Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Another day, another Mel Gibson temper-tantrum caught on tape

Gibson has years of experience of being the calm, charming professional in public, but there have always been stories of him being an asshole. It's just that it was mostly to underlings and grunts on movie sets, so most people never heard about it or cared. Does anyone really believe that this is the first outburst he's unloaded on a screenwriter? It's just back then he made millions and was King Mel, so it was covered up and tolerated.

What's changed? Aside from getting older, he's no longer king of the hill anymore. His marriage - which was a huge part of his PR appeal for years and years - crumbled. His career has stalled. He's become essentially a pariah in Hollywood and can't stand it. It's hardly the first time a meglomaniacal, psychotic egomaniac was able to coast by on a good image in Hollywood (or anywhere) when he was young and everything was going right. It's when things start going wrong for the assholes that you have to really worry. Everything is not in Mel's control anymore: he can't get the movies made that he wants to. People are talking back and not taking his shit.

I cringe at what I bet his ex-wife Robyn went through for years. But Oksana is not Robyn and hasn't turned the other cheek or disappeared quietly with a bunch of money. Screenwriters and others in Hollywood are contributing to his bad image, they're not covering up for Mel anymore. I'm sure he is losing his shit.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Just wanted to mention that when I got home last night, I flipped the TV to HLN, and Jane Velez Mitchell was playing the recordings.

You REALLY have to listen to them to get the full effect - reading what he says isn't nearly enough. It is literally like listening to someone having an all-out psychotic episode - like that pilot that freaked out on the plane and was shouting about Israel and Iran. Gibson is literally screaming himself hoarsel at the top of his lungs. When I hear it, I don't know how a guy like that functions on a day-to-day basis. They really need to throw a net over him and put him in a booby hatch.
    I agree with you completely. His shouting has this weird, bellowing whiny quality to it. And there are lots of pauses, so it doesn't seem like some sudden, uncontrollable outburst where he briefly vents some rage...he has time to consider what he's doing and he just goes on and on. He gathers himself so he can shout the next weird, obscene line as loudly as possible. Just ranting like some mentally ill, angry veteran or something. The "taking advantage of me" line is weird, too, like he's got a paranoia complex. Dude is cray.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I cringe at what I bet his ex-wife Robyn went through for years. But Oksana is not Robyn and hasn't turned the other cheek or disappeared quietly with a bunch of money. Screenwriters and others in Hollywood are contributing to his bad image, they're not covering up for Mel anymore. I'm sure he is losing his shit.
    I don't think Robyn went through this. I think she would have been in a women's shelter with their 8 kids, or however many it is. And we would be reading tell-alls.

Listen to the guy. He can't even ask people what they want to eat any more without screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs.

I think Mel's a vile human being, but I think Oksana was a stereotypical gold digger from the eastern block willing to tolerate him and all his bullshit for money, so I have no sympathy for the woman at all. His reputation was in place before she hooked up with him, she clearly didn't care about that as long as he financed her.

The only thing I can't ever reconcile is some people really like Gibson. Like RDJ, and Foster. It's odd.
    Beeyotch likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

He didnt sound angry, just insane....like the guys you see walking around all filthy in overcoats and no shoes on the street shouting out any old thing at the sky....Lost in their own world of madness. Its almost sad ......
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I think Mel's a vile human being, but I think Oksana was a stereotypical gold digger from the eastern block willing to tolerate him and all his bullshit for money, so I have no sympathy for the woman at all. His reputation was in place before she hooked up with him, she clearly didn't care about that as long as he financed her.

The only thing I can't ever reconcile is some people really like Gibson. Like RDJ, and Foster. It's odd.
    I agree completely.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Default Wow, from $15 mil to $250K.

MEL GIBSON Baby Mama Oksana Grigorieva LOOSE LIPS COST HER A BUNDLE
    8/11/2016 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's baby mama, Oksana Grigorieva, just got word from a California appeals court ... she made one of the worst business decisions in the history of business ... because they just ruled she's only entitled to 1/60 of what she could have gotten from him had she just shut her trap.
    The California Court of Appeals just dropped the hammer, saying Oksana screwed herself when she went on Howard Stern in 2013 and claimed domestic abuse at the hands of Gibson. The actor was on the hook for $750,000 -- a settlement he had struck with her -- but had only shelled out $250,000.
    The agreement said she would forfeit the balance if she blabbed about her allegations, and the court said that's exactly what she did when she went on Stern. So, Mel does not have to pay the $500k balance.

Mind you ... Mel had agreed to pay Oksana $15 million if she kept those horrible audiotapes secret, but she changed her mind thinking she could get even more and disavowed the deal. Instead of $15 mil, she eventually struck a deal for $750k ... and that has now been whittled down to $250k.
    Maybe she's just bad at math.

Mel Gibson and Baby Mama Oksana Grigorieva: Loose Lips Cost Her a Bundle | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Gold Member

Idiot. But we knew that-she hired and fired 40 lawyers and owes them more than a quarter million.

The original Amber Heard.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Mel, you moron. You threw away your family, career and reputation for this??? (Yeah, I know he was always a philanderer and bigot - I just didn't realize he was a stupid philanderer and bigot.)

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    Mel, you moron. You threw away your family, career and reputation for this??? (Yeah, I know he was always a philanderer and bigot - I just didn't realize he was a stupid philanderer and bigot.)
    Mel started winding his arm back for tossing his career long before Oksana.

1991: Makes several homophobic remarks to a Spanish newspaper. Repeatedly refuses to back down. Later tells Playboy "I'll apologize when hell freezes over. They can fuck off".

2003: Responds to a bad review by Frank Rich (NY Times) with the comments "I want to kill him... I want his intestines on a stick... I want to kill his dog".

2006: Gets pulled for DIU/speeding while having an open container of alcohol in the car. Goes on an anti-Semitic rant because the arresting officer wouldn't let him drive home. Calls a female officer "Sugar Tits" and makes threats against them, saying "I own Malibu. I am going to fuck you."

2009: Officially starts relationship with Oksana Grigorieva after splitting with his wife.

2010: Splits with Grigorieva amid allegations of domestic violence. Tapes emerge of him telling her that she deserved the beatings, making threats against her, both physical, sexual and containing extreme racist language.
    Trixie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^Point taken, Kittylady.

Has any male celebrity known for his looks aged worse than Mel? He was drop-dead gorgeous back in the day. Now he looks like a shriveled-up gnome. (And he's younger than I am!)

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    ^^Point taken, Kittylady.

Has any male celebrity known for his looks aged worse than Mel? He was drop-dead gorgeous back in the day. Now he looks like a shriveled-up gnome. (And he's younger than I am!)
    Johnny Depp and Axl Rose are contenders for that title. Robert Redford hasn't aged well, because blond hair + fair complexion + many, many hours skiing - sunscreen isn't a good combination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information