Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: Asia Argento pays 380k settlement for alleged sexual assault to former co-star

She didn't have the same kind of sway over this kid as Harvey did over most of his victims. I mean, in some cases, he was rampaging and banging at their hotel doors at some crazy hour. I'm not saying this is an excuse, but it would also be why she might not see herself as being a "Harvey Weinstein" when she told her story.

I know that Bennett has now been giving interviews as this story keeps breaking. I would like to know if he was contacted at any point by Harvey's "emissaries" after her story about Harvey first broke. And whether they contact him afterward or asked for documents related to Bennett's court case.
    dexter7 likes this.

^^^I'm sure Weinstein's legal team is not even sleeping, just trying to dig out dirt from every woman who accused their client 24/7. I'm sure they contacted Bennett, encouraged him to speak up and probably even offered to pay (for a lawyer, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    The mental disconnect in her is interesting. Did she not see herself as a predator, because she isn't fat and repulsive like Weinstein, or because she can't destroy the victim's career like Weinstein could? Instead of hiding it, she could have used her experience to benefit #metoo, if she had talked openly about how victims can also be predators, and how boundaries can become blurred. Missed opportunity.
    i think, if it's true the kid is the one who jumped on top of her, she doesn't see it that way because he is the one who initiated it. she doesn't get it that it doesn't matter if the 17 year-old wanted to fuck her and made the first move, it matters that he was 17 and she was 37 and she had known him since he was 7 and was a sort of parental/authority figure and she had to be the adult in the situation and put a stop to it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Or the kid's not lying and she got him a little drunk and went down on him. What 17 y/o could resist at that point? Sex happens and he leaves dazed and confused. That's not statutory rape to me, that's rape.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think, if it's true the kid is the one who jumped on top of her, she doesn't see it that way because he is the one who initiated it. she doesn't get it that it doesn't matter if the 17 year-old wanted to fuck her and made the first move, it matters that he was 17 and she was 37 and she had known him since he was 7 and was a sort of parental/authority figure and she had to be the adult in the situation and put a stop to it.
    ^^^Yes, this. When you are an adult of 37 years and a 17 years old child jumps on you, you may feel kinda flattered, but mostly amused and because you are an responsible adult, you put a full stop on it. Because you are not THAT interested, your morals are intact enough to see that it would be wrong, because you will probably hurt this child emotionally and simply because it is illegal.
    DawnM74, arie_skop and Lalasnake like this.

Who says her version of events is believable anyway?
    fgg, joebob and Lalasnake like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

^^^^
    i'm not. i'm saying, even if her version is correct and the kid jumped her, she's still in the wrong, and she doesn't seem to grasp that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i'm not. i'm saying, even if her version is correct and the kid jumped her, she's still in the wrong, and she doesn't seem to grasp that.
    Also, factor in that alcohol was involved. Kid is a minor and she's drinking with/supplying him with alcohol. Bad business all around.
    DawnM74, arie_skop and Lalasnake like this.

She has absolutely no grasp of how what she is being accused of could be perceived as wrong except by the puritanical 10% of the planet that "gives a shit" about these things, which I assume 90% is code for "not the United States" in her mind. After all, when she was 17, she was already dating a guy in his 30s, and had been for years, and that must have worked out great and didn't leave her fucked in the head or anything.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

She looks like a crack head in this pic.

Asia Argento 'sent unwanted topless video to recovering sex addict she knew had a girlfriend' and then 'freaked out' when he got upset, saying she did this 'with all her friends'

• Jeff Leach said on the podcast Legion of Skanks that Asia Argento sent him a video of herself topless knowing he had a girlfriend
    • The comedian, 34, then said the actress 'flipped out' when he got angry with her, and said she sent nude photos and videos to all her friends
    • He said that he questioned her being the public face of the #MeToo movement in light of her actions
    • 'I'm not saying she hasn't been assaulted or hurt by bad people but maybe [she and Rose McGowan] are not the best f***ing spokespeople for it,' said Leach
    • At the time, Leach was beginning the process of treating a sex addiction that he once told the BBC led him to sleep with over 300 women at the age of 27

By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 12:04 EDT, 24 August 2018 | UPDATED: 14:21 EDT, 24 August 2018

+4

On display: At the time, Leach was beginning the process of treating a sex addiction that he once told the BBC led him to sleep with over 300 women at the age of 27 (Argento above in a semi-nude photo posted to her Instagram in September 2017, years after she sent an image to Leach

Asia Argento sent unwanted topless video to comedian and then 'freaked out' when he got upset | Daily Mail Online
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I'm sorry - what was the story about?
    Daphodil and Lalasnake like this.

I was just scanning through the article and got scared this had something to do with Robin Leach at first.

Girlfriend has issues.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Daphodil like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^I'm sure Weinstein's legal team is not even sleeping, just trying to dig out dirt from every woman who accused their client 24/7. I'm sure they contacted Bennett, encouraged him to speak up and probably even offered to pay (for a lawyer, for example).
    Well, yeah, of course. Everyone following the Weinstein story knew he was going to start this kind of counter-attack, and I have absolutely no doubt that Fat Harvey is part of the equation here. The thing is, if he dug into my history, he might find some rather risque behavior, even some 'Oh, God, please don't let my family see this shit.' What they would NOT find is me involved with a teenager after my own teen years. I'm guessing this holds true for most of us.

Girlfriend most definitely has issues, and I'm guessing that's a huge part of why she voluntarily continued a relationship with her abuser. Victims don't have to be perfect to be victims, but I know I need to repeatedly remind myself not to allow imperfections erode empathy and the need for justice.

Elite Member

She looks nasty. Like trailer park next to a Walmart nasty.
    holly likes this.

Don't know much about this trick but maybe the right thing to do would have been yep I was abused by Weinstein and while we are on the subject, I'm an abuser too.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information