Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Apollo Nida: Real Housewives of Atlanta Husband charged with Identity Theft and Fraud

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' husband Apollo Nida bails on jail sign-in, starts argument at Phaedra Parks' house - NY Daily News

Apollo Nida bails on jail sign-in, starts argument at Phaedra Parks' house

The husband of reality star Phaedra Parks was supposed to check in to an Atlanta jail Wednesday, but showed up at Parks' house and went 'psychotic' on her instead.
    BY Rachel Maresca
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 2:39 PM
    Updated: Thursday, September 11, 2014, 8:10 AM

Wilford Harewood/AP Apollo Nida (l.) was 'running around the house like a lunatic' Wednesday when he showed up to argue with wife Phaedra Parks (r.), sources said.

“Real Housewives of Atlanta” husband Apollo Nida should have started his 8-year prison stint yesterday, but the reality star was a no-show.

Instead, Nida, 35, drove over to his wife Phaedra Parks’ house and started a fight with her while Bravo cameras were rolling.

“It was the most bizarre thing. Everyone thought he was already at jail this morning,” a source on set told Us Weekly Wednesday.

“He drove himself to jail and was supposed to be there by noon. So Bravo came over to her house to start filming her coming home and all that stuff. The whole Bravo crew saw it – it’s all on tape. Everyone was shocked.”

Nida, who was convicted on several counts of bank and wire fraud, reportedly went off on his wife for changing the locks.

He was “running around the house like a lunatic for about 20 minutes. He was psychotic, not even making sense,” the source said.

The couple, who have both appeared on the Bravo reality show since Season 3, has two children together. Fortunately their young sons were not present for the outburst Wednesday, they were staying with a neighbor down the street.

Nida "abandoned" his family in the months leading up to his pending incarceration, TMZ previously reported. He has apparently been partying instead.

Rick Diamond/Getty Images for Cirque du Solei 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast member Phaedra Parks, right, and husband Apollo Nida in happier times.

He told Atlanta's B100 radio station that Parks, 41, has not been there for him, and that he "doubts" their marriage will survive the jail sentence.

"I mean, my wife didn't even f--king show up for my sentencing," he told TMZ. "I'm still salty about that."

He reiterated his gripes about her absence from the hearing again Wednesday during their argument, the Us Weekly source said.

It isn’t his first stint behind bars – Nida was previously imprisoned from 2004 to 2009 for auto loan fraud. He was sentenced to another 8 years for his crimes in July.

"I have two major regrets. The first is not being true to myself. When I came out of prison the first time, I told myself that I never wanted to be in this situation again. I had numerous talks with myself. I knew how to stay out of trouble, but I lost focus," he told Forbes in a recent interview.

A rep for Parks didn't immediately return the Daily News' request for comment.

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' husband Apollo Nida bails on jail sign-in, starts argument at Phaedra Parks' house - NY Daily News

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

'RHOA' husband Apollo Nida shows up for prison - CNN.com

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' husband Apollo Nida shows up late for prison
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    updated 11:30 AM EDT, Thu September 11, 2014

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • NEW: Apollo Nida posted a video just before walking into prison early Thursday
    • There was "an incident" with Nida at his Atlanta home, his wife's publicist says
    • Nida was ordered to report to a federal prison in Kentucky on Wednesday
    • His fraud scheme stole millions from at least 50 people over four years, a prosecutor says

(CNN) -- "Real Housewives of Atlanta" husband Apollo Nida has reported to prison to start an eight-year federal sentence for a fraud conviction, despite a side trip to have a final word with his wife.

Nida was still in Atlanta at the home he shared with his wife, "Real Housewives" co-star Phaedra Parks, on Wednesday after the noon deadline that U.S. marshals gave him to turn himself in to the minimum-security federal prison in Lexington, Kentucky.

Park's publicist, Steve Honig, who was at the home when Nida arrived Wednesday afternoon, told CNN "there was an incident" around 4 p.m., although he declined to give details on the record.

A source who witnessed the incident told CNN that Nida came to the house because he was upset that Parks would not deposit money into his prison account. The source asked not to be identified.

Nida, 35, eventually checked into prison as inmate 65725-019, prison spokesman Kenny Coleman said Thursday. Inmate privacy rules prevented the spokesman for disclosing details about what time Nida arrived.

"I can tell you that he is here," Coleman said.

