress and director’s son in 2004’s The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, was guilty of “sexually attacking” and then extorting Argento.

“Asia chose at the time not to prosecute Bennett for sexually attacking her,” Heller told the site, explaining that his client denied having a sexual relationship with the former child star because she considered it a one-night stand.

Heller also accused Bennett of taking advantage of Argento’s relationship with Anthony Bourdain, who committed suicide in June. Bourdain allegedly agreed to settle the matter by offering him $380,000, of which $250,000 has actually been paid out.

“[Bennett] chose to intrude on that relationship and demand financial payment from Bourdain in consideration for not embarrassing Asia and indirectly Bourdain,” her attorney told TMZ.

“Asia does not intend to prosecute Bennett for his conduct and recognizes that his unfortunate past, his stalled acting career, and a lawsuit against his own parents for allegedly misappropriating more than a million and a half dollars from his account might explain his desperation to seek money from Asia and Bourdain for this falsely alleged incident that took place more than 5 years ago,” Heller told TMZ.

In a statement to the New York Post, Heller said that Argento does not intend to pay Bennett the remaining $130,000 in his settlement.

“Now that Mr. Bourdain has passed away and is not able to comment on his desire to avoid potential scandal … Asia will not permit any portion of the balance of the $380,000 payment to be paid to Bennett who has already received $250,000 from Anthony Bourdain,” he told the paper, adding that the scandal shouldn’t diminish Argento’s credibility as a witness against Harvey Weinstein or as a #MeToo advocate.

“Asia’s courage to originally make the accusations against Harvey Weinstein has not waned,” Heller said. “Phase Two of the #MeToo movement dictates that the voice of a victim, even one with a history that may be in question, should be heard and she is hopeful that in the Court of Public Opinion it will ultimately be determined that Asia never initiated an inappropriate sexual contact with a minor, but rather she was attacked by Bennett and might even be suffering the fallback of a smear campaign by those already accused who may have a vested interest in their accusers being denied credibility.”

Heller’s comments prompted Dove — the model and activist dating Rose McGowan, who has also accused Weinstein of sexual assault — to call out Argento on Twitter, urging her to “tell the truth.” It was Dove who gave the police incriminating texts Argento sent regarding her relationship with Bennett.

Argento broke her Twitter silence by responding to Dove’s tweet. Rather than answering her former pal’s question or addressing her lawyer’s new claims, she turned the tables on Dove by accusing him of spreading lies about Bourdain’s death.

She also called Dove a “sick pathological liar” who sold her out by turning over their private texts.

Argento also posted screenshots of furtive texts from Dove, which reference “the truth” about Bourdain’s death. One warns that “people could disappear” if the real story got out, which Dove appears to link to the toxicology report issued on Bourdain.

While Dove continued to admonish Argento for “hurting victims’ voices everywhere” by accusing Bennett of rape, Argento threatened to expose “all the lies [Dove] told me about Anthony’s death.”

Between the speculation about Bourdain’s death, the accusations aimed at Bennett, and the charges that Argento — who has advocated for survivors of sexual assault — is handling her own case in a problematic manner, there’s a lot to unpack here. Will it all be resolved in a courtroom, or will the Twitter blows carry on?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...120356092.html

fgg

Asia Argento won’t pay accuser the rest of $380K hush money

Asia Argento has responded to actor Jimmy Bennett’s sexual assault claims in a lengthy statement through a new attorney, who adds Argento’s stopping payments to Bennett as arranged by her ex Anthony Bourdain.

Lawyer Mark Jay Heller denies reports Argento had a sexual relationship with Bennett, claiming, “Her relationship with Bennett was never sexual, but rather the relationship was a long distance friendship over many years.”

The statement acknowledges Argento’s late ex, Bourdain, entered a $380,000 agreement with Bennett to protect Argento. But, “Now that Mr. Bourdain has passed away and is not able to comment on his desire to avoid potential scandal … Asia will not permit any portion of the balance of the $380,000 payment to be paid to Bennett who has already received $250,000 from Anthony Bourdain.”

The statement says: “Asia’s courage to originally make the accusations against Harvey Weinstein has not waned … Phase Two of the #metoo movement dictates that the voice of a victim, even one with a history that may be in question, should be heard and she is hopeful that in the Court of Public Opinion it will ultimately be determined that Asia never initiated an inappropriate sexual contact with a minor, but rather she was attacked by Bennett and might even be suffering the fallback of a smear campaign by those already accused who may have a vested interest in their accusers being denied credibility.”

Bennett’s lawyer did not get back to us by deadline.

The actor, now 22, has said previously of his allegations, “I was underage when the event took place… I didn’t think that people would understand the event that took place from the eyes of a teenage boy.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/04/asia-...0k-hush-money/

I'm starting to doubt Anthony Bourdains sanity. What did he do in between this bunch of nuts? He must have been pretty ill to not being able to distance himself from these raging lunatics.
    They are all such shady characters.

(sigh) It's so awkward when victims are assholes.
    dexter7, Novice and firebrat1229 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Asia Argento won’t pay accuser the rest of $380K hush money

Asia Argento has responded to actor Jimmy Bennett’s sexual assault claims in a lengthy statement through a new attorney, who adds Argento’s stopping payments to Bennett as arranged by her ex Anthony Bourdain.

Lawyer Mark Jay Heller denies reports Argento had a sexual relationship with Bennett, claiming, “Her relationship with Bennett was never sexual, but rather the relationship was a long distance friendship over many years.”

The statement acknowledges Argento’s late ex, Bourdain, entered a $380,000 agreement with Bennett to protect Argento. But, “Now that Mr. Bourdain has passed away and is not able to comment on his desire to avoid potential scandal … Asia will not permit any portion of the balance of the $380,000 payment to be paid to Bennett who has already received $250,000 from Anthony Bourdain.”

The statement says: “Asia’s courage to originally make the accusations against Harvey Weinstein has not waned … Phase Two of the #metoo movement dictates that the voice of a victim, even one with a history that may be in question, should be heard and she is hopeful that in the Court of Public Opinion it will ultimately be determined that Asia never initiated an inappropriate sexual contact with a minor, but rather she was attacked by Bennett and might even be suffering the fallback of a smear campaign by those already accused who may have a vested interest in their accusers being denied credibility.”

Bennett’s lawyer did not get back to us by deadline.

The actor, now 22, has said previously of his allegations, “I was underage when the event took place… I didn’t think that people would understand the event that took place from the eyes of a teenage boy.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/04/asia-...0k-hush-money/
    BIB: If I had been assaulted by someone it wouldn't cross my mind to consider the 'court of public opinion'. I would surely be more inclined to engage with the criminal justice system. I may be overthinking this but I was brought up to understand the difference between right and wrong and to treat both with great importance and to respond, to each situation, appropriately. I once fainted in school, at the age of ten, and my mother took me to see our local doctor. I wouldn't let him examine me because it had been hammered into me that if anyone touched me or tried to get my clothes off I was to scream and shout for help! He had to examine my abdomen through my clothes!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information