Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: Asia Argento pays 380k settlement for alleged sexual assault to former co-star

Wow, what a tangled web. I think she is digging herself into a deeper hole.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Asia Argento allegedly admitted to sex with teen in texts

Actress Asia Argento allegedly admitted she did have sex with a 17-year-old former co-star — but claimed he “jumped” her, according to explosive texts published Wednesday.

The texts, which TMZ says are between Argento and a friend, come a day after the 42-year-old actress claimed she never had sex with former child actor Jimmy Bennett but admitted her late boyfriend Anthony Bourdain agreed to pay him hush money.

“I had sex with him it felt weird. I didn’t know he was a minor until the shakedown letter,” Argento allegedly wrote to her pal.

“The horny kid jumped me … It wasn’t raped but I was frozen. He was on top of me. After, he told me I had been his sexual fantasy since was 12.”

A bombshell New York Times report published Sunday first alleged that Argento paid $380,000 to Bennett — who once played her son in a movie — after he accused her of raping him in her California hotel room when he was 17 and she was 37.

The age of consent in California is 18.

Argento finally responded Tuesday, saying Bourdain coughed up the cash because he feared negative press and because Bennett was broke, but said she never had “any sexual relationship” with the teen.

A photo published by TMZ appears to show Argento and Bennett topless in bed, but Argento allegedly claimed “It doesn’t mean s–t” in the text exchange.

“You can see my t–s,” she wrote. “That’s all.”

Argento, now 42, also allegedly texted her friend a letter she said Bennett gave her afterward.

“I love you with all my heart. So glad we met again and I’m so glad your in my life. Jimmy,” reads the note scrawled on Ritz-Carlton stationery.

Argento then claims Bennett sent “unsolicited nudes” to her for years afterward — until two weeks before his lawyers reached out demanding a payout, according to TMZ.

“I didn’t report because I always felt bad for this Hollywood failed child actor, a casualty of the machine, of his parents,” she allegedly texted.

“I have 80 pages on him by a PI that Anthony hired.”

The Italian actress became an icon of the #MeToo movement when she accused producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault last year.

Argento’s lawyer didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/22/asia-...teen-in-texts/

Asia Argento and 17-Year-Old Boy in Bed in Sexual Encounter | TMZ.com

pics at the tmz link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I am really starting to reassess my opinion of Bourdain after reading what an incoherent mess Argento is. I'm guessing the sex was amazeballs.

Elite Member

She says she froze but wasn't raped? It sounds like she's trying to insinuate it.

She's crazy and fucked in the head.

She didn't know he was under aged? Didn't she work with him when he was a kid?
    Palermo, rollo and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    She didn't know he was under aged? Didn't she work with him when he was a kid?
    Yep

So I didn't have sex with him but if I did then he started it and I froze , oh and I also didn't know he was underage because I forgot I met him when he was 7 . This seems to be the ever evolving story of her spin.
    joebob, rollo, lindsaywhit and 2 others like this.

I can see not knowing if someone is 17 vs 18. I cannot see being attracted to that if I'm 30something and knew him when he a was a little kid. What the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I can see not knowing if someone is 17 vs 18. I cannot see being attracted to that if I'm 30something and knew him when he a was a little kid. What the actual fuck?
    That’s it right there. She’s a fucking creep.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I am really starting to reassess my opinion of Bourdain after reading what an incoherent mess Argento is. I'm guessing the sex was amazeballs.
    I guess so, because I don't get it otherwise.

I honestly don't understand how she would dream of making this crime of hers about Anthony. Even if everything she were saying were true, or especially if they were true, the last thing I would do is drag my dead boyfriend who killed himself into things. Does she honestly believe that's going to help her case?

Anyway...here are the pics from the TMZ article.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

This is a freaking mess. She's a mess and the kid is a mess. So, he's been sending her nudes for years, even when she was with someone else? And if you have to even question if someone is 17 v 18 you probably shouldn't sleep with them because as a 30-something they are too young.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Bronze Member

"I didn't know he was a minor until the shakedown letter"

WTF! she was in a film with him as a kid (which makes all this even creepier), is her next excuse/defence gonna be "I always had problems with math at school"?

Sorry, we recently had a typical shitty murder/rape in my city and the first thing the media thought they'd tell the public about the perpetrator was that he suffered from Aspergers Syndrome.....FFS!
    lindsaywhit likes this.

I can see why she's involving Bourdain - he can't call her out like everyone else is doing. Even on the face of it, she's a horrible person let alone if you read the blinds about her.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

The mental disconnect in her is interesting. Did she not see herself as a predator, because she isn't fat and repulsive like Weinstein, or because she can't destroy the victim's career like Weinstein could? Instead of hiding it, she could have used her experience to benefit #metoo, if she had talked openly about how victims can also be predators, and how boundaries can become blurred. Missed opportunity.
    Lofty Bike and arie_skop like this.