However, Nida posted a message on his Twitter account early Thursday saying "I would like to say thanks 4 everyone's support & thanks 4 holding me in prayer I've arrived 2 my destination and I'm going asunder"

http://instagram.com/p/szAjRAoJgp/embed/#

http://videos-b-8.ak.instagram.com/h...28602597_n.mp4

He also posted a video on his Instagram account with a similar message that apparently was recorded just before turning himself in at the prison.

Nida's lawyer did not respond to CNN calls about Nida's status.

Parks, a lawyer and reality TV star, would not comment on the record about tabloid reports that she was upset that Nida ignored his children and spent much of his time drinking in clubs during his last weeks of freedom.

"Phaedra is now putting all of her energy into ensuring the well-being of her two children and making decisions that are in their best interests," her publicist said in a statement to CNN on Wednesday. "This situation has put a tremendous strain on Phaedra and her family, and she is working hard to bring back a sense of normalcy to everyone's lives."

Nida, who appears on the reality TV series with Parks, was arrested in January and pleaded guilty in May to charges in a fraud scheme that federal prosecutors say stole millions of dollars from at least 50 people over four years.

He must serve five years under parole supervision after he completes his eight years in a federal prison, U.S. District Court Judge Charles A. Pannell, Jr. ordered at his sentencing in July.

This is the second prison stint for Nida, who served five years in a federal prison for auto title fraud before marrying Parks in 2009.

In the most recent case, Nida created two fake collection companies to gather personal information used to steal victims' identities, U.S. Attorney Sally Quillian Yates said after his sentencing in Atlanta. He used the information to get fraudulent auto loans in the names of his victims, according to the criminal complaint.

He was busted after a yearlong investigation by the U.S. Secret Service.

The break in the case came in September, when federal investigators arrested Gayla St. Julien, a woman who "described herself as Nida's 'right hand b----' in executing the legwork of his fraud schemes," the criminal complaint said.

St. Julien, who previously served prison time for identity theft, told agents that Nida "only paid her 'scraps' " for her work, "compared to the amount of money he made from the fraud schemes," the filing said. She turned on him and agreed to let agents record their phone calls, it said.

Nida "knowingly and willfully (did) execute and attempt to execute a scheme to defraud federally insured financial institutions by depositing stolen and fraudulently obtained checks and fraudulently obtained auto loan proceeds into bank accounts opened in the stolen identities of real persons, and conspire with others to do so, and knowingly convert to his use and the use of others stolen and fraudulently obtained United States Treasury Checks," Special Agent Alexandre Herrera said in a sworn affidavit.

Nida's fake companies fraudulently signed up with "LexisNexis, Equifax, and Mircrobilt databases" to steal personal information on people.

Along with the fraudulent auto loan checks, Nida stole U.S. Treasury checks, "retirement checks issued to Delta Airlines employees, and checks in the names of real people that were owed unclaimed property from various state and federal government agencies," the complaint said.

Agents recorded phone calls St. Julien made to Nida, during which he discussed details of pending fraudulent auto loans and "details of future auto loan checks that he was expecting to receive any day now from in the mail," the affidavit said.

'RHOA' husband Apollo Nida shows up for prison - CNN.com

If the Bravo cameras were there, it'll show up on the next Atlanta season.

He probably had a hissy fit cause he's pissed that his wife ain't taking his shit no more. He treated her like total shit on the show. And she made him sign a prenup so he can't mooch anymore off her. Sounds like she already dumped him. She's a hard worker and a self-made success, she needs to find a partner of her own caliber and lose that bum.

czb

^^^ caliber? i thought some of the articles posted above suggested she was in cahoots with him....
    Bombshell likes this.

Silver Member

Phaedra has her own court case going on. I'm just waiting on that shoe to drop on miss "i accept money in the backseat of cars for my services". She most certainly was involved and is trying hard to CYA.
    Bombshell likes this.

I only read the first article on this page. They could suggest it but unless she's charged, I don't know if she was or not. Even if she was in cahoots, she's not on the same level as him, professionally or personally.

czb

if someone is knowingly in cahoots with a fraud, then they're a fraud as well.

i believe this is suggested in the articles on the first 2 pages. more bandwidth than these two losers deserve.

Whether she was or not, she doesn't need that asshole. I"m glad she let him flap in the breeze.

czb

hmmm. so she was allegedly in cahoots with him but lets him take the hit. i would say that they are both assholes.

Key word being allegedly. And of course she's an asshole, she hooked up with him. He was an asshole way before these charges.

He was driving himself to prison? Did he expect them to hold the car for him for 8 years?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

He thinks prison has long-term airport parking.
    Bombshell likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information