Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aretha Franklin not feeling the R-E-S-P-E-C-T at Grammys

gravitational pull and rubber cement.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

for some reason that damned song - what was that called - I think it was the Rapping Duke - just got stuck in my head..
    Aretha Franklin, Aretha Franklin, Aretha Franklin - lemme rock you Aretha Franklin... let me rooooock you ... hope it gets stuck in somebody else's head now...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you gotta be fucking kidding me! this woman is obviously a straight up insane egomaniac! Get some perspective Aretha! someone should dump her fat ass in the middle of a jungle somewhere for a while and let her get a hold of reality.

She should be upset about this..
    Grammy Awards Parties - Yahoo! News Photos

Aretha Franklin's Grammy Wrath Is Out Of Control

Posted Wed. Feb 13, 9:15 PM ET by Billy Johnson, Jr. in Hip-Hop Media Training
    Aretha Franklin just received a MusicCares Award last week from the Grammys.
    She deserved it. A sweetheart friend of mine pulled some strings for me to get a ticket, but I was ultimately unable to attend when a dear relative passed away days before the event.
    But when I got the news that I was going to see Aretha perform, I was humbled. I've attended a MusicCares event for Natalie Cole (stay tuned for the irony) several years ago, and it was incredible. The MusicCares event is essentially a night devoted to a singular artist. So if you are a genuine fan, it is a privilege to be in attendance. I could not believe that I was going to get to see the undisputed QUEEN OF SOUL in this setting.
    But now, I'm glad that I didn't go.
    Today, Hip Hop Media Training launches its own awards show. It's called the WhoCares Awards, and Aretha is the first recipient.
    Aretha is upset with the introduction Beyonce made for Tina Turner at the Grammys. Beyonce referred to Tina Turner as the Queen and Aretha felt disrespected, and had enough nerve to complain out loud about it via a statement issued by her publicist :
    "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé. However, I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy," Aretha wrote.
    Yo, Aretha, Beyonce didn't call Tina Turner the Queen Of Soul. She simply referred to her as the Queen. Ugh, didn't you see the movie "What's Love Got To Do With It?" How about the book? Did you see how great Tina Turner looked on stage at the Grammys, next to Beyonce, who is 42 years younger? Did you see her moves? I know you're a woman, but did you check out her body? Did you see the kind of shape she's in even though she eats off of the Senior Citizen menu at Dennys? Do you know that she will be 70 years old next year? Did you hear how great she sounded? Do you remember how she found the strength to turn everything around after years of abuse from Ike Turner? Didn't you know that she was penniless, but went on to become one of the most successful women in entertainment? Don't you know that Anna Mae Bullock is from Nutbush, Tennesse? Nut-bush! (Do you even know where that is?) You don't remember how she helped revolutionize rock 'n roll, not to mention soul?
    What is wrong with you?
    You don't think she deserves to be considered a queen?
    Not even on the night she is being honored?
    Come on now, Aretha. Don't be greedy. Show Tina some R-E-S-P-E-C-T?
    If you want to be upset at someone for handing out titles that you think are inappropriate, where were you on the night of June 19, 2001 when your god daughter Whitney Houston referred to her ex-husband Bobby Brown as the King Of R&B at the 1st Annual BET Awards?
    We needed you to issue a statement then. That would have been perfect. It would have been fitting for the Queen Of Soul to announce, "Here ye, here ye! Bobby Brown is not the King Of R&B."
    But you left us hanging.
    Thankfully, Jamie Foxx told us that Whitney apparently meant that Bobby was the King of "Reefer & Beer."
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Thankfully, Jamie Foxx told us that Whitney apparently meant that Bobby was the King of "Reefer & Beer."

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I knew you'd find that amusing!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I knew you'd find that amusing!!
    But of course.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    But of course.

Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Ugh, didn't you see the movie "What's Love Got To Do With It?" How about the book? Did you see how great Tina Turner looked on stage at the Grammys, next to Beyonce, who is 42 years younger? Did you see her moves? I know you're a woman, but did you check out her body? Did you see the kind of shape she's in even though she eats off of the Senior Citizen menu at Dennys? Do you know that she will be 70 years old next year? Did you hear how great she sounded? Do you remember how she found the strength to turn everything around after years of abuse from Ike Turner? Didn't you know that she was penniless, but went on to become one of the most successful women in entertainment? Don't you know that Anna Mae Bullock is from Nutbush, Tennesse? Nut-bush! (Do you even know where that is?) You don't remember how she helped revolutionize rock 'n roll, not to mention soul?
    What is wrong with you?
    You don't think she deserves to be considered a queen?
    Not even on the night she is being honored?
    Come on now, Aretha. Don't be greedy. Show Tina some R-E-S-P-E-C-T?
    Take THAT Aretha!

Tina is a goddess and somebody's just jellussss.

Aretha and Natalie Cole should run off and pout together.

A bitter jealous fatty if there ever was one.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

*Ahem* Correction: She is the QUEEN of bitter jealous fatties.

Show some respect!

@ bobby fuckin' brown

Beyoncé's Father Fires Back at Aretha

The queen is getting stung back.

Beyoncé's father/manager, Mathew Knowles, has now lashed out against Aretha Franklin in defense of his daughter over a remark she made at the Grammys.

"Something this ridiculous – it's childish, it's unprofessional," Mathew Knowles said in a statement Thursday. "And it's a sad day when egos get bruise because somebody used the word king, queen, prince or princess."

Franklin – known as the Queen of Soul – was offended after Beyoncé introduced Tina Turner as "the queen" during the duo's Grammy performance.

Beyoncé's Father Fires Back at Aretha - Scandals & Feuds, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce Knowles : People.com

Tina Turner wins over all of them anyways so everyone needs to just shut up and bow down! (although I'm sure Aretha's tits and belly dont allow her to do that anymore)

Yeah, that should help things. Daddy's coming .. Aretha will stomp a mudhole in his ass and stuff beonstage in it...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information