Yes, I especially hated the "I'll go to Africa or the Amazon forest, I want to be among the 90% of the world that doesn't give a fuck about this shit" bit. That is the woman who wants the world to know and care about the abuse she had to endure (and I'm still fully on her side in this). But if she is the perpetrator, it's not about her recognizing her mistake, but about part of the western world caring too much. And sorry, maybe I'm petty, but imho saying that the continent Africa does not care about child abuse is racist. All in all, this woman is a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Yes, I especially hated the "I'll go to Africa or the Amazon forest, I want to be among the 90% of the world that doesn't give a fuck about this shit" bit. That is the woman who wants the world to know and care about the abuse she had to endure (and I'm still fully on her side in this). But if she is the perpetrator, it's not about her recognizing her mistake, but about part of the western world caring too much. And sorry, maybe I'm petty, but imho saying that the continent Africa does not care about child abuse is racist. All in all, this woman is a complete mess.
    Yesterday, I had googled her and they have quotes on the sidebar and here's one attributed to Asia:

People's attitudes about sex aren't healthy anywhere, except maybe in those tribes where they go around naked.
    I don't know how old that is, or in what context it was said, but it struck me as fascinating.

ETA - I don't know if Asia's messy statement was posted, but I didn't see it, so I'm posting this article from Celebitchy. It sounds like she wrote this out herself without the aid of a publicist or a lawyer or that she wrote it in Italian and put it into Google Translate. It irrationally bugs me that Anthony's name is misspelled.

Asia Argento claims Anthony Bourdain chose to pay off her assault victim

As we discussed on Monday, it seems like Asia Argento paid a very young man for his silence after he accused her of raping him when he was just 17 years old. One of the reasons why this particular situation made so much news is because Argento was one of the first women to go on the record about what Harvey Weinstein did to her – she was victimized by Weinstein, and then years later she victimized a underage boy in a shocking similar way. Not to belabor this point, but of course sh-tty people can be victims of a heinous sexual assault. Just as victims of a sexual assault can sometimes go on to victimize other people in heinous ways. Anyway, Argento let the New York Times’ story fester for about 36 hours before she released a statement. Her statement is… nonsensical. To me.
    I strongly deny and oppose the contents of the New York Times article dated 20 August 2018, as circulated also in national and international news. I am deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false. I have never had any sexual relationship with Bennett.
    I was linked to him during several years by friendship only, which ended when, subsequent to my exposure in the Weinstein case, Bennett — who was then undergoing severe economic problems and who had previously undertaken legal actions against his own family requesting millions in damages — unexpectedly made an exorbitant request of money from me. Bennett knew my boyfriend, Anthony Bourdain, was a man of great perceived wealth and had his own reputation as a beloved public figure to protect.
    Antony [sic] insisted the matter be handled privately and this was also what Bennett wanted. Anthony was afraid of the possible negative publicity that such person, whom he considered dangerous, could have brought upon us. We decided to deal compassionately with Bennett’s demand for help and give it to him. Anthony personally undertook to help Bennett economically, upon the condition that we would no longer suffer any further intrusions in our life.
    This is, therefore, the umpteenth development of a sequence of events that brings me great sadness and that constitutes a long-standing persecution. I have therefore no other choice but to oppose such false allegations and will assume in the short term all necessary initiatives for my protection before all competent venues.
    [From THR]
    Argento’s story seems to be that a young acquaintance, someone whom she merely knew from work and in social situations, suddenly made a demand – a threat of some kind of extortion – of “an exorbitant request of money” from her. And instead of going to the police or consulting a lawyer or simply refusing to pay (because, again, this was just a work acquaintance/social friend in her version of the story), she then convinces Anthony Bourdain to pay the guy off? And it was Bourdain’s idea because he didn’t want the scandal? Da faq?
    Incidentally, TMZ claims to have seen the photo of Jimmy Bennett and Argento in 2013, when he was just 17 and she assaulted him. TMZ has also seen texts between Argento and Bourdain where they discussed the payout. Just reading the texts, it seems like Bourdain was choosing to trust whatever story Argento told him about Bennett, and she seemed to be working Bourdain over specifically so he would pay out to her victim. I don’t know anything for sure, obviously. But I do know that it certainly feels like Argento is laying this situation at the feet of a dead man who can’t contradict her story.

…And TMZ just published the photo of Argento and Bennett. Go here to see.
    http://Bennett knew my boyfriend, An...re to protect.

I guess Bennett was just waiting for Asia to date "a man of great perceived wealth" to shake her down? That makes total sense.
    Last edited by Waterslide; August 23rd, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information