Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Ariel Winter from Modern Family removed from home amid abuse claims

fgg

Ariel Winter's Brother: "There Is No Truth" to Abuse Allegations

Ariel Winter's brother is standing by his mother's side.

On Wednesday, TMZ reported that Modern Family actress Winter, 14, had been placed under her older sister Shanelle Gray's guardianship after allegations of physical and emotional abuse emerged against her mother, Chrisoula "Crystal" Workman.

Us Weekly spoke with Winter's brother, Jimmy Workman, about the allegations against their mother, and he tells Us they are not true.

"There is no truth to these allegations," he said. "The allegations made 20 years ago are not true and the ones today are not true."

According to TMZ's report, Gray was also removed from Workman's home as a young child based on similar abuse claims.

"This is a mother who does everything for her kids," Jimmy told Us. He added about their mother, "Chris misses Ariel and wants her to come home."

Winter, who got her first acting job at the age of 6, plays brainy middle child Alex Dunphy on ABC's hit Emmy-winning sitcom.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

So her brother calls his mother Chris?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ariel is old enough to give details to investigators here. I hope they listen to her. Her brother may not be a party to all that goes on behind his back.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

But Workman tells PEOPLE, "I have my doctor's letter that my daughter's never been abused. … I have stylists' letters that she's never been abused."
    Since when are stylists considered expert witnesses on child abuse cases?
    Flygirl and Lenny like this.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

The stylist can make a statement as to whethe or not they ever saw bruises. Doesn't mean it means a hill of beans though.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Since when are stylists considered expert witnesses on child abuse cases?

I thought the same thing. ooooh, she got a letter from a stylist. Case Closed.

That sounds about as effective as getting Salma Hayek to testify at your custody hearing.
    sluce and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Something abput the brothers denial isn't sitting well with me.

You can get a doctor to say anything. Look at any court case. You have one doctor giving an expert testimony for the prosecution and another giving expert testimony for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I thought the same thing. ooooh, she got a letter from a stylist. Case Closed.
    Me too. Nothing says solid source like your stylist.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

the fact that she has/had no bruises (if that's even true) doesn't prove anything. the scars of emotional abuse are not visible.
    i'm sure the judge didn't place her under her sister's guardianship and imposed the restraining order for fun.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReader View Post
    Whenever something sketchy happens nowadays with Lindsey Lohan, I'm reminded of the revelations that her father would sneak into the house when no one was home and hide, so that he could jump out and terrorize his own children to the point of hysteria.
    Source?
    Mel1973 likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Apega/WENN.com

“Modern Family” star Ariel Winter’s mother is convinced allegations she is abusing the teenage actress stem from legal action she took against the underage star’s 18-year-old boyfriend.
    The 14-year-old was removed from the home of her mother, Crystal Workman, by a judge following claims of ongoing physical and emotional abuse. During a legal hearing in Los Angeles last month, the young actress stated she was subjected to “slapping, hitting, pushing” and “vile name-calling and personal insults” for an extended period of time.
    Winter’s mother has vehemently denied the accusations, and now she claims her alleged attempt to stop the actress dating an older man is the root of the drama.
    In a statement to Celebuzz.com, Workman writes, “I love my daughter very much. I would never abuse her in anyway
    and I have always tried my best to always protect her and do what is right for her.
    “My 14-year-old daughter has been dating an 18-and-a-half-year-old man, and when I caught them engaging in behavior that I feel my daughter is too young mentally and physically to understand and fully grasp I put a stop to it immediately.
    “Being a teenager ‘in love’ I thought (Ariel) would cry and sulk and eventually her broken heart would heal. I would have never of dreamed, that she would take it to this level.”
    Workman claims she took legal action against the unidentified 18 year old over fears for her daughter.
    She adds, “I filed charges against him because legally he is an adult and if he wants to engage in adult behavior with a minor then he should also be ready to suffer adult consequences for his actions.”
    Winter’s sister Shanelle Gray has been granted temporary guardianship of the teenager, who has also obtained a protective order against her mom. It will remain in effect until a court hearing set for November 20.

Ariel Winter’s mother: ‘I look legal action to stop daughter dating 18 year old’ | Daily Dish | an SFGate.com blog

the plot thickens..........

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

"There is no truth to these allegations," he said. "The allegations made 20 years ago are not true and the ones today are not true."

?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information